#41 Tjungo

Tjungo
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Emerald Dream
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

I saw your other post on the official forums, and wrote a short reply. My personal concern was that you seemed to have many of the same trouble teams as we did (notably feral/holy). We also meet rogue/dps (i.e. rogue/mage) every so often, though we tend to lose those anyways. I also like to have those extra vanishes to fuel my addiction for target switches.

I'm quite interested however, it seems a very interesting build. I was considering something slightly different though on the same note:
http://www.wowhead.c...irsIzVo0xZxdbbh
Taking the talents in sub over combat for Serrated Blades, Elusiveness and Dirty Tricks as well as picking up Blood Splatter. What can I say I'm addicted to bleeds. :P I was wondering if anyone tried something similar?

#42 pangeea

pangeea
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

Is there any way to set up Ghost's Cooldown Pulse to flash HfB after 25 secs as if it was a cooldown?

#43 eizei

eizei
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

Bleeds ftw indeed, but I'm not sure if I would drop MoD for it, though being a night elf and engineer.

I guess http://www.wowhead.c...oirsIzVo0xZebbb either that or replace MoD with serrated blades.

#44 Dynath

Dynath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

Why go cut to the chase AND improved SND, should rather take 1/2 imp SND or just go SND glyph instead. Not like you'll have trouble putting it up anyhow, and all you need to do is get a 1cp SND up and evsic for full duration anyhow.

That's true, till now I've been running with 2/2 imp snd and glyph, which is 34 sec if im not mistaken, and I think I use evis more often than every 34 seconds :)

#45 Megalomaniac

Megalomaniac

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

Played HFB yesterday and I will prob stick with this for 2's (PR). Agsinst the comps this spec doesn't do well against (mage rogue) we usually lose vs anyway. Against the comps we can win, this tilts things more in our favor. Still top 10 pally dk's are rough, but the mediocore ones get destroyed.

I tried with CtTC and without. CtTC is pretty much worthless if you want to KS on cd, and eviscerate damage is pathetic vs plate anyways. Those 5 points could def be better spent elsewhere.

http://www.wowhead.c...sirsGu0o0tZebbb
vigor / rupture / gouge or evasion

#46 Trumtomte

Trumtomte
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

Is there any way to set up Ghost's Cooldown Pulse to flash HfB after 25 secs as if it was a cooldown?

ye i think so, you're able to add spells and remove spells with it so, why not? :)

edit: might become a problem since it doesnt have a cd tho :P, but heck, go and try it :>
Posted Image
Jizz in my pants

#47 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

I question your choice of gear it's quite the mediocre looking at your gear it clearly says you have access to the very best gear but you're not choosing to use it, why? also your battlegroup must have some proper bad people in the top as well as you're not facing any dps teams according to armory as well which is majorly why it worked out so good nevertheless pretty cool but I can only assume it works this *well* with a shaman healer.

I like the 10 less energy on kick.

#48 Roguepants

Roguepants

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

So been trying this today, not that bad, after we got used to eachothers playstyle we went up quickly, around 1900 atm but we're meeting a LOT of hpala/feraldruid, how do you counter these?

#49 eizei

eizei
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

I use this addon: http://wow.curse.com...oject-3782.aspx. Pretty handy if you ask me.

Vs hpala/fdruid we usually stick on feral cc'ing the pala looking for an opportunity to swap and playing defensive when druid goes cat to avoid the loloopsburstedthroughspamfol.

#50 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

So been trying this today, not that bad, after we got used to eachothers playstyle we went up quickly, around 1900 atm but we're meeting a LOT of hpala/feraldruid, how do you counter these?

Holy paladin / Feral is a pretty hard counter.

We managed to play a 3 - 4 win / lose, when we fighted the 2600 rated rank2 team... The score when we faced them went.
1 - 0 (the paladin was 51-20-0)
1 - 1 (the paladin went 37-0-34)
2 - 1
3 - 1
3 - 2
3 - 3
3 - 4

Which shows they found out how to play against us... What makes holy / feral very hard, is against the good teams, the druid isn't killable, and the feral can still kill the rogue in 3-4 globals.
Your best chance against a good team is to zerg the paladin, and coordinate trinkets to get out of CC... if the paladin puts the shaman in a repentance, while the rogue gets a stun its game over.

#51 Tjungo

Tjungo
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Emerald Dream
  • Blackout

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

Feral/holy is a very nasty setup to face. We do it similarly to Eizei, stick on the drood to keep him in bearform, try to make switches to the pally; but never let the drood go cat without you beating on him. Frantic defense mode whenever the drood tries for a lol feral burst from bear stun. Essentially we try to run the pally out of mana, but it takes time, and there's a lot of rng in their favor every time they try for a burst. We don't lose every time at least. :P

That said a HfB spec should do better at this than my muti/prep does; one major reason I'm considering the spec.

#52 Yuhu

Yuhu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

http://www.wowhead.c...rshzVohghd0bZ0b
what do you guys think?

imp gouge is awesome
imp sprint is awesome too

with coordinated CC on the priest ( hammer+repeantance).

#53 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

Feral/holy is a very nasty setup to face. We do it similarly to Eizei, stick on the drood to keep him in bearform, try to make switches to the pally; but never let the drood go cat without you beating on him. Frantic defense mode whenever the drood tries for a lol feral burst from bear stun. Essentially we try to run the pally out of mana, but it takes time, and there's a lot of rng in their favor every time they try for a burst. We don't lose every time at least. :P

That said a HfB spec should do better at this than my muti/prep does; one major reason I'm considering the spec.

This, although its impossible to make the paladin go oom if they are good. Feral sits in bear while the paladin has divine plea up, and easily does 200% damage compared to you on his retarded armor. Every now and then he drops a maul/mangle bomb, bash and follow up with shreds - which can set up a kill if you go low enough.

Like you said, killing the feral is impossible. If you stun him in catform he takes 30% less damage and probably pops barkskin at the same time for a total of 50% less damage taken, after stun he'll go bear right away. In the same way, a good paladin will survive a switch and the feral goes cat = win:)

DKs make me lol. It's like a hobo winning the lotto, no one knew of him before he got rich and no one likes them.

#54 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

http://www.wowhead.c...rshzVohghd0bZ0b
what do you guys think?

imp gouge is awesome
imp sprint is awesome too

Imp gouge IS awsome.

-Find weakness instead of Imp kidneyshot
-Screw SND, you can afford to take the glyph if you feel it falls off too often. But you should be doing enough finishers. 1CP eviscerate will give you a full duration refresh.
-You could shift all the combat talents aside from DWS and improved gouge to more useful stuff imo.

http://www.wowhead.c...oirsIzVohxZcbfb <- Like that for instance, if you can live without relentless strikes. MoD and dirty tricks are pretty much required if you want to get a sap in, which is alot more gamebreaking then riposte and a snarebreaker every 2min.

DKs make me lol. It's like a hobo winning the lotto, no one knew of him before he got rich and no one likes them.

#55 eizei

eizei
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

Speccing to http://www.wowhead.c...irsIu0o0xZxbdbh right now as hpala/rogue and going for 2s soon. I'll be posting here the results.

#56 Dynath

Dynath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

what annoys me the most is that we gain 7 rating and loose 15... why?

#57 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

Imp gouge IS awsome.

-Find weakness instead of Imp kidneyshot
-Screw SND, you can afford to take the glyph if you feel it falls off too often. But you should be doing enough finishers. 1CP eviscerate will give you a full duration refresh.
-You could shift all the combat talents aside from DWS and improved gouge to more useful stuff imo.

http://www.wowhead.c...oirsIzVohxZcbfb <- Like that for instance, if you can live without relentless strikes. MoD and dirty tricks are pretty much required if you want to get a sap in, which is alot more gamebreaking then riposte and a snarebreaker every 2min.

I dont really like that spec... you are imo wasting good talent points on minor abilities that wont change much... MoD camouflage... imp gouge... And no imp SnD.
21 secs duration on SnD, after using 35 energy to refresh it, without relentless strikes to get any energy back... well... SnD will fall off before you get 5 combo points and 120 energy to a burst.

#58 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

I dont really like that spec... you are imo wasting good talent points on minor abilities that wont change much... MoD camouflage... imp gouge... And no imp SnD.
21 secs duration on SnD, after using 35 energy to refresh it, without relentless strikes to get any energy back... well... SnD will fall off before you get 5 combo points and 120 energy to a burst.

Yep, but those talents are worth a heck of a lot more then riposte, 6% parry and improved sprint. If he wants gogue, i won't argue personally. If he wants imp SND its easy to take the points out of gogue and get it:)

#59 pangeea

pangeea
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:42 PM

ye i think so, you're able to add spells and remove spells with it so, why not? :)

edit: might become a problem since it doesnt have a cd tho :P, but heck, go and try it :>

I use this addon: http://wow.curse.com...oject-3782.aspx. Pretty handy if you ask me.

I already tried setting it up in GP but I can't make it work :<

Using Class Timers atm for bars, I'd just like to get another notification about ~10 secs before it drops

#60 listerx

listerx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:26 AM

This will prob be the best spec if you are interested in HFB as of 3.1. But I would never use HFB playing double dps because that would be silly.

http://talent.mmo-ch...00&version=9733

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<