#201 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

The reason why i'm using imp kidny shot is, that it do help against paladins aswell... when we are facing a DK / Pally where the DK wont go down i'm swapping to the paladin... he will eventually try to freedom to get away, and it doesn't really matter if he do gets away... when i get to him again his freedom is on CD, and a throw my nuke + engineering stuff into the imp kidny, and that is enough to force bubble / kill him.

Edit: engineering stuff scales with HfB & Imp Kidny shot, so a rocket + a lighting that does 24% more damage can be noticed.

#202 Zakdog

Zakdog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

Final Update
Sunday... the night we planned to see if we could push it... we didn't succed.
A combination of my shaman playing elemental for the last 4-5 days, and with a lack of recent games, caused us to be abit out of shape. after 16 games (with not 1 warlock team), we ended 7 - 9.

Alot of the games we lost, were pretty stupid tho... 4-5 secs away from winning i died, because my shaman went to aggresive. This include our 2 fights agains the rank 1 pally / dk.

The rest of the teams we faced was a combination of feral / pally, hunter / pally and feral / rogue... so 7 - 9 (with 4 loses that should had been wins) isn't that bad tho... But ohh well... gladiator is still gladiator.

Edit: Started at 2545... highest rating we made today was 2570... we finished on 2514.

#203 Blàde

Blàde
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

Alright,I noticed a lot of you guys talk about Priest / Rogue.. Shammy / Rogue... and the occasional Pally / Rogue..

Well my RL friend is a Resto druid...hopefully things will go nicely next patch :) But I'm wondering... Is HfB going to be better then Muti / Prep, the only time resto rogue was addressed was your first thread. I'm just curious because Resto druids don't exactly have burst heals so I'm afraid if I don't have as much utility I won't be able to live as long as I'd like to. Not really sure though never tested out HfB but I'm probably going to for the next week or so in between season 5 / 6.

#204 Squi

Squi
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:46 AM

Thx for idea of the spec.

I managed to 2400 with my sham, but unfrtunately almost no DKs, locks and warrs were playing on higher ratings in our BG. Disc\rogue and mage\rogue, got us down to 2230 again. A big pity tbh, I was lacking like 30 rating for shiny new mount :)

I have a question: how you manage teams like holy pala \ surv hunter? those seems to be dominating us a lot

#205 Loridan

Loridan
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

I haven't gotten to play this spec in an arena setting yet, since patch 3.1 came out today. Dueled my priest a few times, with varying success. Although in no way is dueling a derivative of arena I'm more worried that I'll be an easier target. The damage from what I've seen, when i get it rolling is pretty spectacular.

As for faste's question, I think you'll see alot more druid comps. From the changes I've seen today and most notably the change to lifebloom pop heal, I would expect to see plenty more druid healers running higher ranks. The only real opponent for druids would be a 2 dps, probably mage/rogue or lock/rogue, anything else I wouldn't expect their comps to have much trouble with.

If you do see rogue/druid I would expect HfB rogues sitting on targets and druids piling on well timed hots.

#206 Burning

Burning
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

any1 think this will still be good 3.1

#207 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:28 PM

any1 think this will still be good 3.1

It only got better in 3.1

DKs make me lol. It's like a hobo winning the lotto, no one knew of him before he got rich and no one likes them.

#208 Teagan

Teagan

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

Yuupp 1min duration now and 18% dmg with glyph. cant wait to try it next week with some healz
only losing the removing of bleeds which was just a bonus
Xfire live stream chats- where everyone is 2800 rated

#209 zEck

zEck
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

although absence of shadowfrostdk paladin comps might revive double dps comps to where they should be, I wouldn't be specing it on the first day atleast.
Posted Image

:rogue: :mage:

#210 Teagan

Teagan

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

although absence of shadowfrostdk paladin comps might revive double dps comps to where they should be, I wouldn't be specing it on the first day atleast.

good point. guess i'll get a feel to see if there isnt more double dps teams than usual.
also dual spec ftw if you get too many of either !
Xfire live stream chats- where everyone is 2800 rated

#211 Rathe

Rathe
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:34 PM

Thx for idea of the spec.

I managed to 2400 with my sham, but unfrtunately almost no DKs, locks and warrs were playing on higher ratings in our BG. Disc\rogue and mage\rogue, got us down to 2230 again. A big pity tbh, I was lacking like 30 rating for shiny new mount :)

After 2.3k I would say 95% of teams we met had either a DK or a paladin in, most had both, you probably just got very unlucky with queues.

I have a question: how you manage teams like holy pala \ surv hunter? those seems to be dominating us a lot

This is very map dependant but the best advice I can give vs hunter teams is not to underestimate pillars. If you go behind a pillar you either get a full drink and restealth off (which will often result in them using defensive cooldowns if you get a nice opener), or you get to do serious pressure to his pet while he struggles to pressure you whatsoever.

#212 Nemzz

Nemzz
  • Merker
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

Liking the new HFB, downing healers so much quicker compared to muti/prep in duels.

Heard wow char. names cant be longer than 12 letters. Ok, i admit im a retard, thinking that wow players might use their brain once in a while is unforgivable.
Also heard that people who are playing in good setups are hopelessly BAD.

So im a wotlk hero, yet managed to accomplish more in 4 months than you in your whole wow career,

Rank 2 0 time gladiator who has achieved bigger and better goals in WOW than you

#213 Advizor

Advizor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

hopefully HfB can destroy a druid.. DRUIDS GOING TO BE OP LOLO!
My English skills suxx!

#214 Hewhofails

Hewhofails
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:00 AM

what are people playing in 3.1 hfb wise? lightning reflexes? deeper into sub?

also i'd like to extend a heartfelt welcome to all the random dk/ X/ X teams we fed points to. you're all exceptional players, dont let anyone tell you different

#215 Delaron

Delaron
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

A quick question, Does HfB only work if bleed is on all the time? or does it just have to be a bleed on to get it activated? I know the tooltip says it has to be a bleed activated, but i have the buff even when I dont have bleed on.

#216 Saywat

Saywat
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 1449
  • RBG: 1326

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

A quick question, Does HfB only work if bleed is on all the time? or does it just have to be a bleed on to get it activated? I know the tooltip says it has to be a bleed activated, but i have the buff even when I dont have bleed on.

Only need to have a bleed on to activate it, after that it works for the full duration (1 min)

#217 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

Not like you have good chances vs mage rogue as RP anyway.
I d say they should win every time if they know wtf they are doing.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#218 Loridan

Loridan
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

went 2k today, tried HfB. I got shreded by all the revival rogue/--- dps. We lost 6 in a row w/ my new priest and switched to prep and shreded our way to 2k. I love this spec against healers, but it's just no viable against double dps teams that include rogues and at least on Ruin there seems to be a fair amount of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<