Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:47 AM

I guess my question would be-of the items on your list, which are intended and which aren't? Isn't gargoyle SUPPOSED to be buffed back up? Isn't Desecration SUPPOSED to be adjusted?

I realize with the shitty dev team we've got right now, we're probably going into 3.1 with some things broken and no eta for fixes. I'm just curious which are actually intended.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#82 Unfinished

Unfinished

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:51 AM

Tested desecration last night on the PTR, it applies a snare to the target even if they run out of range of the area immediately.

#83 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:51 AM

better time to post his reaction to his abysmal performances in tournaments:
http://wowriot.gamer...CE-PUKE-DUDELOL

Lol, I remember looking down after that picture was taken and thinking "if this kid pukes, hes gonna hit me"...

...thank god I moved.

But on topic, frost is going to be really good. The only thing that bothers me is how COI overrides Chilblains with Endless Winter.

#84 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1027
  • RBG: 1708
  • LocationCold North

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

and pestilence not refreshing Chillblains regardless of glyph

#85 Azore

Azore
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mannoroth
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

ok some clarification:

- chilblain is not refreshed through Glyph of Disease
- chilblain + endless winter is a big nogo, when you CoI you apply ff but no chilblain (as CoI is also 10sek it just overwrites it)
- HC ff applies chilblain
- targets affected by ff through pestilence gain chilblain but only if FF isnt already active on them
- to reapplie chilblains to an target already affected by ff you need to IT

now you have to decide what you want:
1. CoI apply ff + better slow than chilblain for 5sec, no dmg dealt, 1F cost, chance of free 1F thorugh pvpgloves
2. Chilblain through IT, better slow than CoI after 5sec, average dmg, 1F rune

I still lean more to chilblain because
- it deals dmg
- same range than CoI
- right now i live pretty well with useing CoI rarly (IT+BB all the way for more dmg)
- you can spread it with pest (initial slowing 2 targets with CoI would cost 2F runes)

#86 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1027
  • RBG: 1708
  • LocationCold North

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

Coi is nice as a root when a DPS is chasing your healer around a pillar (also resets autorun for around a second, wich is annoying for them), regardless of overwriting, but Icy is definitely a better button. There's a conflict between frost pvp specs and pvp gloves bonus. I'd like to see Blizz adressing this.

#87 evenn

evenn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

btw I think it was this thread that I read someone saying rune cooldowns refresh faster with heroism on ptr. I was pretty certain that heroism already affects our rune cooldowns on live, so I tested and was right. 8 sec rune refresh rate on live with heroism atm.

#88 Vague

Vague
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

I just don't understand how SS also applies Desecration while Obli for frost doesn't. This means if you are unholy, you can apply your diseases once, keep refreshing them through pesti glyph and spam SS without wasting your unholy/frost runes. While as frost, you will still waste them to reapply chillblains. This alone will make unholy far more superior imo.

#89 evenn

evenn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

you're not wasting runes to use icy touch as frost, and you dont always use oblit as frost either. theres also the fact that frost has a 10 sec aoe cc and a far more versatile snare. apples and oranges.

#90 Vague

Vague
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

Why would you not spam obli in frost if your target is perma diseased through pesti?
I tried both on ptr, and even though frost has an aoe blind, unholy was still putting far more pressure.

#91 Willferral

Willferral
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:03 PM

-Desecration is exactly the same as it is on live except it's 2 yards smaller now and procs off scourge strike. It is now the worst snare death knights have available to them when, in comparison, glyph of heart strike is not dispellable and applied much more consistently, and chilblains is also not dispellable, last 10 seconds, can be used at range, and spread via pestilence. Yet, it also costs talent points (unlike glyph of heart strike) and 2 more talent points than chilblains at that. Good logic there.

Wasn't Descratation supposed to instantly apply the debuff now? (thought I read a legit (ie blue) post saying that.) Maybe it's bugged.

-Improved Unholy Presence seems to be broken/bugged (what a surprise, still not fixed after 8 new builds or so)

It flat out doesn't work? Which part.. rune cooldowns?

-Glyph of Vampiric Blood and Glyph of Bone Shield are also now worthless with their new cooldowns

Not that I would ever use any of these glyphs... but wouldn't it theorhetically be MORE useful with a longer cooldown?
New Druid Spell - Next Expansion...
Lifecoil! Heals target for (x amount) and causes your target to uncontrollably frolic in happiness for 3 seconds.

#92 WhyteGladiator

WhyteGladiator
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

A lot of people have a large amount of misinformation going around regarding several 3.1 changes. I wanted to dispel some of those myths and rumors here. In no particular order:

Anyone else find this funny? I know its used correctly but still....

#93 Triumvirate

Triumvirate
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

Not that I would ever use any of these glyphs... but wouldn't it theorhetically be MORE useful with a longer cooldown?

on paper, yes.

in practice, no.

#94 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:50 AM

Are people really considering using the Pestilence glyph over any other glyph? Keep in mind it doesn't apply diseases but does only refresh them if they're up already, making it quite useless if your enemies occasionally dispel diseases because you'll still want to reapply the dispelled disease and you can't really do much with 1 Frost/Unholy rune as Frost/Unholy.

btw I think it was this thread that I read someone saying rune cooldowns refresh faster with heroism on ptr. I was pretty certain that heroism already affects our rune cooldowns on live, so I tested and was right. 8 sec rune refresh rate on live with heroism atm.

Actually, runes always refresh after 8 seconds if you're in combat and don't use them immediately. For more information visit http://elitistjerks....:_How_They_Work .

#95 evenn

evenn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:09 AM

Actually, runes always refresh after 8 seconds if you're in combat and don't use them immediately. For more information visit http://elitistjerks....:_How_They_Work .

this is not what im talking about. I'm saying if you use them immediately with hero up, its 8 sec cd.

#96 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

this is not what im talking about. I'm saying if you use them immediately with hero up, its 8 sec cd.

Are you sure about that? I can't test it right now but it'd be a really weird behavior.

#97 evenn

evenn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

Are you sure about that? I can't test it right now but it'd be a really weird behavior.

I'll test it again and make sure, I just noticed it bc I was doing a heroic with a shaman while I was reading this thread. I'll set up a controlled situation and verify

#98 evenn

evenn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

still waiting on a shaman to come to ironforge, but either my rune mod is messed up, or my refresh time is actually 7 seconds on waiting on runes when im in combat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<