• Curse Sites
Help

tip: squeez an extra 1-2k mana from evocation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Amplefroth

Amplefroth

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:50 AM

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but find/buy a green staff that has only spirit on it. For some reason i have held onto my soulkeeper for over 2 years and i am now using that, which only has like 29 spirit, while a green lvl 70 staff can probably reach up to 70+ spirit. When you go oom and get the chance to evocate, switch staves, i'm not positive if it triggers the GCD, but you can easily equip it as you are running in route to an area safe for evocating.
you can still do this after the 'no more gear swapping in arenas' nerf being that you can still change items that you can otherwise change in-combat (weapons/ranged).
the extra spirit boosts the amount of mana you get back by a lot. With just 30 or so extra spirit i can get aroun 900-1000 more mana from an evocate. Its a simple solution to any QQers that complain blizzard has taken off spirit from mage gear, thus making evocation practically useless.
Once you have finished your evo, switch back to your old staff/MH/OH and get back into the fight with a nice big chunk of mana. The only possible downside to this if you are at full health. Being that the S2 staff has 55 stam (i think), if i were at full HP, switching to my full spirit staff means i will lose 550 health when i re-equip my S2 staff. If you are at full health, that means you aren't being focus fired, so that extra health you lost shouldn't even matter nearly as much as that extra mana you get.

if you really want to go overboard get the lvl 60 spirit enchant

#2 Ike

Ike
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:31 PM

if you use itemrack you can actually enable it to automatically switch your wand/weapon on the beginning of an evocation cast, and it'll switch back to your usual weapon setup once the cast is finished. I initially did this for PvE, but the difference is extremely noticeable in lengthy arena battles (typically 5v5's).

#3 justin_12

justin_12
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ursin
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

I tend to run with the least amount of mods I possibly can, is there a macro that can do this for you over having a mod swap gear?

#4 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

Macro:
/cast Evocation
/equip Spirit Weapon
/equip Spirit Offhand
/equip Spirit Wand

Then when Evocation ends, you need another macro:

/equip Normal Weapon
/equip Normal Offhand
/equip Normal Wand

I believe that is how it works.

EDIT: Switched order thanks to below post.

#5 Harmann

Harmann
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

If you want to avoid the 1.5s GCD that it activates...

/cast Evocation
/equip Spirit

You can swap weapons during casting/channeling times without a penalty. Just need confirmation as to whether or not Evocation performs a check based on your current gear at the time of cast (like DoTs) or if it simply checks every tick.

#6 Mogran

Mogran
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

Harmann said:

If you want to avoid the 1.5s GCD that it activates...

/cast Evocation
/equip Spirit

You can swap weapons during casting/channeling times without a penalty. Just need confirmation as to whether or not Evocation performs a check based on your current gear at the time of cast (like DoTs) or if it simply checks every tick.

It isn't a 'dot', it just increases regeneration by 1500%. Equipping spirit weapons during an evocate will net you a nice amount of mana back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<