Arena Rankings Revamp

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:57 AM

The arena rankings page has been revamped so that the teams should no longer be missing any members. What you see should exactly match the armory. In addition, it will be kept up to date within the last two hours. We will be doing constant checks to see if the ladder has changed and update our data appropriately.

For those who have not seen it yet, please check it out and let us know what we can do to make it better. http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/

Also, the prevalence of 0/0/0 talent specs is due to a combination of the "character inactive" bug on the armory and the fact that we just reset the database. Character specs are doing a full update as we speak.

EDIT: In addition, the number is no longer the rank currently shown on the page but instead the overall ranking. We figured that this would be more valuable information on class and makeup strengths.

#2 Cantis

Cantis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:28 AM

1st
EDIT:wow never realized how useful this was

#3 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:06 AM

Ok seriously, now no teams should be missing members. Fixed a silly bug :P

#4 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:46 AM

In addition, the number is no longer the rank currently shown on the page but instead the overall ranking. We figured that this would be more valuable information on class and makeup strengths.

#5 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

Is it only for me that it's insanely slow to load lately? Seems kinda strange, am just trying to switch bracket.

#6 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

Alysana said:

Is it only for me that it's insanely slow to load lately? Seems kinda strange, am just trying to switch bracket.

Hmmm...Still pretty quick from our end. Let us know this continues to be a problem.

Edit:When switching brackets I got 2.3sec - 3.9sec load times.

#7 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

There is a lot of data that it is parsing through and we try to put it all on the page for you so that when you are toggling through teams, it is instant instead of having to make additional requests. I'll try and see what I can do about optimizing the queries that pull the data now that the set is much larger.

#8 Legendz

Legendz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

is there a possibility you will add spec in the search thingy, lets say I only wanna see ret pally + X in 2s ( or is that already implemented n im blind >.>)

#9 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

We will. We are going to be reworking the rankings page a bit, but we are currently finishing some other features at the moment.

#10 Clustercluck

Clustercluck
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:14 AM

page doesn't work for me at all.

#11 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies