Photo

Enh shaman.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Arashikage

Arashikage

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:21 AM

Is there any 5v5 enh shaman here?

I`m elemental myself, but for a long long time I`ve been thinking about respec into enh. My mana inefficiency and all that casting times and global cooldowns realy annoys me. What if I could purge, interrupt spells, stomp totems AND dps at the same time.

My team is 2345 setup (mage-pala-priest-war-shaman) but I can swich to turtle (2warriors-2palas-shaman) setup any time. Or even take some other classes.
those, who hunt elves.

#2 Baconn

Baconn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution 0/2/0/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1583
  • 3v3: 2007

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

Enhancement can be some very painful constant damage, and the hurt on clothies, but elemental has a lot of burst potential, can be fired from the safety of relative safety of range, and has easier ability to offheal.

enhancement can work very well for 3v3 from my experience, but they're very squishy in 5v5s and in 3v3s for my team, you have to have a very quick and powerful healer/s to pull it off, and you have to stick to casters like glue if you plan to play enhancement.
Posted Image

#3 Medz

Medz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/2/2/2/.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

Ive only ever seen 1 enhancement shaman in competitive 5v5. He was paired with 2 MS wars and acted mostly as a buff bot with windfury and used earthbind totem to snare the other team. He was really good at killing me, but besides that, dropped like a fly.

#4 Eve

Eve
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

http://armory.worldo...ct=Kong Fu&fl=1
This team runs with an enhancement shaman and he HURTS. Badly. IIRC, if we didn't kill him first it was pretty much gg.

#5 Medz

Medz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/2/2/2/.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/team-info.xml?r=Kel'Thuzad&ts=5&t=Kong+Fu&select=Kong+Fu&fl=1
This team runs with an enhancement shaman and he HURTS. Badly. IIRC, if we didn't kill him first it was pretty much gg.

The funny thing about this guy, is that as you go from 5s to 3s to 2s his rating slowly drops to 1500 which truly shows that enhancement shamans fail as a 1v1 spec and can only shine in groups.

#6 Plaga

Plaga
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:03 AM

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/team-info.xml?r=Kel'Thuzad&ts=5&t=Kong+Fu&select=Kong+Fu&fl=1

The funny thing about this guy, is that as you go from 5s to 3s to 2s his rating slowly drops to 1500 which truly shows that enhancement shamans fail as a 1v1 spec and can only shine in groups.

Sadly this is for the most part true, I am enhance and in 2's if I want to win I usually have to play off a mistake or error made by the other team. My 5's is my lowest team but then again it is a group of offspec guildies and alts in level 60 gear. I would highly reccomend you don't go enhance till you have the gear for it of course, its a very gear dependant spec when in comparison to ele and resto.
I have two weapons and 2>1 obviously.

#7 icenine

icenine
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

Alright I think I have some insight into this subject:

While I agree that enhancement is a weak dueling class there are still a few classes you can beat in a duel, and luckily those classes are arena favorites: MS warriors and Affliction Warlocks, Priests of any spec.

2v2
Of course a warrior with heals backing him is pretty much impossible to kill, So what do you do to round out your team? Find a team mate that excels at shutting down healers, so a warlock or a mage, and right there you have the basis for a very strong team. I've always thought a rogue would do alright too, but I've yet to pair with one that understood his singular goal is to shut down healers, though I've certainly ran across rogues that did this to me on my paladin.

So the basis of this team means we auto win against anything with a warrior, lock +healer combo which are both very popular 2v2 teams. We also auto win against spriest + lock, just because enhancement is so strong against those two. So even if we never win against anything else you could still climb the ladder off these strengths, though we seem to do alright against other combos as well it can go either way. Rogue + anything is difficult for us because a single rogue can shut down either one of us, though we can still win sometimes if we get lucky.

3v3
This is personally my strongest team, and we play with one of 2 setups
#1 enh sham, aff lock, ele sham
#2 enh sham, aff lock, Spriest

You can look at the setup and see right away that both have a lot of synergy together. Most of you already know that Spriest/lock works well together due to shadowweaving misery, imp shadowbolt and CoS. But enhancement and elemental share a similar synergy as well, one that I've seen very few teams take advantage of. Again though this wouldn't work in 2v2 due to lack of CC need to shut down healers but it works splendidly in 3v3.

5v5
This is where enhancement is the weakest, the opposing team will almost always have a mage and or a hunter, which means frost traps and frost nova everywhere. This very crippling to someone who has no intercept, sprint, or a non DR snare. There's just a lot more CC flying around in general in 5v5, we've been working on different combos to work around this but haven't found anything excellent yet, for now we just keep the team alive to feed points to some of our people who are on no other team.

#8 icenine

icenine
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

Ive only ever seen 1 enhancement shaman in competitive 5v5. He was paired with 2 MS wars and acted mostly as a buff bot with windfury and used earthbind totem to snare the other team. He was really good at killing me, but besides that, dropped like a fly.

I tried this combo and it worked ok pre WF nerf. Post WF nerf however, our team dropped hard, much like if you'll notice the sham/warrior, and pally/sham/warrior teams are now dropping hard in the ladder since the WF nerf.

#9 Specineff

Specineff
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:32 AM

I'd really like to spec enhancement come season 3 - if only we had some way to mitigate snares more effectively :(
TEAM NASTY

#10 Trikk

Trikk
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:05 AM

I don't find snares and roots to be that much of a problem really, I still have lots of options while immobilized.

Purge
Totems
Other instants
Heals
Bandage

Although the dps is almost completely mitigated unless someone happens to get near, it's not as bad as for pure melee classes.
Posted Image

#11 Plaga

Plaga
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:04 AM

I don't find snares and roots to be that much of a problem really, I still have lots of options while immobilized.

Purge
Totems
Other instants
Heals
Bandage

Although the dps is almost completely mitigated unless someone happens to get near, it's not as bad as for pure melee classes.

After reading that kinda knew you would have a low 2v2...

#12 Trikk

Trikk
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:51 AM

Purge
Totems
Other instants
Heals
Bandage

After reading that kinda knew you would have a low 2v2...

I get paid to play 2v2 so whatever dude, it beats going out farming NPCs or trading/AH. Not sure which 2v2 I'm in on Armory atm but look at the other people in the team and it might give a clue as to why my team is low.
Posted Image

#13 falo4uduh

falo4uduh
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackwing Lair
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:56 AM

Hey guys, figured I'd post. I currently arena and pve as enhance. Quite successful but we do have our drawbacks.

http://www.wowarmory...lect=Ungankable

is our 5v5.

we run ms war/frost mage/pally/resto sham/enh sham(me)

In pvp gear I'm at 11.4k hp with 416 resilience although I still do drop fast. Although in one of our 5v5s we played a 2 warrior rogue team, and they focused me one game but switching to my shield while focused the healers were able to keep me up and we did end up winning.

But as far as 3v3 and 2v2 goes. Yes it is much more I'll say "harder" for us to "shine" like we do in 5s, if that. However we recently sold the team but me and the ms warrior of our 5v5 made a 2v2 and actually got to 2017 and were able to stay around there for a few weeks. It relied on us being able to burst something down incredibly fast and bloodlust + wf totem + mortal strike made 1 healer 1dps teams incredibly easy. The only teams we had a good deal of trouble with was disc priest/rogues as they'd get the jump + evasion = we can't do much =X

Reading these it doesn't seem like there's many enhance shamans here but I'd be glad to be as helpful as I can! Thanks and hope to stick around.
Count OLAF
Posted Image

#14 Nastynate

Nastynate
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:27 AM

Has anyone else tried a priest(holy)/MSwar/enh shaman combo? My team has been doing well since we have been together and right now we are at 2193 rating in the Shadowburn BG.

I'm just curious, any other enhancement shamans try this 3v3 make-up?

#15 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:46 AM

I think Ench shaman + warrior *could* work on 2s till about 2200. You can beat a lot of teams with that combo TBH. As long as the shaman knows when to turn on and off the heal/dps switch.

#16 Nastynate

Nastynate
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:57 AM

I think Ench shaman + warrior *could* work on 2s till about 2200. You can beat a lot of teams with that combo TBH. As long as the shaman knows when to turn on and off the heal/dps switch.

An enhancement shaman turning on the heal switch is just plain retarded. We have about 5-6.5k max mana and our heals do crap. But thats just my opinion.

#17 Plaga

Plaga
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

All it takes is 1 CC or snare and your fucked : /

#18 Ghettob

Ghettob
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Draka
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:25 AM

so what would be better for enh shamies in arena...1 strong 2h'r or 2 1h'ed weapons, reason i ask, my shaman is mostly pve atm but i want to try and get him to a decent arena rating, i have axe of the gronn lords atm, my white crits hit for 15-1700 and with winfury proc i can land about 5k combined damage, only problem is if i dont proc, i can see 2 1 handers being better cause its constant dps, and procs but u guys obv have more exp so id thught id ask yous

#19 Plaga

Plaga
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

so what would be better for enh shamies in arena...1 strong 2h'r or 2 1h'ed weapons, reason i ask, my shaman is mostly pve atm but i want to try and get him to a decent arena rating, i have axe of the gronn lords atm, my white crits hit for 15-1700 and with winfury proc i can land about 5k combined damage, only problem is if i dont proc, i can see 2 1 handers being better cause its constant dps, and procs but u guys obv have more exp so id thught id ask yous

It's a situational answer, if someone is being stupid and standing still as you wail on them dual wield will be > 2hand. However, if someone is kiting/CCing you constantly like a rogue's stunlocking then I'd say switch to a 2h and hope wf procs inbetween his kidney shots/gouges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<