• US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 1914
  • RBG: 2064
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:57 AM

I'm sure everyone is aware of a problem where you have a key bound to one ability in stealth and another out of stealth. Sometimes when I vanish and try to sap (normally 3 for me in stealth) I instead mutilate (3 for me out of stealth). I am very comfortable with my keybinds so I don't really want to rework too much, I have tried a few macros but none have eliminated this problem. I also am now using bartender which seems to have cut down on the rate at which it occurs but every once in a while it happens. I have searched quite a bit trying to find a definitive answer on this with no luck so far. Any help is much appreciated.

#2 pangeea

pangeea
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:04 AM

/cast [nostealth] mutilate
/cast [stealth] sap

Make that your Mutilate button, or does Vanish stealth lag too? =/

#3 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

the entire bar lags, sometimes I try to vanish cheapshot and I can't do it right away because the bar itself lags between unstealth/stealth. Everything on my stealth action bar.

#4 Shadowfriend

Shadowfriend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

I use this macro

/cast [nostealth] Stealth
/stopcasting
/cast Premeditation (line doesn't do anything as Prep/Mut obviously, but it doesn't hurt to have it there in case you ever go Sub)
/stopcasting
/cast Cheap Shot

and have it bound outside of my default action bar (i.e. not on the one that swaps to the stealth bar)

I know what you're talking about, but to me it just feels like Stealth and Vanish sucking dong than the bar itself lagging

Official Blizzard Quote:

shadowfriend i bet ur shadow is the only friend u knows o i hope the sun comes to tomorrow and do u dred nights 4 there is shadow o bet u get lonely at 10pm BOO

#5 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

I have this problem with pretty much all the abilities on my stealth bar, is there not a bar addon that eliminates the lag all together?

#6 Dirtyman

Dirtyman
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

I just bind the stealthed abilities out of stealth for instance my vanish is middle mouse buttona and garrote is Shift Q. Even though I am sure most of you have problems with finding more bindings but you could make a macro if you kick is at shift Q you can put garrote while stealthed otherwise kick, and the same with cheapshot on some other ability, even though I haven't tried that out yet it might work.
So funny to see backpeddeling hunters do 2.4k.
:deathknight::paladin: Trinketing sap and still winning. S5 for the win!:rolleyes:
Posted Image
Brus, Boller og mus.. Men ingenting er så sjef som en General Snus <3

#7 Dow

Dow
  • Members
  • LocationFL

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

Dirtyman said:

I just bind the stealthed abilities out of stealth

Thats what I do.

#8 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

The problem lies with not being able to use the same hotkey when it's bound out of stealth. I really don't have many comfortable binds left and am very much used to my current setup and being able to have 1 key serve 2 functions keeps things comfortably within reach for the fastest possible reaction speed. Lacking a real gaming mouse with sidebuttons also makes adding 5 more binds difficult.

Here's my setup for stuff bound in stealth/out on my main bar.

1-cs/stealth spam macro
2-garrote/SND
3-sap macro/mutilate+autoattack if not enough energy to mut macro
4-distract/evisc
5-spellbook sap/feint

Advice on binding that stuff out of stealth while maintaining my binds?

#9 Dow

Dow
  • Members
  • LocationFL

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

i just created new binds

In steath I have 1-sap 2-cs 3-garrote 4-evis 5-i dont rmbr
Out of stealth I have 1-gouge 2-mut 3-shiv 4-evis 5-rupture
On the other actions bars I have ctrl+2-cs and shift+t-garrote
basically my vanish is ctrl+t so i spam 2 while hitting vanish, thus i am spamming ctrl+2 and ctrl+t at the same time while still holding W and my other sap is shift+2.

I have 9 fingers per hand.

#10 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

I just find it hard to believe there isn't one set of action bars that simply doesnt lag.

#11 VonLego

VonLego
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

if you notice, the animation for the bar swap is the new bar sliding up from the bottom.  Until the new bar is up, the first bar will still be active.  

I agree, I would think there would be some addon which removes this animation, much in the same way there are addons to remove the gryphon art.

#12 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:50 AM

yea anyone got something like that?

#13 Aldebern

Aldebern
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:27 AM

I don't think its possible for an addon to elimante the lag of the bar switch especially if you're hitting your keys really fast (<.25s).  I could be wrong however.  Safest thing to do is to just bind the stealth only keys on a normal bar, I switched over about a month ago and the difference is great ( I used to have the same problem).

#14 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

Oh well guess im gonna learn 5 new binds. Thanks for the info peeps.

#15 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

didnt notice the lag actually.
I mean not more then my "normal" lag which is around 0.25-0.5s — meaning that i need to pre-kidney shot 0.5 seconds before CS is over to make sure it lands.

Same goes for stealth > CS. I have both binded on one button but different bars. So i spam "4" to go stealth and keep spamming it to CS. There is some delay between it happens but not more then usual i guess.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#16 BlytZ

BlytZ
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

I'm pretty sure it is possible. If you watch hoodrych's first video, his bar has no gryphons and he does some retarded intervene intercepts with no lag time whatsoever. I also remember a friend telling me sodah uses it for his forms. GO SPAM PM HIM AND FIGURE IT OUT.
/equipset TAKEOFFSHADOWMOURNEIFINTROUBLE

#17 VonLego

VonLego
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

BlytZ said:

I'm pretty sure it is possible. If you watch hoodrych's first video, his bar has no gryphons and he does some retarded intervene intercepts with no lag time whatsoever. I also remember a friend telling me sodah uses it for his forms. GO SPAM PM HIM AND FIGURE IT OUT.

Where do these guys play?  Anyone know what server? lvl 1 alt time.

#18 Kedla

Kedla
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

I have the answer for you since many ppl doesnt understand your problem and advices you with some stupid macros.I have same keybind for steath and cheapshot and when i use default blizzard action bars it will out stealth me before i use cheap shot.So u just have to use barthender addon and bar1 will instantly swap with stealth bar and problem is solved.Dont bother with stupid macros that ppl give you trying to help...

#19 VonLego

VonLego
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

Thanks kedla!  Appreciate it.  How fast is bartenders to set up?  Would I need to rebind everything?

Probably going at it anyways, but i'd like to know what I'm getting into before I sit down to fiddle with it.

#20 Aldebern

Aldebern
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:35 PM

VonLego said:

Thanks kedla!  Appreciate it.  How fast is bartenders to set up?  Would I need to rebind everything?

Probably going at it anyways, but i'd like to know what I'm getting into before I sit down to fiddle with it.

It's fairly simple to use and shouldnt take you more than 10 minutes.  However if you want to change it to look more aestheticly pleasing it might take you a bit longer.  Keybinding is extremely EZmode with it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<