• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2191
  • 3v3: 2603
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

RET PALADINS BRING THE PAIn
i'm glad judgement damage seems quite a bit lower on blood/martyr but holy fuck they still hit hard in general rofl
exorcism didn't help this at alll

#42 N3M0WEN

N3M0WEN
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

so what seal/glyphs is everyone using

Gonna run Seal of Command, because our burst did get nerfed a little and we'll have to compensate for that with the 100% crit chance when a target is stunned to get some actual burst going. Judgement of Command also hurts more than Judgement of Martyr now. But all in all it really does look like we'll be face rolling in arenas, but we'll just have to wait and see. Our turn for deadly mount? (then blizz comes out with the gayest mount xD i.e Flying Hammer)

#43 tysopz

tysopz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

Ret is fine, only the most skilled rets can do good in arenas.

ohwait

#44 N3M0WEN

N3M0WEN
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

Ret is fine, only the most skilled rets can do good in arenas.

ohwait

LOL don't even. Theres a ton of ret pallies that didn't do well at all (although i'm not saying it's hard :D). It definitely wasn't as faceroll as people made it seem.

But maybe this time.... it will be!

#45 dif66

dif66
  • Priestholy
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Sheat of light is what makes it op imo.
Priest/Rogue-X<-- Streaming

"I rarely use battlemaster because I always hit it at the wrong time or never use it."
Deadly Gladiator Namakaokahai.

#46 Cypher

Cypher
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

I'm so happy :)

#47 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

ret has no depth lol

you still prioritize cleanse over most stuff, you just kill out dps moves when necessary

damn so tuff
:3

#48 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:44 PM

ret has no depth lol

you still prioritize cleanse over most stuff, you just kill out dps moves when necessary

damn so tuff

y so hostile bro?

#49 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

RET PALADINS BRING THE PAIn
i'm glad judgement damage seems quite a bit lower on blood/martyr but holy fuck they still hit hard in general rofl
exorcism didn't help this at alll

it feels more like s3-s4 where you got most of your burst from a shaman's totem, honestly.

#50 Felic

Felic
  • Felic
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

I think the main problem about Ret is our spellpower scaling and the instant Flash of Lights critting for 3K+ then adding a 1000 HoT. Instead of having a spellpower bonus we should rather scale more from attackpower and have our spec focus on being a melee class rather than a hybrid with the capabilities of lashing out good damage but also offhealing with no problems. They removed the 8K crits and gave us more sustained damage, and that is how it should be meaning no more "lolcritdead".

Most classes can do insane nukes (if not even better than Ret used to) in a silence or strangulate, but it is alot more predictable and once you survived it you have alot of free room to reset the fight with. Ret should be like it is now, but the fact is still that we are supposed to spec into a melee class-like spec and therefor Excorcism could have been replaced with something like a melee based interrupt (meaning there is an idea to kite us).

Ret paladins can be pretty quickly locked down by just focusing them and with the new change (that they wont get mana from being healed) I think it leaves a fairly good reason to why you should try locking them down, and they will go defensive and dispel. Id gladly trade some DMG like Exorcism we did not really need to some kind of "reduces dmg taken or an interrupt" (like the Salvation glyph or the old exorcism with 2sec silence on undeads) or some kind of magic protection, (I dont want to get into the discussion about bubble.. Put it in the holy tree for all i care). ALL our CC can basicly also be dispelled and we cant kill people before they are oom. People casts freely and all they fear is our damage. Why not tone down our damage a bit, or give up a spell or so to give us something to work that means you have to play ur spells well, like having to keep "xx energy" for a kick or use ur GCD well to keep it rdy for an interrupt. Right now we pretty much just faceroll our damage out (the skills of a paladin right now comes into showing some good CC and dispels/blessings).

What I really would like to be would be a melee class showing some defensive skills (we do have SS and plate, but thats 1 dispel and a warlock) and being able to be dangerous in the way of not bursting anyone down but being able to lock someone down if you play ur cards right (and meaning if ur opponent is good, he wont let you lock him down that easily since he can fakecast etc). Still, with blessings and dispels meaning we can be a supportive melee class, but also able to teamup with a caster and having us try to ensure that the kill is comming from us being on a person, not just because we do lolcrits and letting our partner do all the CC. I dont need to be able to heal and to do judgement of light.. A bit like hunters you could say but with the supporting aspect being our buffs and dispels along with some kind of melee based CC. I dunno, my thought.

:o i didnt c wat u did thar, could you explain for us dumb ppl?

#51 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

Ret dmg may be high, but its completely free of RNG now
a seal that procs every swing
abilities that never top 3k crits

Ret dmg is now amongst the most predictable ingame and any healer should have an easy time healing thru it

#52 Iltareh

Iltareh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:27 PM

Ret dmg may be high, but its completely free of RNG now
a seal that procs every swing
abilities that never top 3k crits

Ret dmg is now amongst the most predictable ingame and any healer should have an easy time healing thru it

You're telling me it wasn't easy to heal through the 7k bursts on a 7sec cooldown?

#53 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

ret damage isn't easy to heal through in a realistic arena situation

if you think otherwise, you're wrong
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#54 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:14 AM

oh comon, pretty much every other class has more burst potential than ret now.
pit a healer vs a ret and the ret wont kill the healer before he is oom.
you cant say this about rogues / warriors

if you cant heal ret dmg you are a bad healer

#55 Drizze

Drizze

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:18 AM

rofl

#56 Anarkiftw

Anarkiftw
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

You are so wrong. Ret damage is rng and by that i mean if you crit 3-5 attacks in a row in a stun they are dead for sure. Ret was doable in arena's in s5 only underpowered because of DK supremacy. Since DK's arent so good as before Ret should be better and then i cant see the neccesarity to buff Ret damage in PvP. I know all buffs were for PvE but it should be downscaled in PvP.

And for healers, they are only 1 side of the arena. Normally as ret you go for their partner and take healer down after.
Posted Image

#57 manifest

manifest
  • Rinnwerkx
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

the amount of retardation in this post in mind boggling

#58 Grisham

Grisham
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Kael'thas
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:51 AM

Ret dominates BGs - but that was always the case: I did the 20kill blows/no dead without a pocket healer months ago - simply being cautious.

And btw - I still see terribads doing crap dmg and no heal at all - a bad player remains a bad one, period.

Ret damage won't be nerfed as it must remain competitive PvE-wise: we have only ONE dps tree so there's no real possibility to force players to give up damage for PvP-utility.

Of course they should implement some ways to build up damage (example: bring back the idea of CS stacking a debuff granting bonus holy damage)

One thing I'll admit OP as hell: scaling on JoL is insane: in PvE seen 1000 ticks on ALL RAID. But in PvP it's either that or JoJ to prevent kitting.

In general ret is powerfull as hell - but honestly nothing compared to retarded stuff like 3.0 DK/hunt or the cute new warlock. Relax we will be there 2k+ but not facerolling

#59 Matuu

Matuu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 767

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:11 AM

One thing I'll admit OP as hell: scaling on JoL is insane: in PvE seen 1000 ticks on ALL RAID. But in PvP it's either that or JoJ to prevent kitting.

Amen, topped all healing meters on ignius (this is a very healing heavy fight).

I think retri paladin will be viable in any bracket, very much hoping to see warr, ret, shaman back again.

#60 Zinq

Zinq
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

ret damage isn't easy to heal through in a realistic arena situation

if you think otherwise, you're wrong

No you're actually just completely wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<