#1 Flizz

Flizz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:56 AM

I'm not really sure how much synergy we have together. I'm not entirely sure how to play this comp really. We're having alot of trouble against any rogue team really. Not really sure if my DK should go after the rogue or the healer. We tried both and its kind of the same but had some luck killing the healer/other guy other than the rogue. If there's any DKs out there that play with a priest feel free to give me some advice. I don't want to let go of my DK for a rogue since he's a good friend.

#2 Xexz

Xexz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

first off, your DK cannot afford to get sapped.
2nd off, save DG for the rogue, if he jumps on your priest, and control him all game.
Like xodd told me, You have to combo fear bombs.

#3 Flizz

Flizz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

how to avoid teh sap from the rogue? he always gets sapped by the rogue vs every rogue team :X

#4 Xexz

Xexz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:21 AM

What me and my priest do is, he puts shield on me, and renew, I pop lichborne and start going for the priest. make sure ur priest is in range and in LoS for the DG when rogue jumps him. If the priest gets sapped get ready to switch into frost presence. And when Lichborne is up, and u see priest cast shackle u better LoS or cancel the lichborne and hopefully u can get a IT on him so ur in combat.

#5 Yur

Yur

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:15 AM

Or, you could do the smart thing, and send your pet in and get in combat that way.

#6 Finkle

Finkle
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

Or, you could do the smart thing, and send your pet in and get in combat that way.

basically yur sums it up, any :priest::rogue: team you should send ur pet in on the priest or pop lichborne running in on the priest(until 3.1 then u can use lichborne to break saps etc), if rogue gets on priest then its basically which dps can kill the priest faster, this is where ur peels on the rogue come in handy, grip through cloak, PS then CoI him
Posted Image

#7 Xexz

Xexz
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Haomarush
  • Stormstrike

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

I did this once and the time it took from where we started (nagrand arena) to the priest, i was sapped... This is obviously without me running in with lichborne. And the priest just shackled my pet.

#8 Vague

Vague
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

I did this once and the time it took from where we started (nagrand arena) to the priest, i was sapped... This is obviously without me running in with lichborne. And the priest just shackled my pet.

Exactly. Any smart priest will kite your pet long enough for the rogue to sap you.

#9 Pagwag

Pagwag
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

Sup with it babycakes. I had the same issue you had with getting sapped and the rogue nuking my priest. I find by sending my pet in, it doesn't change anything. Like you mentioned, either my pet gets shackled or the rogue saps me before it reaches the priest. However, this isn't always the case, and in most maps, like the Dalaran arena, you can put yourself in combat with the priest before getting sapped. I found the easiest way to get into combat is to get mounted, and drop a death and decay in the general area of where the priest is. In most arena maps, you can drop one on the side of a pillar and still hit them with it, putting yourself in combat, and giving you enough time to jog over and get into combat. As far as the match itself is concerned, Don't bother dps'ing the rogue, it doesn't work, atleast for me. Open on the priest, and make sure your priest gives you fear ward. Just as Einhorn said, whoever can kill the priest first wins. When the rogue pops, don't DG right away, the best thing you can do is to stay offensive on the priest while at the same time, defending yours. Easiest way to do this is the following:
#1 Open on the priest without getting sapped (May or may not happen)
#2 Make sure you have fearward
#3 Do not DG right away, wait for the rogue to open, and watch your priests' debuff and DG right as he kidneys, this way your priest can save his trinket for the next kidney.
#4 When you DG the kidney, CoI him to blow his Cos, then have the priest fear as he gets back on him
#5 The rogues priest should be getting low, and he will have dispelled or already feared you to get rid of fear-ward. Watch his HP and make sure you can anticipate the fear, this way you can blow anti magic shell to avoid it. (Need to save trinket for blind)
#6 Unless your priest is about to die, save DG for all kidney shots.
#7 If you haven't killed the priest at this point, you will probably lose, since priest healing is very difficult atm with no poison removal for rogues, and pennance is not self targetable yet, they oom very quickly with flash and GH.

If I left anything out, please let me know, just in a rush to do some homework so i'm trying to give a fast response. I'm happy to see Dk's and priests out there trying, since DK paladin and DK resto shaman is a joke to play imo. GOGO priest DK!
sup im cute.

#10 Kelvng

Kelvng
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

Very good point, it is exactly what we did against :rogue::priest:. I guess I can add in something from priest POV.
1. Stay max distance from the DK (in range of DG), 99% of the time rogue is going to open on me.
2. I usually have bubble renew mending and abolish up. Yes abolish.. just inacse priest spam dispells.
3. drink after buffing yourself.
4. Rogue open and you should survive the first kidney without busting the buuble.
5. after the rogue kidney your dk should DG the rogue.
6. **important** spam dispell the rogue make sure fearward is off, reapply buff if needed.

7. now you have to decide if you can go offensive (assisting your DK dps and dispel other priest's buff) or defensive
8. I usually only have time to put SW:P and DP on the other priest and have to speam heal myself and tank the rogue until my dk's DG is back up. usually after the second kidney I will have to PS myself. if the damage is out of control, PI and start spamming holynova, park our fiend against their priest. start to prey that your dk kill their priest faster than them killing you.

#11 Kelvng

Kelvng
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

oh also, don't bother attacking the rogue.. if dk after rogue and their priest will be free to manaburn you to dry. ;(
my 2 cents GL! :)

#12 Urhiel

Urhiel
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

I'd say a Dk can pressure a Rogue hard enough, so that the Priest is usually too busy healing the Rogue,Offensive Dispelling, Cleansing Diseases or shackling ghoul to be able to burn the priest dry. I'd say it's the other way around actually, save for the Kidney shots. The priest should be hugging a pillar 24/7 anyways.

#13 Kelvng

Kelvng
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

I'd say a Dk can pressure a Rogue hard enough, so that the Priest is usually too busy healing the Rogue,Offensive Dispelling, Cleansing Diseases or shackling ghoul to be able to burn the priest dry. I'd say it's the other way around actually, save for the Kidney shots. The priest should be hugging a pillar 24/7 anyways.

We have tried DK on rogue and it will be an uphill battle becuase their priest doesn't have to heal thru MS and can cast penance or fheal. on the other hand I can only spam instant as well as cripple > BB and CoI. The problem with that is DK has no MS and when rogue on me I cannot cast fheal because of kick, stun, or vanish ->re-open. it will run me dry in the matter of seconds.

#14 Urhiel

Urhiel
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

what you say might be true, but methinks that the longer the match gets and the more cds the rogue uses, the better your chance at winning becomes. I think the problem here is not getting gimped by the opener. Avoiding that, you should usually win i believe. A fear+Gnaw+Strangulate on the priest once the rogue has burned his cloak should net you a kill.

#15 Pagwag

Pagwag
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

No point in concerning yourself with controlling the rogue. He will completely negate all of the DK's CC. Once you DG him, he will cos the first CoI, vanish the second, or sprint through the third with dispel spams from his priest. The only way I have ever beaten this setup, and about 30% of our matches is vs priest / rogue, is by killing the priest. The issue with dps'ing the rogue is, with mut prep spec (Which most rogues are), the 2 evasions, vanishes etc.. with the help of CoI dispels from his priest, the rogue has enough cooldowns to kill your priest even with you on him. The fact of the matter is that wound poison is just too strong, and a priest has absolutely no chance to get a cast off without it being a lucky one. I hate to say it, but when it comes to priest / dk vs priest / rogue, the winner is determined by who the better player is on the dps' part. Can your DK outskill the rogues priest? Or is that rogue just too pro and kills you faster than your DK can nuke the priest? I'm not a pro of any sort, but if you follow my strategy, with the additions made by nining, I'm pretty positive you will see the difference in your win/loss vs priest / rogue.

This may be a help to you with dps rotation. I currently pvp as 10/10/51, and i Dual wield. My rotation for priest / rogue is as follows:

Open with PS, then IT. Get BS up twice for the death runes. Get a good solid 3 Icy touches off, and then BT for a 4th, NOW COMES THE KILL. this priest should be at about 14 or 15k hp. YOU NEED TO kill him now. Pet stun, then drop your Empower rune weapon for all your runes. Icy touch through the 15k HP, and get him to about 10K. Drop anti magic shell to avoid fear, and drop your strangulate right after. The priest is silenced, with 3 dots on him, and 9k HP. I've never had a priest live through a silence at 9k or 10k HP. I'm not sure what burst is like with 2h spec, but as dual wield in arena, I usually pop out around 12-15k damage in those 3 seconds of silence (time rounded because of priest silence reduction talent). Hope that helps. Like I said, just my personal experience.
sup im cute.

#16 Flizz

Flizz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:23 PM

alright, thanks for the replies you guys. I'll let my DK know what you guys said. Thanks for the advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<