Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 18:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

General class role concerns, or DK arena whine

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 Tremos

Tremos
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

the only real CC death knights have is hungering cold

:confused:

Strangulate? Mind freeze? Gnaw?

CC doesn't necessarily need to be something which causes complete loss of control. Interrupts, stuns and silences are considered CC.
Formerly Tremos of Gorefiend US & Twilights Hammer EU
S1 + S3 Glad; both warriors shelved
Human DK inc @ Stormscale EU
Fourth warrior INC!

#82 Purie2

Purie2
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

DKs are disgusting atm.
WTB proper cc and snare
WTS half of my damage.

Say hi to new rogues.

Ok first of all. If we look at the other classes in arenas. Actually I have to agree in some points but heavily disagree in others. Let's take a warlock for example. He will spam all his fucking dots on al ltarget and spam fear till someone dies? IF you actually meet warlocks in arenas you will notice whoever won the match they did closely same dmg than the dk? What's the difference? They are in cloth and we're in plate. They can cc we cant. Huh? Lets take hunter. You will mostly see they will be mostly like half of the dmg that the dk did? Oh yeah yippidoo you call it skil lhaving mortal effect on 1 target and spamming sleeping shot / scatter shot focus macro on the healer ? Im not saying dk's are "fine" they need tuning and i'd be gladgly to see them wiping shadowfrost out of the planet. The thing is there's these fucking imba setups also not just shadowfrost dk. shadowfrost+hpally vs surv hunter/hpally. Who will win? who? it surely won't be the fucking dk. Good druid retri pala? wtf?`! in 3v3 boomkin ele shammy pala. Go fucking try against setup like that and u explode in 0.0001 second and ask again what burst. THe thing is There's like billion things to be tuned one of them is shadowfrost. the thing is actually if u really try to play rogue or fucking shaman or something else it doesn't matter they're all fcking eaz modes. go fucking play fps games if u guys need challenge. Im fine against bashing my head against wall vs other imba teams. And yeah there's actually some good druids left that actually get to rank 1. and yeah this is gonna be whine post. Nerf shadowfrost and nerf everything else down to 10hp and make everyone naked and everyone should be having club that does 1dmg per hit. NO MORE RANDOMNESS FOR FUCK SAKE! oh wait.. just go play cs and fall in the hands of cheaters.

#83 Purie2

Purie2
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

:confused:

Strangulate? Mind freeze? Gnaw?

CC doesn't necessarily need to be something which causes complete loss of control. Interrupts, stuns and silences are considered CC.

interrupts and silences are considered as interrupts and silence.

#84 Tremos

Tremos
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:17 AM

Purie
Outland
EU-Misery
Spec: 0/21/50

Ain't gonna bother.
Formerly Tremos of Gorefiend US & Twilights Hammer EU
S1 + S3 Glad; both warriors shelved
Human DK inc @ Stormscale EU
Fourth warrior INC!

#85 Outkastdjinn

Outkastdjinn
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

So....NOW can we let this thread die?
Season 4: Peaked @ 2,108:warlock::paladin:
Season 5: Peaked @ 2,477:deathknight::paladin:

#86 Ulali

Ulali
  • Ulaliwuhn
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Bonechewer
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:50 AM

Purie
Outland
EU-Misery
Spec: 0/21/50

Ain't gonna bother.

Tremos
Twilight's Hammer
EU-Blackout
Spec: 10/51/0

aint gonna bother

#87 Daliann

Daliann
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

Come cry about broken CC, peeling, and RNG after your roll a Ret pally. All of our CC is dispelable, no MS, not reliable burst, and we dont even have peels.

#88 Ulali

Ulali
  • Ulaliwuhn
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Bonechewer
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:15 AM

Come cry about broken CC, peeling, and RNG after your roll a Ret pally. All of our CC is dispelable, no MS, not reliable burst, and we dont even have peels.

reliable burst? u have wings one of the best dps cds there is. And who cares if ur cc is dispellable just use it on the dispeller....

#89 Outkastdjinn

Outkastdjinn
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:23 AM

"OMFG HERE IS PROOF ROGUES ARE OP TOO. Let me make an infinitely long series of posts about how I just CANT seem to beat them either!"

STFU Anyone can win easily in PvP. Skip to time 5:01 and watch him use 2 buttons and beat they oh so unbeatable death knight.

QQ about rogues now. GO!
Season 4: Peaked @ 2,108:warlock::paladin:
Season 5: Peaked @ 2,477:deathknight::paladin:

#90 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:46 AM

"OMFG HERE IS PROOF ROGUES ARE OP TOO. Let me make an infinitely long series of posts about how I just CANT seem to beat them either!"

STFU Anyone can win easily in PvP. Skip to time 5:01 and watch him use 2 buttons and beat they oh so unbeatable death knight.

QQ about rogues now. GO!

are you really trying to make an argument that rogues are more overpowered that dks based upon a video of a rogue fighting complete retards? And complete retards in pve gear no less.

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#91 Samurro

Samurro
  • Junkies

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

I've only read the first post, so if I repeat something already mentioned, I am sorry.

First, I totaly agree with the Author of this thread. But I would distinguish a bit more between the whole DK class beeing op and the only real PvP specc currently available namely Shadowfrost.

Shadowfrost morphs the DK from a melee class to a caster class with melee skills which are not really needed. And i totally dislike this progression.

But with 3.1 there are enough changes to Shadowfrost, so nobody can really tell if this specc will be viable anymore.

For the to high damage output a DK can do, I have to ask, if we don't do as much damage, how should we kill any class teamed with a healer? We have no MS effect, we have no stunlock (as you mentioned). Our only way to kill a target against a healer is to time our CDs (strangulate, ghoul stun, ERW, Garg) to kill the target through the heals.
Frost since Season 5.

#92 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

For the to high damage output a DK can do, I have to ask, if we don't do as much damage, how should we kill any class teamed with a healer? We have no MS effect, we have no stunlock (as you mentioned). Our only way to kill a target against a healer is to time our CDs (strangulate, ghoul stun, ERW, Garg) to kill the target through the heals.

you're looking at this in terms of black and white. It doesn't simply go from "i can gib this healer consistently" to "this healer is absolutely unkillable" without substantial nerfs.

and of course the idea should be that you need to use your cooldowns intelligently to get a kill - is that wrong?

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#93 Samurro

Samurro
  • Junkies

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

you're looking at this in terms of black and white. It doesn't simply go from "i can gib this healer consistently" to "this healer is absolutely unkillable" without substantial nerfs.

and of course the idea should be that you need to use your cooldowns intelligently to get a kill - is that wrong?

These nerfs are already incoming with 3.1. A DK forced to get meleerange to do damage is a big fucking NERF. (which i really like).

For sure it's right to time your CD's to get a Kill, but you miss the point that we have to use some of those CDs for the defensive!

But i don't want to discuss this arena season anymore, because everybody who plays at a certain arena level knows that it's totally fucked up. And NO its not only because of Pala/DK. Look at Hunter/WL/Gnomish Lightning Gen./Dalaran Sewers/Ogrimmar Arena etc.
Frost since Season 5.

#94 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:43 AM

These nerfs are already incoming with 3.1. A DK forced to get meleerange to do damage is a big fucking NERF. (which i really like).

For sure it's right to time your CD's to get a Kill, but you miss the point that we have to use some of those CDs for the defensive!

But i don't want to discuss this arena season anymore, because everybody who plays at a certain arena level knows that it's totally fucked up. And NO its not only because of Pala/DK. Look at Hunter/WL/Gnomish Lightning Gen./Dalaran Sewers/Ogrimmar Arena etc.

Every class has to make choices about whether to use certain cds defensively or offensively. You should be happy that yours are available as much as they are.

#95 Bravehearth

Bravehearth
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents:
  • LocationINTERNETS TUBES

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

/agree...

Also, I hate it that to get to the top as a DK in 2s is to just run with a paladin, which there is no good ones on my server so I'm fucked.. Because clearly shaman/DK works to the top when there is pally/hunter raping everything.
I am INTERNETSLIVE!

#96 Inzil

Inzil
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

EU-Ruin

lol
Posted Image