• US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2019
  • 3v3: 2402
  • RBG: 1644
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:44 PM

Meh I switched to ruthlessness when vile got nerfed and never went back. but that extra 20% damage on wound is sure holding me back

You're a moron.

#82 Karthera

Karthera
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

I spec'd this last night for priest/rogue and it is amazing. I do so much damage, it feels just like s3. DK/paladin is very easy for us, but warlock and hunter teams become a bit harder as compared to using prep/mut.

We plan on grinding out gladiator these next two days, I'll try and update in here with how it goes.
Previously known as Karthera - Sargeras
Sykeasaurus' life partner :) <3

#83 Sákura1296679519

Sákura1296679519
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Terrordar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

what gear should i use to play this spec? a mix of t7,5 and nonset pvp or full pvp?
i think of trying 51/5/15 with a priest.

#84 c00kies

c00kies
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

I've suported this specc from the beginning (Im the paladin that made 2,2k with zakdog first and flawless).
Seems it makes more results with a Rshaman atleast :).
Faced these guys once so far was a very fun and close game! As dk/hpala this comp can be quite gay to face!

#85 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

what gear should i use to play this spec? a mix of t7,5 and nonset pvp or full pvp?
i think of trying 51/5/15 with a priest.

I was using 2 piece 7.5 for the rupture and was running around 500 resilience.

#86 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

I wonder if you could make this work in 3v3 by ending games in 15-30 seconds after opening.

When I talk to or see successful gamers they come off as intelligent people who are able to develop the ever important “game sense” with relative ease. Aside from muscle memory and the mechanics of playing a video game they seem to just understand what needs to be done to compete and outthink their opponents.

#87 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

I wonder if you could make this work in 3v3 by ending games in 15-30 seconds after opening.

Double vanish+overkill would help with that more than HfB

Or could just go shadow dance

#88 Stefz

Stefz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 0/1/2/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1348
  • 3v3: 1809

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

It could work depending on the comp in 3s, but I seem to blow prep within 10-15 seconds after coming out of stealth to keep myself alive and mobile for a kill. I suppose you could just carry over the "train dk" strategy from 2s, since you definitely wont be touching a hunter or even a warlock with freedom. Against RMPs you might have to try to gib a priest since you only have 1 vanish to contain the rogue during his evasions

#89 Ishank

Ishank
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gilneas
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:02 AM

Double healer rogue, think this would be best spec for it.

#90 komodo131

komodo131
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

Double healer rogue, think this would be best spec for it.

i just don't see that comp being very viable.

#91 Ishank

Ishank
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gilneas
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:35 AM

i just don't see that comp being very viable.

http://www.wowarmory...Pugged Your Mom
Kinda works.

#92 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:39 AM

Double vanish+overkill would help with that more than HfB

Or could just go shadow dance

Yeah, I was going to mention it to the rogue I 3s with but I remembered that s dance is more burst anyway

When I talk to or see successful gamers they come off as intelligent people who are able to develop the ever important “game sense” with relative ease. Aside from muscle memory and the mechanics of playing a video game they seem to just understand what needs to be done to compete and outthink their opponents.

#93 Karthera

Karthera
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

Just another update: we made it to 2k relatively easy (as long as you exclude the fights against hunter teams and the stupid rogue/lock we fought a few times). DK/pal and lock/healer is on farm, and war/pal is free wins.

We're going for glad rankings soon, I'll keep updating here as we progress. I run Priest/rogue though, not shaman/rogue.

All I can say is, I support this build for rogue/healer teams.

#94 Mikaelo

Mikaelo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

I haven't read all 10 pages, but I am curious Has anyone tried this as Priest/Rogue at a decent rating? if so, How did it work vs DK/Healer and Hunter/Healer? and What strategies did you use vs common setups?

#95 Burning

Burning
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

iv been playing this on the TR and its sexy toe to toe dks and just shit on them lol. cept. get ready to loose to rogue + DPS teams

#96 Karthera

Karthera
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

I haven't read all 10 pages, but I am curious Has anyone tried this as Priest/Rogue at a decent rating? if so, How did it work vs DK/Healer and Hunter/Healer? and What strategies did you use vs common setups?

Hunter/healer is just about auto/lose, and dk/pal is a free win. So if you have hunter/healer all over your Bg, you might not want to run it. But then again if you have lots of hunter/healer teams you shouldn't be playing rogue/priest xD

Our hidden rating is a lot higher than 2000 btw, I'm not trying to claim 2000 is high rated.

Against DK/pal, you just tank the DK, and your priest is usually okay to burn and add dps. When you get the the paladin with no trinket/bubble and you get a fear/blind on him, you can easily drop the DK from 100-0 in a KS with the help from your priest. War/pal is the same thing, except its a free win, where as dk/pal you have to be at least a bit warry.

Hunter/healer teams are ridiculously hard. Expect to lose, its as as big of a counter as you will get.

Warlock/healer isn't too hard, you pump a lot of damage into the warlock. Lock/pal is a lot easier than lock/shaman.

Rogue/mage depends a lot on not getting sapped. If you can catch the rogue in a KS, or even a well coordinated CS, its game over. Rogue/warlock is very hard though.

#97 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

You should do better against Hunter/Healer as HfB, and Hunter/Healer around 2-2.1k skill level are very beatable as Muti/Prep (idk what your hidden is though).

Evasion is 80% worthless against survival. Sprint and Vanish are completely worthless against frost trap. More damage is fuckin $$$$$

#98 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

kinda ot: btw how many dk/hunter+healer do you guys see? i wanted to try hfb today but we kept fighting mage/rogue, spriest/rogue (wtf?) and mirrors around ~2080 hidden rating.

#99 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

kinda ot: btw how many dk/hunter+healer do you guys see? i wanted to try hfb today but we kept fighting mage/rogue, spriest/rogue (wtf?) and mirrors around ~2080 hidden rating.

quite alot... we dont really have any greater problems with hunter teams.

#100 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Update.

Played some 2v2 again today and it was going pretty smooth... 6 - 0 and sitting on 2613... 10 points away from rank 1. But then what happens... the rank3 (because we now were rank2) feral / pally team queued. and it went to a sad 2-0 to them.

The first game was probably the most annoying ever... getting the paladin to less than 2000 several times, just to see a druid bash, cyclone, or trinket rocket boots, and the paladin was gone.
After 8 min. however it seamed like we had it... cheap shot stun, and the paladin freedoms. full energy... the paladin dont got bubble, trinket or freedom, and a full kidny lands... few secs away from winning and what happens... the kitty got a crit streak. 3 shred crits followed by ferocity bite crit... ouch --__--
And to quoto my shaman on vent "ARRRRRRRRRRAWRRAWRARWR!!!!!!"

Second time we had alot of close kills again, but they just got so many ways to escape... rocket boots, bash, root, cyclone, defensive hammer, bubble... and meanwhile they can kill me if they land a hammer + repentance on us :S

losing 19 points twice against to some lucky teams, destroyed the rating we had grained, and after winning 4 points twice against the teams that just stole 19... we stopped.
Finishing at 2563 with a 8-4 score.
We are probably going to camp that rating until the last few days of the season, where the top10 people will be playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<