Photo

Mage Armor's -50% thing needs to go.

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#21 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

Ya, somehow I don't think you know what it's like to use your pet nova then .1sec later get hit by TNT and go "WHELP THERE GOES MY SHATTER, ITS UP AGAIN IN 20 SECONDS." Same thing with scatter or any other thing that can halt LONG casts (mind blast and vt are NOT long casts and mind flay is channeled). And believe me, that happens all the time.

ive played a mage, and youre being really biased

have you even played a lock? or a priest? at all?

#22 Thebane

Thebane
  • Junkies

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

WE have no defense against magic in any way it how I guess it was justified. I agree its completly OP, it should be nerfed to 20-33% or give us some protection against casters in another way beside LOS (locks go sl, priests got sf...) come to think of it almost every class has some way other then interupts to stop ccs and only mages (pre 50% change) had nothing. Shammies got shocks + totems, priests can SWD / fear ward , druids got SS etc

#23 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

Mages aren't actually weak against casters. For the budget of it, you've got best anti-melee spell ( Frost Armor ), best anti-magic spell ( Mage Armor ), and best pve damage boost ( Molten Armor, free crit any1 ? )

Its fine that its reducing dot duration really, but the CC duration is what fcking blows.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#24 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

The 140 resistance is also bullshit. Do you know how many games I've lost because I can't CS a shatter?

#25 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

The 140 resistance is also bullshit. Do you know how many games I've lost because I can't CS a shatter?

This 'swell

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#26 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 770

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

Yes, I've played both priest and warlock and setting up damage as a Mage is just as about equally hard when factoring in Mage Armor but still easier to get screwed over on. Without Mage Armor, it would be infinitely harder and close to impossible to set up any damage whatsoever against teams with magical CC.

BTW, I'm only talking about 3v3 as well because 2v2 is absolute garbage. And to quote myself:

The purpose of Mage Armor is to allow a Mage to actually cast and set up damage in arena. Thus it would be overpowered if you were to see Mages put out DK-like damage numbers in arena. Otherwise, it is only overpowered in very limited situations and without it Mages would be underpowered.

#27 Darzog

Darzog
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

I use to hate Mage armor. All of season 5 I hated it. Now that destro is probably the best spec for Locks, I don't mind mage armor as much.

You guys can keep mage armor and we can keep nether protection :)

Enjoy.

P.S. Nether prot needs a nerf. And so does Mage armor.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

Its only 120 as frost, 140 as full arcane
Pets need spell pen old issue
:D

p.s. nether prot is teh gay

#29 Bigfatnoob

Bigfatnoob
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

No, i've not played a lock, but it doesn't change the fact that a warlock will often beat a mage in 1v1 anyway, (destro makes you -60% almost all the time).
In some situations it isn't OP it's very nessecary ie. Mage/rogue mirror matches, the only chance you have of winning if your rogue is brought out of stealth really is to trinket the first sheep that you will get (if you can't LoS etc) and to IB the impending blind, if we had to sit in the extremely long CC's that would happen we'd just lose based on random RNG. This is the same for priest rogue, taking those fears often would just bring us out of the game (trinket -> blind -> IB -> you're free to be CC'd for a long time), especially if the rogue was brought out of stealth early.
It's only really OP vs double caster dps teams and in 1v1, and if you're losing to a mage, welcome to a counter, we have just as many.

#30 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

Its only 120 as frost, 140 as full arcane
Pets need spell pen old issue

p.s. nether prot is teh gay

w/e it is its fkn gay since pets have no pen and mages decurse coe so no locks land yeah man HEEPS :cool:

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

I always thought mage armor was a little over the top, but not too overpowered
thats just me though

#32 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:38 PM

i just find it kind of crazy that some mages feel its balanced that they should be essentially be exempt from any sort of magical crowd control or DOT effects

#33 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

I always thought mage armor was a little over the top, but not too overpowered
thats just me though

If felhunter resistances to warlocks via master demonologist was op they shouldnt have taken it away from us and given it to mages. Instead it should be something like 10% less magical damage taken and 20 or 30% reduction of magical effects.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

hehe

#35 Synexus

Synexus

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

i would gladly trade mage armor for nether prot/offsensive or defensive dispels and felarmor

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

thats absurd

#37 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

Apples to oranges. Nether prot will get nerfed because its pretty overpowered, if you want to discuss that feel free to make a topic in the lock forums. Lets not compare locks to mages because they arent the same class.

Why is it that people are so caught up in the class someone plays? Its almost as if every topic on this forum devolves into "oh you play x class, your opinion is invalid."

#38 zEck

zEck
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

Always hated the resistance part via talents, it was bullshit back in TBC on sl/sl warlocks and it is bullshit on mages now. The other part of it should probably be nerfed to 33%, it's neat that you have a choice to either be untouchable by melee or reduce the CC duration.

Remove resistances and nerf it to 33% imo
Posted Image

:rogue: :mage:

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

lol

#40 sX

sX
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

I dont care that im not a viable target to cc BY MAGIC, its the ability you have to deal with and change your tactics, i am sorry that it makes your games harder or counter your setup because you cant do a perma lock on me (remember previous seasons: spellock -> fear -> blackout -> fear -> spellock -> blackout -> silence -> spellock or just put a pet on him and forget). Feral druid is immune to polymorph, now thats imba shit!

As for resistance part, we have to get penetration to kill paladins/mages and i havent seen a whine about it, you can do it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<