#21 Amelay

Amelay
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

just wondering what gear setup you run, wtb profile link because I dont asume you play with full pve gear
"Quitted" my hunter
"Quitted" my rogue

what to play now?

#22 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hi
So with only a few double dps teams and 1or2 mirrors i'm starting to think about your talant build.

Do you really get a dk down or the pala oom by sticking on the dk?
Which daggers do you use? Double sr or the faster ones like wd?

Greetz

It is possible to run the paladim oom, or set up a kill on the DK, but sometimes the DK dont take much damage... however the paladin is running oom... the question is if you can survive the CC rotation they can put up until the paladin is oom, and even after he is oom, they can survive for quite some time my being defensive.

A tactic that works quite good against some of the DK / Pally teams, where DK isn't an option is to turn to the pally quick, either starting on him, or switching after opening on the DK, and then force bubble with as few CDs as possible... recover and regain needed CDs, and then heroism to finish the paladin.

Regarding daggers, the highest damage would be dual webbed death, however i prefer using SR MH / webbed death off hand... and dual SR with weapon chain against rogue / warrior teams.

#23 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Really curious about this spec as healer/rogue.

But was wondering your reasoning behind choosing Riposte/Endurance over MoD/Dirty Tricks/Elusiveness.

To me spec'ing 51/7/13 would seem more effective with being able to start matches better and having shorter cooldowns on Vanish/Blind/Cloak.

I prefer endurance for the 4% more stamina and reduced time on sprint / evasion... mainly for survival, but the low CD on sprint is great for the finishing zerg on the paladin after his bubble is gone.

Riposte not only offers 6% parry, but it also reduces their attack speed my 20% for 30 sec... + it is only 10 energy and rewards a combo point :)

#24 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

just wondering what gear setup you run, wtb profile link because I dont asume you play with full pve gear

[Deadly Gladiator's Leather Helm]
[Favor of the Dragon Queen]
[Deadly Gladiator's Leather Spaulders]
[Drape of the Deadly Foe]
[Deadly Gladiator's Leather Tunic]
[Deadly Gladiator's Armwraps of Triumph]
[Deadly Gladiator's Leather Gloves]
[Deadly Gladiator's Belt of Triumph]
[Leggings of the Honored]
[Deadly Gladiator's Boots of Triumph]
[Strong-Handed Ring]
[Deadly Gladiator's Band of Victory]
[Darkmoon Card: Greatness]
[Gnomish Lightning Generator]
[Deadly Gladiator's War Edge]

With Weapons i swap between Dual SR... Dual webbed death... SR / Webbed death.

Edit: But try to catch me in the pvp spec/gear on http://www.sk-gaming...88/60778-Zakdog
or http://eu.wowarmory....entarg&n=Zakdog

I will try to remember to equip my arena gear before i log :)

#25 VonLego

VonLego
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:48 AM

Buddy just started running this with his shaman. His shaman was able to nab flawless victor in the process. Going to let him tool around with it awhile before I try it myself. (Power leveling engineer atm, going to see how far that takes me)

#26 Taiyoken

Taiyoken
  • Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:23 AM

Just played this in 2s and went up 180 pts from 2024 to 2200.

The best part about this is that you CAN RUN PALLIES OUT OF MANA.

Vs war/pal, dk/pal, you tunnel the DK or war the entire game and the pally will go oom. Save gouge and blind for when the DK pops cooldowns and you're in trouble.

Rogues counter this to an extent because they will always be able to open on you.

Lock/shaman is a free win.

Shamans and Priests go oom in like 30 seconds trying to heal your damage. You also stop a lot of feral dps from no rip/pounce/rake.

Anyway, I love this spec, thansk so much for bringing it into the light =]

I had to catch up on ATR games so we stopped, but we'll definitely be going far with this. I encourage people to try this spec out, you do -SO- much damage.

Also, HFB increases GLG damage.

I've killed pallies in a cs mut mut gouge glg cb evis

edit: catching another rogue in a KS is lethal

Okay, you killed the death knight, good job. NIGHTMARE MODE UNLOCKED, KILL HIM AGAIN, YOU HAVE 20% LIFE THIS TIME AND NO COOLDOWNS.

#27 Slilent

Slilent
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:09 AM

So this HFB spec is only working when paired up with a shaman? And best to stay mut with a priest?

#28 Taiyoken

Taiyoken
  • Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:34 AM

I like it for heroisms for very fast and sustained SnD damage.

It could work for a priest but a shaman is much better at controlling spells with grounding and shocks to make sure your rogue can stay on the target longer. Ghost wolf kiting, windfury, and SoE totem are very good at adding damage and controlling their team to play defensive. Priests mana burns are not necessary because the healer will 'burn themselves' trying to heal through your damage.

I've only played this in the lol 2000-2200 (and only like 25 games played), things could get different in the 2400+s though.

Who knows, give it a shot with a priest, it might work.

Okay, you killed the death knight, good job. NIGHTMARE MODE UNLOCKED, KILL HIM AGAIN, YOU HAVE 20% LIFE THIS TIME AND NO COOLDOWNS.

#29 VonLego

VonLego
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aegwynn
  • Vengeance

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:16 AM

Yeah Tai I might try it with heals if you keep doing well. I want to try the engie swap out first. Subterfuge also is experimenting with the spec.

#30 Bailou

Bailou
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:49 AM

I question your choice of gear it's quite the mediocre looking at your gear it clearly says you have access to the very best gear but you're not choosing to use it, why? also your battlegroup must have some proper bad people in the top as well as you're not facing any dps teams according to armory as well which is majorly why it worked out so good nevertheless pretty cool but I can only assume it works this *well* with a shaman healer.

#31 Dynath

Dynath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:28 AM

Yeah well, I'm playing with a pala, it's better than 41/5/25 vs Healer/Dps teams I think, but can be really hard vs rogues or double dps, since you're not as mobile as with prep.
Think it works best with a shammy indeed, and I think I might try 51/7/13 out, 1.30 cloaks can be really bad sometimes, + Dirty Tricks is a pretty neat talent to have.

#32 Cubeh

Cubeh
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

Think I'm gonna try out http://www.wowhead.c...eMoirsIuVo0gZxb tonight. Playing with a priest so I'm not sure if it is worth it, but I'll give it a try.

Did some tests on a target dummy and found out that with this spec I deal about 30% more damage than with the standard 41/5/25 spec.

#33 komodo131

komodo131
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

Think I'm gonna try out http://www.wowhead.c...eMoirsIuVo0gZxb tonight. Playing with a priest so I'm not sure if it is worth it, but I'll give it a try.

Did some tests on a target dummy and found out that with this spec I deal about 30% more damage than with the standard 41/5/25 spec.

3 points into ruthlessness instead of putting them in subt or combat? really?

#34 eizei

eizei
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

Sounds very interesting to say the least. I play a rogue paladin currently in the 2300-2400 bracket for a few weeks now and still kinda on the learning curve. Really eager to test this out, seems like it could be worth a shot. The spec I was thinking was something along these lines: http://www.wowhead.c...eMoirsIuVo0gZxb. Should be doing really high sustained damage.

#35 Cubeh

Cubeh
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:36 AM

Yes, going for max damage. Might try with riposte but it's kinda situational.

#36 Cubeh

Cubeh
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:39 AM

Sounds very interesting to say the least. I'm play a rogue paladin currently in the 2300-2400 bracket for a few weeks now and still kinda on the learning curve. Really eager to test this out, seems like it could be worth a shot. The spec I was thinking was something along these lines: http://www.wowhead.c...eMoirsIuVo0gZxb. Should be doing really high sustained damage.

Think you forgot to press the "Link to this build" ;)

#37 eizei

eizei
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

Think you forgot to press the "Link to this build" ;)

Yes indeed. :(

http://www.wowhead.c...oiroIkVo0gZebob now here's the build. Those talents with 1 point on them I'm not so sure about but the rest looks nice.

E: What the hell, even poor grammar on the last message. What have I been smoking...

#38 Dynath

Dynath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

I'm thinking about this, as UD I don't have any more stealth lvl's and other rogues with Heightened Senses will find me anyway, and Dirty Tricks 2/2 may be better than 1 more stealth lvl, since the extra range probably overweight's the stealth detection range, maybe :P

http://www.wowhead.c...oirsIzVo0gZgbbb

#39 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

I'm thinking about this, as UD I don't have any more stealth lvl's and other rogues with Heightened Senses will find me anyway, and Dirty Tricks 2/2 may be better than 1 more stealth lvl, since the extra range probably overweight's the stealth detection range, maybe :P

http://www.wowhead.c...oirsIzVo0gZgbbb

Why go cut to the chase AND improved SND, should rather take 1/2 imp SND or just go SND glyph instead. Not like you'll have trouble putting it up anyhow, and all you need to do is get a 1cp SND up and evsic for full duration anyhow.

DKs make me lol. It's like a hobo winning the lotto, no one knew of him before he got rich and no one likes them.

#40 eizei

eizei
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

Why go cut to the chase AND improved SND, should rather take 1/2 imp SND or just go SND glyph instead. Not like you'll have trouble putting it up anyhow, and all you need to do is get a 1cp SND up and evsic for full duration anyhow.

Now that's true, should've thought of that. Frees up the one required point to fill dirty tricks for my build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<