Photo

Hpal/Dk vs Hunter/pally- need help please!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Donkeykonng

Donkeykonng
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:04 AM

Making the pally bubble is np most of the time pretty early

but usually soon after the pally bubble im dead

i use my defensive CD's when my pallys CC'd

When i go back on the pally after the bubble i usually cant make a kill in the time freedom is on me for, and soon as the freedoms off me (often dispelled instantly from the hunter) then the pally just dances in frost trap where i get entrapment spammed and if i even get close i just get scatter shotted..

honestly half the pallies in these hunter/pally teams would be stuck in the 1700 rating with any other partner besides a hunter

ive read about the plan where u make him bubble then play defensivly and LOS untill gargolyes back up but by that time forbarence is off the pally and he can bop himself making it hard for me to get said kill again so i cant rly wait for the secon gargoyle

im basicly at a complete loss for what to do after the pally bubbles, the only wins we get are when i kill the pally so hard he cant bubble, or if they just suck or get shitty rng etc

any pros care to please share their secrets?

#2 Dunsparrow

Dunsparrow
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:24 AM

You should farm this team.

Sorry about smartass post, I'm doing arenas and tabbing to this.

Basically, you shouldnt be trying to kill the paladin. If you're on the hunter, it dramatically lowers his damage on you, so he's who you should focus on.

Just keeep your pet and diseases on the paladin and wait for the hunter to get low basically. Any time the hunter gets away from you, see if you can do a hard switch on the paly to force a bubble/kill but dont stay for long, always go back to the hunter.

I would say about half the games I win against this team, I win by killing the hunter during a hoj/strang on paly.

#3 evenn

evenn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:53 AM

i kill paladins in that team, and typically win. I sit on hunter and force freedom, then do a double stun strang kill on pally

#4 ktimekiller

ktimekiller
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:57 AM

I CC pally and kill hunter lol

#5 Kyites

Kyites
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:04 AM

Gonna have to agree with rng on this one. Also make sure you're using Fire resist aura and throwing on frost prescence.

#6 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:15 AM

i kill paladins in that team, and typically win. I sit on hunter and force freedom, then do a double stun strang kill on pally

Was about to say the same thing.

Between disengage, master's call, freedom, 2x frost trap, you'll never be able to muscle out a kill on a good hunter.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#7 Sykoh

Sykoh
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1648
  • 3v3: 1989
  • RBG: 1717

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:18 AM

it can get annoying with the frost trap COVERING THE WHOLE GODAMN MAP. but in essence, play it like a rogue team, get a freedom and pop icebound so you do not get stunned CC'ed and get the pallies freedom off with blood boil slows and coi. then HAMMER THE MOFUCKA or Gnaw, then try to blow him up there. use your gargoyle and ERW for round 2.

#8 Donkeykonng

Donkeykonng
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:39 AM

I can basicly make the pally bubble hoj stun pet stun strangulate and the dmg in between basicly right away for the most part

after that im pretty much dead tho like low HP and a MS debuff on me my pally struggles and if hes already blown sacrific on me to avoid a wyvern sting like pretty soon after he'll get into another one and i basicly die while hes in wyvern sting

like i try to get back on the pally but i have no strangulate no pet stun right away no hoj stun sometiems i waste gargoyle getting him to bubble, basicly i waste most of my offensive CD's making him bubble so when it comes time to killing him i got nothing left and all my covering buffs are gone so freedom basicly gets arcaneshot dispelled right away same with sacrifices

i usually make the pally bubble while im in unholy pressence then switch to frost to allow my pally to try to recover my hp back up but yea i already explained what happens, i just die.
Are u guys suggesting i go frost pres soon as the gates open even tho its probly gonna be harder to get the pally to bubble/ possibly he wont have to bubble and ill waste a bunch of CD's and basicly lose the game?

after he bubbles and uve wasted CD's making him bubble, whats do u do immedietly after? and soon as bubble ends do u hop back on the pally and try to kill him?- cuz thats what i try to do when i dont jut get raped but i cant make the kill becuase of freedom getting dispelled and the pally just dances in frosttrap entrapment spams me with tnt stuns and ofcrouse scatter shot if i happen to get the pally to 30% life ill just get scatter shotted and the pally will run 10 yards away through the frost trap which might aswell be 50 yards if i have to walk over to get back on him. wtf do i do?!

#9 Donkeykonng

Donkeykonng
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:41 AM

i was typing that as sykoh replied, ill try saving those for round 2 and see how that goes, i basicly try to do what u described but yea ill keep trying

thanks

#10 Donkeykonng

Donkeykonng
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:44 AM

frostpressence soon as the gates open yes or no?

#11 Hornyixlol

Hornyixlol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

Two bursts on the pal and he should die.
You need some assist from your paladin.

#12 Samurro

Samurro
  • Junkies

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:28 AM

I have exactly the same problem. But only against on specific hunter, ALL other Hunter teams was retarded but still we could win. But this asshole of hunter just killed me 10 sek after the match began while i bursted his pally into the bubble. And no i was not using Blood Presence.

I am sure that going onto the pally is totaly wrong, because the hunter can nuke you very hard then.

@Dunsparrow
You are playing on 2k as a DK and writing something like "you should farm them"? It's a bit ridiculous dont you think so?
Frost since Season 5.

#13 Dunsparrow

Dunsparrow
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

@Dunsparrow
You are playing on 2k as a DK and writing something like "you should farm them"? It's a bit ridiculous dont you think so?

Not at all. If we ran into more teams of this comp I would be much higher rating. I know it can be confusing to imagine that there are more teams than hunter/pally out there, but there are.

BTW, your strategy is retarded. You're not gonna beat a competent hunter/paly by tunneling the paly. It's a bit ridiculous dont you think so?

We have lost maybe 2/25 games against this comp and my strat is always to do spread damage while sticking the hunter and just wait for the right time to burst someone. The time always comes eventually. It can be a very long game if they are super defensive but if you just tunnel the paly and let the hunter lay into you, thats a loss.

#14 hypermode

hypermode
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

Not at all. If we ran into more teams of this comp I would be much higher rating. I know it can be confusing to imagine that there are more teams than hunter/pally out there, but there are.

BTW, your strategy is retarded. You're not gonna beat a competent hunter/paly by tunneling the paly. It's a bit ridiculous dont you think so?

We have lost maybe 2/25 games against this comp and my strat is always to do spread damage while sticking the hunter and just wait for the right time to burst someone. The time always comes eventually. It can be a very long game if they are super defensive but if you just tunnel the paly and let the hunter lay into you, thats a loss.

I don't want to be an ass and rather not pull the class card against anyone, but you do know you are playing a dk-hpal combo on 2050 rating with the best weapon in-game and only 5 more wins then losses and your acting like a complete smartass to every 2300+ player telling them to l2p and being a complete jerk to them?

#15 Vashavi

Vashavi
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

I hate to agree with hypermode.

#16 Socio

Socio
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

By the looks of your armory you're 9-1 against Hunter/Pally across 3 teams. On the other hand, you're 7-15 against DK/Pally mirrors across like 7 teams, I didn't count them all. (+3 losses to DK/Priest) Of your 7 wins against mirrors, 4 were the same team. I think this shows the possibility of some teams of a specific comp just being flat out better players than other teams of the same comp, no? So no, the time doesn't "always come eventually". There are some Hunter/Pallies that some of the people in this thread have played that maybe just might be better than the ones you've fought. Just like that one DK/Pally team you 4-0'd, then managed to only scrape up 3 wins in 18 other games. :)

#17 Brokenwings

Brokenwings
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

I have had the most success hugging the hunter and ccing pally. I noticed gargoyle damage goes threw deterence, but I need to test to confirm.

#18 Socio

Socio
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

Gonna have to agree with rng on this one. Also make sure you're using Fire resist aura and throwing on frost prescence.

^

There are of course differences in various things like your paladin's spec, and the other team's playstyle (aggressive, super-defensive, etc) but that's generally what has worked best for me.

#19 Wyna

Wyna
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

What i normaly do is Hug hunter 'till the :paladin: Blows his Hand of Freedom on the hunter, then i will do a switch onto the Paladin with a Hammer from my Paladin, Ghoul Stun, Silence Etc.
This normally force their pala to bubble, once this is done, its userly rinse and repeat for me.
I know its not the best explination but it does work about 80%+ of the time.

Best of luck <3.

#20 Samurro

Samurro
  • Junkies

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

my strat is always to do spread damage while sticking the hunter

How the hell do you spread damage between targets? Don't tell me that enemy Hunter is cuddling with his Paladin. Beside everything said after my last post, this is ridiculous.

And believe me we fought that Hunter Team more then just once, and we didn't stand a chance with neither tactic.
Tunneling the hunter results in a very long match, but enemy Paladin can just get his manareg on because you can't burst the hunter down, while he kites you perfectly through his frost trap and times his defensive cds very well. For example every time i get in melee rang, he always uses feign death which cost me aprox. a second to re target him, after that i get a scatter or stun or what ever and again I am slowed while he nukes me like hell.
Frost since Season 5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<