• US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

anyone else confused by the fact that it says:
Tree of Life: Now receives 240% increased armor
Why doesn't it say:
Improved Tree of Life: Now receives 240% increased armor

Has anyone actually been on ptr since the latest update to test this?
MMO sometimes gets these wrong and maybe, just maybe it's a base value for ToL now and imp ToL still grants another 33/66/100 ON TOP of the 240%?
That would be fucking awesome if so, and regardless, I say we start a QQ train to get that implemented on the Blizz forums, or even better, how about IToL gives 3/7/10% reduced damage from all sources and the ToL does the base armor. I mean, you're a tree after, don't you already have BarkSkin to start with? :D
/discuss

#2 Torched

Torched
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

yea, only ITol gives you 80/160/240% armor, must be a typo on there part.
Posted Image

#3 Torched

Torched
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

and apparently divine storm is bugged on the ptr. getting gibbed from 20k to 0 in secs =\
Posted Image

#4 Leafy

Leafy
  • Leafy
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

no thats called balance

Blowi said:

Druids were not weak in S5

Subpar said:

Druids weren't weak in s5 at all, some people realized how to play them and beat dk teams, some didn't.

#5 Nyctete

Nyctete
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

Well how about IToL gives 3/7/10% reduced damage from all sources and ToL does the base armor of 240%
Can't we try to petition for that? With all the feral nerfs, I'm really starting to miss resto. But with the way resto is, I mean what's the point?

#6 Wildo

Wildo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

So basically you want to be invincible.

#7 cydial

cydial
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

Nyctete said:

Well how about IToL gives 3/7/10% reduced damage from all sources and ToL does the base armor of 240%
Can't we try to petition for that? With all the feral nerfs, I'm really starting to miss resto. But with the way resto is, I mean what's the point?

No, I want less tree form camping tbh. They should just revert the lifebloom nerf on TR.

I don't know if this sounds too op or not (prob is) but what if they made nourish cost less mana per hot as well as increas it's healing? :\

Just throwing random shit out there. Don't know what would fix druids, and by fix I don't mean making lifebloom as op as it was in s3-s4.

#8 Hatesresto

Hatesresto
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

I don't think we really need that kind of survivability. Its already easy to tank in tree. I only played up to 2250 this season and it was my first season playing a resto druid so my opinion might be shit to you. However, the biggest problems I noticed were: DKs (obviously), mana, and inability to cc (due to mana and for the most part DKs killing you or your partner.) DKs are getting fixed and many other classes are losing damage, but mana is getting worse. WTB a talent that increases int and a revert on the lb change.
Its not a montage.

#9 Nyctete

Nyctete
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

Wildo said:

So basically you want to be invincible.

well, the only thing we can do in that form is heal. I think we've all come far enough to realize that no one can achieve any kind of decent rating any more through simply having one person ONLY heal and the other person ONLY dps. Well... maybe a Holy Pally/DK could get away with that, idk. But then again, even the ones that do, there would be ones that do so much more that would then beat them in a heads up.

The only thing we're asking for is some decent armor and something to mitigate spell damage. Is that really invincible? And to top that off, you would still need to put 4 points in it to get it.

#10 Capiachi

Capiachi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

I have to agree with the above poster, I dont want Tree of life, scrap it for all i care. Enough with the forms already, they should fix the ones we already have!

#11 Mulliss

Mulliss
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Bronzebeard
  • Cyclone

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

Nice sig

#12 Nyctete

Nyctete
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

Hatesresto said:

I don't think we really need that kind of survivability. Its already easy to tank in tree. I only played up to 2250 this season and it was my first season playing a resto druid so my opinion might be shit to you. However, the biggest problems I noticed were: DKs (obviously), mana, and inability to cc (due to mana and for the most part DKs killing you or your partner.) DKs are getting fixed and many other classes are losing damage, but mana is getting worse. WTB a talent that increases int and a revert on the lb change.

I haven't played resto since S3/S4 so your opinion is more valid then mine, I was just basing their survivability on the fact that if you catch them in caster form, they pretty much die in my experience. I was probably just playing against bad trees or something then.
I would def agree with the mana concerns though.

#13 Lug

Lug
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

10% is too much. I proposed 5% before they gave us the armor and tbh I think the armor is fine. They just need to make burst less fucking dumb and address our mana problems.

#14 Capiachi

Capiachi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:08 AM

Lug said:

10% is too much. I proposed 5% before they gave us the armor and tbh I think the armor is fine. They just need to make burst less fucking dumb and address our mana problems.

I agree, the armor wasn't at all what we needed(atleast i think so). I'd much rather see some sort of magic reduction, but then again I hate treeform. So i wouldn't want to get us stuck in that form even more.

Poor rogues are gonna have a hasstle takin us down now, atleast untill we run oom.

#15 Lug

Lug
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:42 AM

Capiachi said:

I agree, the armor wasn't at all what we needed(atleast i think so). I'd much rather see some sort of magic reduction, but then again I hate treeform. So i wouldn't want to get us stuck in that form even more.

Poor rogues are gonna have a hasstle takin us down now, atleast untill we run oom.

I'm pretty sure the theory behind the armor reduction is that it lets us "tank" classes but since we are so good at LoSing damage a flat 5% or w/e wasn't prefered. The problem with the armor is that it really only helps vs rogues and warriors who are both shit atm.

And ya, I'm really don't think anyone prefered tree form as a mechanic in PvP. You play like a Pally and a bad one at that, it's just boring and not what Druids should be like imo. Idk, A dreamstate like playstyle ( but less powerful for obvious reasons) would be what I'd like to get back to.

#16 Capiachi

Capiachi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

Exactly!

My dream situation would be to fix our mana issues and then giving back feral charge. It doesn't even have to have the silence, as a pure escape mechanic only. I miss it so much. Oh and doing something about treeform ofcourse, I like the way they are thinking now about it though.

#17 Aesa

Aesa

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:02 AM

my dream situation is to get the 4 piece 15% run speed in forms back =(

#18 Capiachi

Capiachi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

Wow, yeah I totally forgot about that one. That'd be sweet.

#19 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:44 AM

Torched said:

and apparently divine storm is bugged on the ptr. getting gibbed from 20k to 0 in secs =\

And that's different from live how exactly?  It's just other classes doing it.

Anyway I'm on the PTR and you don't get the newly buffed extra armor unless you spec into IToL.  I'm not sure if I've been on since the latest build or even two, but the patch notes have always said that and the extra armor's always been in IToL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<