#1 mayainverse

mayainverse
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:10 PM

I honestly DO not understand how ret IS op.

common arguments against ret:

1: Lucky crits kills people.

sorry but every single dps class in the game has the same opportunities to get "lucky crits" and get the same devastating outcome.

2: bubble.

please this ability has such a horribly long cooldown and is so easily countered by now 2 classes come 3.1. Not only IS it countered easy but the damage while in a bubble is non-existent also spending 75% of your mana to get healed to full gives your opponent time to simply run behind a pillar and do the same(bandage/eat). I would gladly trade bubble for a number of other defensive abilities.

3: because we can heal.

give me a god dam break do you have any idea how much damage i take from recoil alone. even just sitting on a target dummy in org on the ptr i had to keep up judgement of light and use most of my art of war procs just to stay even. Its also not like DK's and Warlocks have their own massive self heals. warriors have self heals also not as powerfull, but they also don't have to use a mass amount of their resources all while reducing their dps to zero and making themselves very vulnerable to being locked out.

4: its impossible to kite a ret paladin.

give me a break. if feral druids had it hard without a snare while having a constant 30% speed increase as well as having 2 charges and a root, then its far worse for a ret we have a weak ass 15% run speed and no gap closers. DO you have any idea how many times i can sit on top of a holy paladin without a soul to bother me and yet he can still get out of my melee range by simply running away. just a small amount of lag can make it completely impossible to stand on your target. even with the small time frame of freedom its still very possible to mitigate most of my damage anyways if I am unable to get inside melee range.

#2 Hewters

Hewters
  • Junkies

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

I honestly DO understand how ret IS op.

#3 Heartnet

Heartnet
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2175
  • 3v3: 2606
  • 5v5: 2210
  • RBG: 1648

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

your lucky crits happen more than noncrits

#4 amerge

amerge
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:38 PM

on my druid i've died in HoJs pretty regularly when the wings were popped =/ you guys also like 1 shot lock pets.

#5 mayainverse

mayainverse
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

your lucky crits happen more than noncrits

15% crit chance after resil is far higher then 85% chance to not crit. i totally agree with your statement.

#6 mayainverse

mayainverse
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

forgot that a 6k crit on a 8 second cooldown. my spine is shivering from the pure power judgements offer.

#7 Keldron

Keldron
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

ret is rediculus it liek 1 shots resto druids
you kiel warloc pets by lokn at dem
you have hgue representation in 2v2 and 3v3.
nothing can beat you
you cnt b kited
yr Cc is sfking stupidly OP

srsly nerf ret paladin

#8 Ackra

Ackra
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kilrogg
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

i dont feel OP when i compair myself to dks or hunters
once judgement burst drops next patch hopefully we will hear less people whining about rets :)

#9 Tahaa

Tahaa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eitrigg
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Don't compare yourselves to op classes. Sure, DKs are way worse, but it's not like rets are any balanced.

forgot that a 6k crit on a 8 second cooldown

You realise this is more than half a shatter damage on a 8s cooldown. If anything should be what burst is built around, it's shatter combos. They require casting and setup, and as such can be stopped. They also are dependent on other cooldowns (nova/pet nova/DF). Yours doesn't meet such requirements. Rogues can train you and stop you but that's not like it's the case for everybody.

Rather have you deal normal damage with some additional utility than what you put out atm.

#10 Ackra

Ackra
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kilrogg
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

Rather have you deal normal damage with some additional utility than what you put out atm.

Agreed! i think thats what all rets want :)

#11 Zatolol

Zatolol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tyrande
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

"They are going to swith to the pe....jk one gcd"

#12 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

People like you are 2400 rated.

There.
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#13 Iddqd

Iddqd
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Too based around doing really stupid damage really fast.
There's nothing steady about ret damage, it just all comes in the form of HUGE hitting instant abilities on short cooldowns.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Undermine
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1584
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Ret Paladins have a Mana Bar yet never go oom unless you're spamming heals. The same problem exists for Ferals/Hunters/Ele Shamans.

Why should Shadow Priests/Mages/Moonkins all go oom in a matter of about a minute of solid DPSing whereas Ret Paladins can DPS almost infinitely, especially if they're being focused, wait nvm, SotM+ 1 hot ensures ret paladins NEVER go oom.

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

#15 Haiku

Haiku
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

I also kill felhunters in 2-3 seconds on my rogue, does that make me opz too =-(.

Rets are retarded, but holy pallys are 2x as bad, and so are dk/hunters, besides judgement dmg being less OLOLOL6k in the patch will make them a little more balanced..

Would definately like to see blizzard create something about the paladin class other than general arena ability that requires skill =0
da king

#16 shockadyn

shockadyn

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

on my druid i've died in HoJs pretty regularly when the wings were popped =/ you guys also like 1 shot lock pets.

Umm yea L2 bearform... unless ur resto u shouldnt be able to be crit'd down that fast....

ret is rediculus it liek 1 shots resto druids
you kiel warloc pets by lokn at dem
you have hgue representation in 2v2 and 3v3.
nothing can beat you
you cnt b kited
yr Cc is sfking stupidly OP

srsly nerf ret paladin.

U seriuos..... huge representation in 2's.... u might want to re check ur statement and check the spec of those pally u refering to in 2's guess wat spec they are..... urs.... not ret
and our CC are insane... HoJ our stun has to be wasted as a CC.... have u seen hunters CC or that matter mage CC or even lock CC lock can CC a 2v2 by himself the DPS and the healer..... and not kiteable why cuz we can maintian a 8 sec Judgment on any target... wow 6k dmg over 8 sec plz 2 lock dot put out just as much dps and u cant run away form them either....

#17 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

Ret burst damage is insane + they provide amazing utility.

(yes I've played a ret)

Edit: Thumbs down? wtf

#18 Iddqd

Iddqd
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

U seriuos..... huge representation in 2's.... u might want to re check ur statement and check the spec of those pally u refering to in 2's guess wat spec they are..... urs.... not ret
and our CC are insane... HoJ our stun has to be wasted as a CC.... have u seen hunters CC or that matter mage CC or even lock CC lock can CC a 2v2 by himself the DPS and the healer..... and not kiteable why cuz we can maintian a 8 sec Judgment on any target... wow 6k dmg over 8 sec plz 2 lock dot put out just as much dps and u cant run away form them either....

Blatant troll.

#19 shockadyn

shockadyn

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Blatant troll.

#20 baghdaddy2

baghdaddy2
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

I honestly DO not understand how ret IS op.

common arguments against ret:

1: Lucky crits kills people.

sorry but every single dps class in the game has the same opportunities to get "lucky crits" and get the same devastating outcome.

2: bubble.

please this ability has such a horribly long cooldown and is so easily countered by now 2 classes come 3.1. Not only IS it countered easy but the damage while in a bubble is non-existent also spending 75% of your mana to get healed to full gives your opponent time to simply run behind a pillar and do the same(bandage/eat). I would gladly trade bubble for a number of other defensive abilities.

3: because we can heal.

give me a god dam break do you have any idea how much damage i take from recoil alone. even just sitting on a target dummy in org on the ptr i had to keep up judgement of light and use most of my art of war procs just to stay even. Its also not like DK's and Warlocks have their own massive self heals. warriors have self heals also not as powerfull, but they also don't have to use a mass amount of their resources all while reducing their dps to zero and making themselves very vulnerable to being locked out.

4: its impossible to kite a ret paladin.

give me a break. if feral druids had it hard without a snare while having a constant 30% speed increase as well as having 2 charges and a root, then its far worse for a ret we have a weak ass 15% run speed and no gap closers. DO you have any idea how many times i can sit on top of a holy paladin without a soul to bother me and yet he can still get out of my melee range by simply running away. just a small amount of lag can make it completely impossible to stand on your target. even with the small time frame of freedom its still very possible to mitigate most of my damage anyways if I am unable to get inside melee range.

From my perspective they simply have too much utility. Replenishment, lots of damage, blessing of freedom, BOP, Bubble, wings, dispels, they can heal if needed, maybe it's because a mage but I don't really think they need all of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<