#41 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

Except our pets dont get spell pen so our CS is at best unreliable.

And cot has also been nerfed which was what countered mages the hardest. If you cant admit that a flat 50% reduction to all magical CC is overpowered you are in denial.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

It'd probably be decent at 33%, but I doubt this would be at the top of their list for balancing the game

#43 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:07 PM

I think mage armor is somewhat strong but sadly I could care less about the classes complaining about it. Albeit this game not revolving around 1v1.. fighting priests and warlocks as a mage is the most fucking retarded thing in this game for the last seasons. Im happy I finally have a way to deal with them. moreso warlocks than priests.

#44 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:07 PM

Like I said, reduce the duration of magical effects by 30% or so and make it 10% reduction in magical damage taken to bring it in line with other classes.

Resistances seem like a dated concept to me, for pvp at least.

#45 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

nerfing mage armor would actually help me since I play fire spec in arena dragons breathe 50% duration sucks qq

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Resistance is a little gay, but w/E

#47 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 770

Yes, Mage resistances are stupid and should be taken out, but arguing whether mage armor is overpowered and whether resistances are overpowered are two separate things.

#48 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

I haven't really experienced any issues with the CC reduction, sure it's annoying having to constantly refresh dots because of half duration. The worst part imo is the spell resistance seeing pets STILL DON'T HAVE FUCKING SPELL PEN. As someone else said, I can't count how many times I've lost because my spell lock was resisted during a shatter. Either remove the Spell Resistance or finally fix the god damn pets, maybe make the magical reduction to 30-40% but I'm not too fussed about that part, unless it's RMP :(

#49 Nemzz

Nemzz
  • Merker
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

Change it, watching my mage do 1v1 vs another mage, and lose b/c of RNG resists or other shit is annoying as well as irritating. Not only that, but they never seem to kill each other.

Heard wow char. names cant be longer than 12 letters. Ok, i admit im a retard, thinking that wow players might use their brain once in a while is unforgivable.
Also heard that people who are playing in good setups are hopelessly BAD.

So im a wotlk hero, yet managed to accomplish more in 4 months than you in your whole wow career,

Rank 2 0 time gladiator who has achieved bigger and better goals in WOW than you

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

mage v mage duels are rough, I've lost a few 1v1's in arena after rogues cross kill eachother.
Its not mage armor so much as Fireball/fof procs

#51 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

When you look at Ice/Mage/Molten armor, you can't look at their effects individually, you have to think about what we're giving up by choosing an armor.

If we use Mage Armor, we're losing Fingers of Frost procs from Ice Armor. If you put a felhunter on us, it procs a HUGE amount of shatters. Choosing Mage Armor doesn't just cut down your damage against us, it cuts down our damage against you too.

If you drop it to 20%, or 30%, we just won't use it anymore except in VERY rare circumstances - 1v1 against a shadow priest, for example. Or against a destro lock using a succubus.

This is one of those cases where people from different classes simply won't get it. They're going to fear us or dot us and see it is half duration, assume that it is a benefit with no drawbacks, and claim it is overpowered, unconditionally. They won't understand that our damage is lowered, they won't understand that we're losing molten/ice benefits, they won't understand how much we need it (mage/healer still loses to lock/healer, even with Mage Armor).

@OP: You complain about resists from mage armor, but 80 of our 110 resistance comes from Magic Absorption, not Mage Armor. Mage Armor causes very few resists, but I think most Mages agree that resistance needs to be changed so it simply reliably reduces damage, but never causes binary resists.

#52 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

Change it, watching my mage do 1v1 vs another mage, and lose b/c of RNG resists or other shit is annoying as well as irritating. Not only that, but they never seem to kill each other.

That's not mage armor, it's because of Brain Freeze and FoF procs. Although the duels are really long because of mage armor, yes.

#53 Trig

Trig
  • Trigshady
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

Wow warlocks QQing about mages thought i'd never see the day. Warlocks are way better then Mages in arena anyway just with mage armor removed they'd be much much better. I get the SP QQ but warlocks piss off. I agree mage armor is overpowered it makes noob mages get away with mistakes because blizz is makin this game more retard-friendly.

mage v mage duels are rough, I've lost a few 1v1's in arena after rogues cross kill eachother.
Its not mage armor so much as Fireball/fof procs

it's koz of mage armor too, without it i could run around the whole arena even if i was 5% hp and mana i could get back up to full if they didn't have mage armor on. Any mage with a clue could.

This is a public service announcement on the behalf of Trigshady. Trigshady does not give a fuck what you think. If you don't like it you can suck his fucking cock. Little did you know by reading Trigshady's sig you have just kissed his ass. Trigshady is fed up with your shit and he's going to pwn you while keyturning.

<3
Posted Image

#54 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

Why is it that people are so caught up in the class someone plays? Its almost as if every topic on this forum devolves into "oh you play x class, your opinion is invalid."

#55 Gekkejager

Gekkejager
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

Lolflay is right

-25% would be better. 50% is just completely bs
"Good change, it's so annoying if you want to death grip but your pet already stunned him!"

#56 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

Make it 20%.
Posted Image

#57 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

I would settle for adjusting the resistances; either that or Blizzard needs to solve the "technical issue" of pets not getting spell pen.

#58 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

@OP: You complain about resists from mage armor, but 80 of our 110 resistance comes from Magic Absorption, not Mage Armor. Mage Armor causes very few resists, but I think most Mages agree that resistance needs to be changed so it simply reliably reduces damage, but never causes binary resists.

I fully agree with this.
Posted Image

#59 Rice

Rice
  • Junkies

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

K, I'm gonna shock the mage's poly's.

Resist.

Resist.

Resist.

K, hexing mage!

...for 5 seconds.

K.

You can't outplay people when they resist every single interrupt. That's completely unfair. Don't tell me to fucking gem for spell pen, I'm a goddamn healer who already has to gem for hit rating.

And yes, magic effect reduction needs to be 30% or 33%, somewhere around there.

#60 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

K, I'm gonna shock the mage's poly's.

Resist.

Resist.

Resist.

K, hexing mage!

...for 5 seconds.

K.

You can't outplay people when they resist every single interrupt. That's completely unfair. Don't tell me to fucking gem for spell pen, I'm a goddamn healer who already has to gem for hit rating.

And yes, magic effect reduction needs to be 30% or 33%, somewhere around there.

I like your signature.

Oh and totally agree about the resist shit, personally haven't experienced the magical reduction as a huge issue as I said previously but I can imagine it being quite annoying having your hex only lasting 5 sec as a shaman for an example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<