#21 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

I'm pretty sure double healer ret paladin rapes DK/Lock/Paladin, they have three fucking dispels. Priests are excellent at dealing with AoE damage, you have two healers to lock out (three really with the Ret), and it's impossible to OOM the other team aside from the Priest.

So yeah, actually you're wrong.

#22 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

I don't think that beating double healer / ret would be hard at all playing DK/Lock/Paladin...

The Warlock could easily stop all the other teams damage by controlling the paladin

or even better the DK/Warlock could gib a healer inbetween strangulate/deathcoil/spell lock while the other healer was Feared

/brainexplodes
I'm pretty much the best thing this game has ever seen.

#23 Superior

Superior
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

I call it shadow cleave.

-I kind of blame myself for the synergy that shadow cleave has due to the tremendous success that the shadowfrost spec has had for death knights

Another huge reason why this comp is so strong is the amount of burst that the ShadowFrost spec that I made can deliver.

That guy.. lol
Blizzard:

if you're hardcore enough for 2k, you can forego raiding for a weapon)

#24 Oomlock

Oomlock
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

Most DK teams I fight the DK just trains my healer while the warlock does his beast to spread some dots and fear people around. It's impossible for a shaman to heal him self with a DK spamming 6k~ dmg on GCD and his team beaing picked apart by dots.

i think thats the main problem.

#25 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:33 PM

WOW a DK did more damage than everyone else in the game combined, I have NEVER SEEN THAT EVER LOL. THE SYNERGY....IT IS TOO BEASTLY!! NERF LOCK/DK/PALLY!!!!!!!!!!!11lolllllllllllll

I'm pretty sure double healer ret paladin rapes DK/Lock/Paladin, they have three fucking dispels. Priests are excellent at dealing with AoE damage, you have two healers to lock out (three really with the Ret), and it's impossible to OOM the other team aside from the Priest.

So yeah, actually you're wrong.

And FYI, priest/pally/ret stands zero chance at beating lock/dk/pally. Sure the lock's pet will be dead the entire game, but they have zero interrupts and zero snares so he's free to UA/fear whomever and whenever he pleases. Unless they're nothing but horrible dot/IT spammers and the paladin goes offensive at proper times, they should have an easy time of it.
:warlock::paladin::warrior::shaman:

#26 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • Locationcurently living in UK (coming from Austria)

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

i would like to know what levidian thinks about it

#27 Kane49

Kane49
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Zirkel des Cenarius
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

I claimed they were fine when I saw the power of Warlocks played with proper support. If you notice about ten or eleven pages back, I made a thread (that was locked by Pyrilus) called 'Warlocks are fine'. They really are. They don't need nerfs or buffs, they are a pretty balanced class right now. With Shadowfrost DK's, they are a bit silly because the primary target has like 324242111 dots on it and eats so much damage it's ridiculous.

Fear needs to break on a less % of damage, Warlock pet survivability needs to be buffed, hellfire combat bug needs to be fixed, and DK's need to be nerfed into the fucking ground.

If the hellfire combat bug is gone, every warlock team using a single healer is going to autoloose against Rogues especeally in 3v3, so before that can happen sap needs to be removeable or completely removed.
SEASON 5 PALADIN DEATHKNIGHT HERO

#28 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

It's the DK more so than the warlock but fear definitely needs some changes.

Fear breaks after 20% of your max health. 24% glyphed. Period.

That's 4-5k damage for a 1.5 second cast, or a reliable 10 second CC when used on a target that isn't being damaged.

Funnily every other class can do 4-5k damage in an instant.

#29 Whiteshadow

Whiteshadow

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

-Warlocks not being able to use Demonic Portal unless it is in LoS come 3.1

Has to be a joke.

Pretend you are in a tunnel and the only way out is through the first thing you tab targeted.

#30 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

I'm fairly sure a warlock could do nothing but cast UA / fear and use pet for CS dispel etc and the comp would still be successful. What the lock brings to the table is an erratic CC that can decide the game because of bad pathing, etc.

People say fear breaks on 20% maximum life but I'm not sure I believe it.

#31 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

Why even bother defending it?

It's a sample size of 10 which contradicts every other statistic in the game. Even the EU top 10 is wildly different.

#32 Orgodemir

Orgodemir
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

If the hellfire combat bug is gone, every warlock team using a single healer is going to autoloose against Rogues especeally in 3v3, so before that can happen sap needs to be removeable or completely removed.

its a shame that no one else sees this. this is pretty much the only reason any lock team has a chance vs rmp. its one of the biggest reasons locks played with druids in tbc, they couldnt get sap while lock gets raped. sap is a stupid mechanic, especially when rogues have such rushdown power on the target they open on + blind + any other dps.

its also retarded that no one sees that its DEATH KNIGHTS that are dominating. the only time a lock can even come close to a dks damage is on a map where they can pretty much freecast with no interrupts. of course there are some oddball matches, but thats how it works.

about fear...
some people dont understand it breaks after 20%. the problem is that the first couple of dot ticks wont hit the damage cap but then a icy touch and a haunt will land as the next dot ticks come around combined with a silence/deathcoil/whatever and itll be a ton of damage that all lans as fear breaks.

and of course no 226ilvl stuff helps locks. they are pretty much the only class that would consider a perfect gear setup one that is comprised of all pvp gear.

#33 Yes

Yes
  • Administrators
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

Here, let me upload a fraps of a game vs nekosz' team. The dk ends up doing 3x the damage --- serennia is on crack.

#34 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

I played Nekosz team on a mirror My DK is retarded and wasn't training Nekos yet he only outdamaged me by like 40k damage but but the DK tripled Nekos' damage oh my DK did the same damage but was wailing on plate teh whole time.

#35 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

dks aoeing down teams with random fears/UAs is just pretty gay.

#36 Yes

Yes
  • Administrators
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

Yeah let me finish uploading it.

#37 Triumvirate

Triumvirate
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

On a random note, inb4 tools start calling that comp shadowcleave

it was called shadowcleave well before he wrote that blog, don't worry. he's just trying to take credit for it.

#38 Tattertotts

Tattertotts
  • Premium Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

Warlocks not being able to use Demonic Portal unless it is in LoS come 3.1 will also hurt the survivability of warlocks in this comp when being trained.

lolwut? It's already hard enough to stay within 40 yards of the thing (when not in an arena environment anyways), much less in LoS of it. That basically kills a massive amount of it's usefulness.

#39 Yes

Yes
  • Administrators
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

two games: one win one loss
http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

I used an extra gcd at the second game to hot warlock, should have prehotted myself but the hot would have been removed anyway:< what makes me angry is I saw the switch on me, ran away -- but still died.

#40 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Sap should have a 6 second PvP duration.

dks aoeing down teams with random fears/UAs is just pretty gay.

Price you pay for having a triple dispel. Shaman/Priests can both cleanse with impunity.
화이팅

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<