#1 Leafy

Leafy
  • Leafy
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:07 PM

Hi, this is an interesting article by Serennia about warlocks and TR. Brings up some interesting points about warlocks.

http://wowriot.gamer...r-Shadow-Cleave

Druids were not weak in S5

Druids weren't weak in s5 at all, some people realized how to play them and beat dk teams, some didn't.

#2 Thunderace

Thunderace
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

There are nerfs to the class already and as long as damage goes up the way it always has during a season esp. for melees because every lock should be close to resil capped come Season 6 I feel like his opinion isn't true at all.

True other classes are getting dmg nerfs but we need to see how they turn out first, take a ret pally for example who can 2 shot (And I mean 2shot) a warlock pet still and that class isn't getting any nerfs.

And I'm a Holydin.

#3 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

It's hilarious how he lays claim to every trend and idea after it's already been established.

#4 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

-Warlocks not being able to use Demonic Portal unless it is in LoS come 3.1 will also hurt the survivability of warlocks in this comp when being trained.

wut?
I'm pretty much the best thing this game has ever seen.

#5 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

look at his screen shot of the 3v3. The lock did the same amount of damage as the rogue, while serennia managed to 2x the other teams damage. Yea, the warlock made that situation op.

#6 Rotron

Rotron
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

-Warlocks not being able to use Demonic Portal unless it is in LoS come 3.1 will also hurt the survivability of warlocks in this comp when being trained.

This would make this spell pretty bad

#7 kungenrogue

kungenrogue
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Well what he said wasn't that the warlocks damage itself was overpowered, he claryfied that the warlock spam fears to get a lucky RNG fear, then that the DK finish his job with a UA up on their primar target.

He suggest that fear should break at a certain % dmg taken which i fully agree too. Fear is like a hex, that dont break on damage.
It's ridicolous.

#8 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

serennia also said that DK's needed more nerfs then 3.1 was bringing, and he himself wrote "lol balanced" at his own numbers.

The entire point of his post is that fear needs to break on a % dmg, and that locks don't really need damage buffs. Locks havent gotten any buffs in 3.1, and fear SHOULD break on a % dmg.

Personally i think locks are fine, fear could use a wee nerf to break on damage instead of being totally RNG with the possibility of going from 100-0 inside one fear. Everything else about locks is balanced, dk's need nerfs though;D

DKs make me lol. It's like a hobo winning the lotto, no one knew of him before he got rich and no one likes them.

#9 domino

domino
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Magtheridon
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

True other classes are getting dmg nerfs but we need to see how they turn out first, take a ret pally for example who can 2 shot (And I mean 2shot) a warlock pet still and that class isn't getting any nerfs.

I can do good dmg vs those pets agree, but 2shot? Srsly, play a class before you say something about it, judgement crit is about 5k max, crusader strike max is 4k, and maybe 3k white crit. If all crit and the warlock is standing next to the pet not fearing me or health funneling his pet I still wouldnt have it killed.

#10 Inory

Inory
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

I find it pretty obvious that alot of the problem is with the DK, considering it's the DK that out dmgs the whole team. The dmg a shadowfrost DK can do + a CC that can work through dots (fear) makes the comp OP because the DK can just spread diseases while not care about CC at all.

#11 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

I'm sure no lock high rated, in the history of this game (YES THE ENTIRE EXISTENCE OF THIS F*** GAME) has ever spammed fear to get a good rng pathing.

eh

I've lost games due to fear pathing me around obstacles back into LoS and stuff, that's probably what he was trying to say.

#12 Reficulo

Reficulo
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

Even Serennia, who hasn't had credibility for a very long time, prefaces his entire article with "lol it's cuz there's no 25 man weapons".

Warlocks are strong on TR. No one disagrees. Warlocks might be great in Warcraft Seven too. For the sake of long-term balancing, however, Blizzard needs to be focused on where 99.9% of their population plays: Live.

Good lord every paragraph in that entire article could be paraphrased with "/tar Serennia's back, /pat".

Btw, what did I miss, they're adding LoS requirement for portal? I haven't heard anything about that.
Posted Image

#13 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

I claimed they were fine when I saw the power of Warlocks played with proper support. If you notice about ten or eleven pages back, I made a thread (that was locked by Pyrilus) called 'Warlocks are fine'. They really are. They don't need nerfs or buffs, they are a pretty balanced class right now. With Shadowfrost DK's, they are a bit silly because the primary target has like 324242111 dots on it and eats so much damage it's ridiculous.

Fear needs to break on a less % of damage, Warlock pet survivability needs to be buffed, hellfire combat bug needs to be fixed, and DK's need to be nerfed into the fucking ground.

#14 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

The entire point of his post is that fear needs to break on a % dmg, and that locks don't really need damage buffs. Locks havent gotten any buffs in 3.1, and fear SHOULD break on a % dmg.

Fear does break on a percentage of damage done...
/headdesk

#15 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

There is a multitude of reason why that blog is utterly retarded, not to mention not even factoring EU/Kr (or any other) ladder. Don't even get me started about him stroking his epeen about making l/dk/p viable because of the spec he "invented".

On a random note, inb4 tools start calling that comp shadowcleave

#16 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

every class is fine with a dk in your team. i don't get his point, he claims we do to much damage while he posts screenshots where he does 4 times the damage of his lock

#17 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

It's the DK more so than the warlock but fear definitely needs some changes.

Most DK teams I fight the DK just trains my healer while the warlock does his beast to spread some dots and fear people around. It's impossible for a shaman to heal him self with a DK spamming 6k~ dmg on GCD and his team beaing picked apart by dots.

A SV hunter getting out damaged when not being attacked and getting to spam shots including steady and proc LNL on trap CD should be pretty much impossible right now on live but a DK can do it.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#18 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

Does fear not break on 20% of hp anymore or am I missing something?
"Love should be put into action!"
screamed the old hermit.
Across the pond an echo
tried and tried to confirm it.

#19 Aneraxium

Aneraxium
  • Recneps
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

Does fear not break on 20% of hp anymore or am I missing something?

It does
just some of the people posting are idiots <3

#20 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

I kind of blame myself for the synergy that shadow cleave has due to the tremendous success that the shadowfrost spec has had for death knights

and you can see why many locks spam fear for the sole purpose of trying to get a good RNG pathing on it

Even in its current state, there are a few notable counters to shadow cleave: PMR, double healer retribution paladin, and horde paladin/rogue/feral druid to name a few. I feel all 3 of these comps and possibly more (feel free to post your ideas on this) can easily win games vs. shadow cleave, some taking even less skill than SC does.

LOL

All these gems i quoted, yea, please keep taking his blog seriously. BUT HEY GUIZ, HE BRINGZ UP SOM GOOD POINTs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<