#61 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

This will prob be the best spec if you are interested in HFB as of 3.1. But I would never use HFB playing double dps because that would be silly.

http://talent.mmo-ch...00&version=9733

That's an awful spec

You take ruthlessness over vile poison? MoD over Serrated blades? No deadened nerves?

http://www.wowhead.c...irsIzVo0xZtbbbh imo

might be worth it to put blood spatter in there, trying to find a spot for it right now

Maybe 2 out of deadened nerves.

#62 komodo131

komodo131
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

This will prob be the best spec if you are interested in HFB as of 3.1. But I would never use HFB playing double dps because that would be silly.

that's terrible, no deadened nerves? no vile poisons? ghostly strike will do nearly no damage for 40 energy and the 15% dodge is not that useful considering the 50% dodge of evasion isn't.

#63 Tjungo

Tjungo
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Emerald Dream
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:50 AM

I agree on it not being optimal for double dps, but I disagree on the spec. You definitely want to have vile poisons; it's easily a lot better than either ruthlessness or imp kidney. Double wound really feels mandatory for a rogue/healer comp as you lose out on oh so much damage without it. Wound usually does more damage than muti does for me. The ppm change will help make this even more so imo.

Similarly the trend as we see it now is to go for bleeds and the new functionality of HfB demands using it every now and then so Blood splatter and Serrated Blades will probably look quite nice. Deadened Nerves is another talent worth taking over imp kidney imo as the greatest weakness in rogue/shammy atm seems to be how quickly a rogue can be dropped; 6% isn't all that, but it can definitely win games.

My take on it anyhow, but it'll definitely depends on what teams come to dominate 2v2 the next season.

#64 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:00 AM

Im so tempted to try combat or hfb with a healer, but autolose vs rogue/dps teams is just:|

#65 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

Im so tempted to try combat or hfb with a healer, but autolose vs rogue/dps teams is just:|

I sort of felt like that until we didn't get a single rogue team for 25 games.

It's going to be harder against double dps though.

#66 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

Yep, pretty much autoloss when not having heightened senses. I'm pretty much all for removing the talent entirely, i don't see any reason we should have "required" talents that only counter people of the same class without it. I mean, to my knowledge theres no other class in the game with the same dilemma.

Think about it, if one rogue speccs heightened senses - ALL the rogues have to specc it. If they removed the talent, we'd be in the exact same place as we are today - except with alot of new potentially viable speccs.

edit
Depending on how trash sinister strike is, this might work (3.1):

Or skip prep etc and get killingspree etc.

DKs make me lol. It's like a hobo winning the lotto, no one knew of him before he got rich and no one likes them.

#67 emerald

emerald
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

Id rather go full combat(for 2s) because killing spree singeltarget is some sexy burst.

would probably specc something like http://www.wowhead.c...0fVorurgRze0bbh and screw evisc.

#68 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

Heightened senses isn't at all required, it just means you have to change your opener a little bit.

#69 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

Id rather go full combat(for 2s) because killing spree singeltarget is some sexy burst.

would probably specc something like http://www.wowhead.c...0fVorurgRze0bbh and screw evisc.

Killing spree becomes alot better with the glyph in 3.1, might actually work pretty well with spree/sinister strike spam and wound having a 96% chance to procc while using a calamity's.

Haha, want to buy quick recovery and seal fate - combo generation sucks so much ass as combat. Makes me hate it:(

DKs make me lol. It's like a hobo winning the lotto, no one knew of him before he got rich and no one likes them.

#70 listerx

listerx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:09 AM

that's terrible, no deadened nerves? no vile poisons? ghostly strike will do nearly no damage for 40 energy and the 15% dodge is not that useful considering the 50% dodge of evasion isn't.

cool who are you

#71 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:04 AM

cool who are you

rage because you made an awful spec

#72 Slilent

Slilent
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:21 AM

rage because you made an awful spec

haha I laughed irl, seriously, I DID.

#73 listerx

listerx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

who fucking cares its not like you have any of that combat shit when you are 41/5/25 so what are you missing out on

and who cares because rogue/healer is bad anyway and i would never go HFB

#74 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

who fucking cares its not like you have any of that combat shit when you are 41/5/25 so what are you missing out on

...no vile poisons as 41/5/25?

#75 listerx

listerx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:32 AM

who gets vile poisons. yay dispel resistance on deadly poisons zomgg

#76 Nayume

Nayume
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:42 AM

you get it for the damage with double wound silly (srsly)

#77 listerx

listerx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

Meh I switched to ruthlessness when vile got nerfed and never went back. but that extra 20% damage on wound is sure holding me back

#78 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

yeah who would want an extra ~8% dps when they can.. have a chance to get 1 combo point every 10 seconds!!

#79 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

I'm going to prefer http://talent.mmo-ch...00&version=9733
Imp eviscerate / Ruthlessness can be swapped if it turns out deadly on off hand is better against non-plate teams than eviscerate.

edit: With druids making a big comeback, it will be needed to protect deadly wound with deadly poison, and a envenom glyph together with masters poisner, makes it easy to maintain 5 stacks of deadly.

#80 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

Not taking vile poison is just stupid when wound is doing 20%+ of your total damage against mail or higher armor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<