#41 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:45 AM

I fought a double healer ret team as double healer SV on the TR and the ret did 2x my damage literally double. That was with me NOT being attacked so I was free to steady shot and that was WITH him being CCd/kited/scatter shot.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#42 Sherman454

Sherman454
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Anub'arak
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:51 AM

13k damage in two globals without white damage is really fun.

That's an over exaggeration. Even if he's stacking full PvE gear, numerous popular combos could explode him, even if he's running with 2 healers. Regardless, full PvE gear wont let him do 13k with just a judgment and CS.
:paladin:Dactylic
:priest:Poetic
:mage:Namrehs

#43 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:55 AM

how do you do 13k in 2 globals, like what move combination (without white swings)?

#44 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:57 AM

Ret damage is still quite below dk or hunter levels in terms of burst and sustained DPS.

ROFL what

why do people say things that have exactly now idea what they're talking about
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#45 Vitrie

Vitrie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:07 AM

I fought a double healer ret team as double healer SV on the TR and the ret did 2x my damage literally double. That was with me NOT being attacked so I was free to steady shot and that was WITH him being CCd/kited/scatter shot.

You're just shit then, go learn to play then come back.
Hi!

#46 Ziddy

Ziddy
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1730
  • 3v3: 1684
  • RBG: 1533

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:10 AM

I just had a premonition: this thread will soon be full of factual information and healthy discussion.

What is there to discuss? Sk gaming top 100? Warriors coming in here and crying that they got judged for 11k?

Ret has glaring weaknesses. Since beta you've all but ignored them and concentrated on its strengths and how anyone saying anything other than ret is OP is a retard. If you don't remember, I tried to engage in discussion with you about this topic and you borderline flamed me into oblivion with the help of 9,000 other gladiator druids/locks/rogues.

You choose to ignore it's weaknesses as if they don't exist. How can anyone engage you in a discussion, that being the case?

Rueben you're terrible!

#47 Fulgorre

Fulgorre
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Garithos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:11 AM

This thread:
Ret pally: "my burst is all i have, its fine that i can kill your healer in a single untrinketed stun because killing someone is all i can do, if you have ever lost to a ret pally you are bad."
Everyone else: "but killing that person wins you the game. Every one of you acts as though getting CCd means you instantly lose your kill, because youre 1v2ing? Get dispelled. Ret + an MS is unhealable on ptr"

over and over.

#48 Slilent

Slilent
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:17 AM

WHY DO PALADINS USE MANA? 35 MINUTE FIGHT AND HE IS STILL AT 100%

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MABYE ITS FOR THE 10K HOLY LIGHT THEY HAVE TO CAST WHEN THEY BUBBLE

#49 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:20 AM

That's an over exaggeration. Even if he's stacking full PvE gear, numerous popular combos could explode him, even if he's running with 2 healers. Regardless, full PvE gear wont let him do 13k with just a judgment and CS.

that was on a lock pet

#50 Vitrie

Vitrie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:28 AM

This thread:
Ret pally: "my burst is all i have, its fine that i can kill your healer in a single untrinketed stun because killing someone is all i can do, if you have ever lost to a ret pally you are bad."
Everyone else: "but killing that person wins you the game. Every one of you acts as though getting CCd means you instantly lose your kill, because youre 1v2ing? Get dispelled. Ret + an MS is unhealable on ptr"

over and over.

But I can't kill a healer in a single untrinketed stun, nevermind that any other DPS class can kill a healer who has no hots / shields / peels on them within 6-10 seconds, too...

Look, outside of avenging wrath my judge crits for 6k, CS somewhere betweeen 3-4k, DS about the same or a little less. Add 2 melee swings and seal procs, that's another 6k damage or so - we're looking at 20k damage MAX during a hoj, assuming EVERY SINGLE ABILITY critted. Chances of that happening? Right, next to none.

Now tell me honestly, what other DPS class can NOT do 20k damage within 6 seconds provided they are not interrupted, and every single thing they did during these 6 seconds was a critical hit? And while you're at it, more to think on, Ret Paladins have ~30% crit on all attacks bar Judgements (these are ~50%); many classes have way higher crit on their nukes than this.
Hi!

#51 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:30 AM

ROFL what

why do people say things that have exactly now idea what they're talking about

fuck, I agree with levidian
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

When I talk to or see successful gamers they come off as intelligent people who are able to develop the ever important “game sense” with relative ease. Aside from muscle memory and the mechanics of playing a video game they seem to just understand what needs to be done to compete and outthink their opponents.

#52 harlequinkopeck

harlequinkopeck
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:31 AM

nerf ret burst

#53 Slilent

Slilent
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:34 AM

but I can't kill a healer in a single untrinketed stun,

then you jus bade

#54 Vitrie

Vitrie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:35 AM

then you jus bade

Or healers I play against know how to prehot themselves when they see me running at them, nevermind having more than 15k health. /shrug
Hi!

#55 harlequinkopeck

harlequinkopeck
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:48 AM

Or healers I play against know how to prehot themselves when they see me running at them, nevermind having more than 15k health. /shrug

ya cause prehotting themselves every time a ret paladin nudges in your direction is really efficient on mana and practical

I don't even need to prehot myself as much vs a stealthed rogue as I do a ret paly if I don't have a trinket. You won't kill me every time but there is a REAL possibility you will with a crit string

Never mind the fact that they can heal there team mate, give replenishment, dispel, etc etc etc

Makes sense for all the ms classes that offer none of that and half the dmg

#56 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:58 AM

ya cause prehotting themselves every time a ret paladin nudges in your direction is really efficient on mana and practical

I don't even need to prehot myself as much vs a stealthed rogue as I do a ret paly if I don't have a trinket. You won't kill me every time but there is a REAL possibility you will with a crit string

Never mind the fact that they can heal there team mate, give replenishment, dispel, etc etc etc

/shrug, i'd rather deal with a ret paladin on me than most other dps classes.

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#57 snugglebunny

snugglebunny
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1589
  • 3v3: 2737
  • RBG: 1606

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:00 AM

They just gave them a huge ass buff without any penalty.

#58 Vitrie

Vitrie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:06 AM

Ok, so what do you suggest we do about this? Make it so that the said paladin can not EVER kill you, even if you do NOT prehot, do NOT have any defensive CDs ready for his HoJ, and receive NO peels when you're stunned and he's dpsing you freely?

That sounds logical!
Hi!

#59 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:29 AM

1)
3) When I see them on the ladder, I'll believe it. And #7? That makes ret ridiculously OP? They should be #1 by the way you're talking.

http://www.wowarmory...nel vision&fl=1

the team is called faceroll tunnel vision
it's the only double healer team in the top 10

#60 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:30 AM

But I can't kill a healer in a single untrinketed stun, nevermind that any other DPS class can kill a healer who has no hots / shields / peels on them within 6-10 seconds, too...

Look, outside of avenging wrath my judge crits for 6k, CS somewhere betweeen 3-4k, DS about the same or a little less. Add 2 melee swings and seal procs, that's another 6k damage or so - we're looking at 20k damage MAX during a hoj, assuming EVERY SINGLE ABILITY critted. Chances of that happening? Right, next to none.

Now tell me honestly, what other DPS class can NOT do 20k damage within 6 seconds provided they are not interrupted, and every single thing they did during these 6 seconds was a critical hit? And while you're at it, more to think on, Ret Paladins have ~30% crit on all attacks bar Judgements (these are ~50%); many classes have way higher crit on their nukes than this.

or you can use a realistic numbers at 30% crit, and if the rets healer casts a single damage spell in 6 seconds something is dead in that hammer.

what dps class cant do 20k damage in 6 seconds interrupted? idk. better question:

what other dps class has a spammable magic/disease/poison dispel, freedom, sac, and hop?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<