Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

Silence lasts 2.5 sec instead of 5.
Psychic Horror lasts 1.5 sec instead of 3.
Psychic Scream lasts 4 secs instead of 8.
Fear lasts 5 secs instead of 10.
Counterspell lasts 2 secs instead of 4.
Spell lock lasts 1.5 secs instead of 3.
Polymorph lasts 5 secs instead of 10.
DoTs last 50% less.
Debuffs last 50% less.
Everything lasts 50% less.

And on top of it, you resist at a horribly insane rate. If you can honestly claim it isn't overpowered and that its needed for the mages to be viable, you're out of your fucking mind.

Whoever was behind the design of this spell in WoTLK is a retard, honestly.

In before "LOL BUT WE NEED IT TO COMPETE". No you don't, you never needed it.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

you can gem spell pen for the resists

#3 Abek

Abek
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

I'm in favor of it being changed tbh. mage duels have never been so retarded since mage armor was revamped.
:mage:

#4 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

indeed it needs to fuck off,even if it means more frost armor for me :(
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#5 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

We've lost matches because CC on mage lasts 50% less. Mage didn't even bother counterspelling my lock when casting a fear for example, he just continued to dish out frostbolts.

-50% CC duration is WRONG. DoT portion is debatable, so are spell resists ( spell pen comes into play here so its perfectly avoidable ) - but -50% on something as vital as CC is retarded. Give it to all classes then if its not overpowered, I'd like to see Mages winning with only 5 sec polymorphs, half duration novas/deep freezes/frostbolt snares and 2 sec counterspells ;)

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#6 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

so a mage never being a viable target for spriest ua lock is balanced?

how would you like it if priests got an effect that reduced direct damage spell damage done to them by 50%?

exactly, you wouldn't its retarded and definately needs to go

#7 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 770

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Yes, Mages NEED mage armor vs. warlocks in arena. The effect on other classes (lolspriests) is regrettable, but Mages would be complete shit without it.

Mages are one of the few classes that actually require setup in order to effectively do damage in WOTLK, so they suffer the most from things like Warlock fear and other cc which (before mage armor) could effectively stop casts almost indefinitely.

The stupidest thing is actually the resists. I actually argued for the removal of magic absorption when it first came out in 3.0. =/

The effect of Mage Armor is to allow a Mage to actually cast and set up damage in arena. Thus it would be overpowered if you were to see Mages put out DK-like damage numbers in arena. Otherwise, it is only overpowered in very limited situations and without it Mages would be underpowered.

#8 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Yes, Mages NEED mage armor vs. warlocks in arena. The effect on other classes (lolspriests) is regrettable, but Mages would be complete shit without it.

Mages are one of the few classes that actually require setup in order to effectively do damage in WOTLK, so they suffer the most from things like Warlock fear and other cc which can effectively stop casts.

Yeah lmfao, as if you've got problems with warlocks if you're playing as RM/P. It'd be like saying that rogues needed pve gear to kill warlocks in s4.

#9 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Mages are one of the few classes that actually require setup in order to effectively do damage in WOTLK, so they suffer the most from things like Warlock fear and other cc which can effectively stop casts.

what the hell do you think shadowpriests do? run around spamming shadow word death every 12 seconds? no, we spend 6 seconds casting our dots before we even put out any pressure. setup my ass

mages damage is way more front loaded than UA locks or shadowprietss

jesus

#10 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

As I said I don't care about dot part and resist part, hardimplement it as a passive talent for all I care - but the CC duration part has to go. It wouldn't be hard just to change it to "Reduces Damage over Time effects duration by 50%" and let other classes have full CC durations on mages. That way you'd stay viable against warlocks while allowing for a greater game balance.

#11 Thricton

Thricton
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 1/2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 384
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationON, Canada

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

50% off of magic debuffs is overpowered. They should have made it like 20% or something because 50% is definitely game breaking.

#12 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

50% off of magic debuffs is overpowered. They should have made it like 20% or something because 50% is definitely game breaking.

Exactly.

#13 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

what the hell do you think shadowpriests do? run around spamming shadow word death every 12 seconds? no, we spend 6 seconds casting our dots before we even put out any pressure. setup my ass

mages damage is way more front loaded than UA locks or shadowprietss

jesus

lolol, if you read my post you'd see that I was stating because Mages are one of the few classes that require setup to deal damage implied through actual casting, they are affected the most by fear and other cc's.

Spriest mechanics are nowhere near similar in this regard.

#14 Tuskatappaja

Tuskatappaja
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

The 50% duration is a fucking ridiculous pisstake if you ask me.

#15 Revelstoke

Revelstoke

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

lolol, if you read my post you'd see that I was stating because Mages are one of the few classes that require setup to deal damage implied through actual casting, they are affected the most by fear and other cc's.

Spriest mechanics are nowhere near similar in this regard.

mind flay, VT, mind blast?

theyre very similar, without any of the above you're putting out no pressure whatsoever, same with a shatter setup

#16 Thebane

Thebane
  • Junkies

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

your complaining about it in as double caster ...(think gc mentioned it was balanced around 3s since you have to trade being able to kite melee for it)
Itd be sorta balanced in 3's against melee/caster/healer but against cleave its worthless and against 2x caster its too good. Making it 20-33% would make it more fair imo.

#17 Vilerose

Vilerose
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

mind flay, VT, mind blast?

theyre very similar, without any of the above you're putting out no pressure whatsoever, same with a shatter setup

Ya, somehow I don't think you know what it's like to use your pet nova then .1sec later get hit by TNT and go "WHELP THERE GOES MY SHATTER, ITS UP AGAIN IN 20 SECONDS." Same thing with scatter or any other thing that can halt LONG casts (mind blast and vt are NOT long casts and mind flay is channeled). And believe me, that happens all the time.

#18 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

your complaining about it in as double caster ...(think gc mentioned it was balanced around 3s since you have to trade being able to kite melee for it)
Itd be sorta balanced in 3's against melee/caster/healer but against cleave its worthless and against 2x caster its too good. Making it 20-33% would make it more fair imo.

I'm not complaining because of it thanks to my 2s setup, we always kill mage partners, therefore I'm not biased. But after playing one night on few other magical CC classes and losing only thanks to the duration effect, I've come to realize it was retarded.

#19 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

So wait, you beat it all the time? And you lose a few times... and its over powered? lol wut

I think you need to learn to read. I said "we always kill mages partners", in a implication "we always go for them", not that we always do manage to get a kill off on them.

Stop trying :)

#20 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

I can't believe people are defending mage armor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<