• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

pve aoe ;/ maybe situantional pvp aoe

Unless they give AoE trash A LOT more life, BB will still be weak. Right now, in big trash packs, I drop DnD, 2 diseases on a mob with high health, then pestilence-if the mobs are still alive, I MIGHT get in a few blood boils (when runes start coming back up).

On the PTR, to get the max effect from Blood Boil, you still need diseases up-which means you'll have to DnD, PS, IT, pestilence-THEN, if the trash is still alive, you can start blood boiling. You can do it before diseases, but at reduced damage. I'm guessing that the damage from the new BB on the PTR won't be substantially more than than pestilence+BB on live right now-simply because of the time it takes to DnD, throw up diseases, hit pestilence, and have enough runes to spam blood boil.

I'm guessing this change, along with adding desecration to SS is being done to encourage people to rely upon desecration and chillblains rather than blood boil.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#23 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

Pretty lame change. I wish they'd make CoI stronger against pallies and priests, and worse against everyone else.

Like someone else said, it's either amazing, or worthless =/

you're all subconsciously racists. hunters are fine.

#24 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

What really chaps my ass about this change is that, in the very same PTR build, hunters are getting a 5s daze added to Chimera/multishots added via concussive barrage-with Chimera being a 9s CD via glyph-that's an auto-snare for 5 out of 9 seconds on a target.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#25 Jason

Jason
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

I'm really not looking forward to playing a dk after this. Probably have to end up going the even more mindless Blood spec, depending how they finish DRW.

Also don't agree that Blood Boil was at all OP.. playing from multiple classes point of views. Death knights were OP as fuck in every bracket, but this isn't the correct way to fix it. Just about every other class has a more reliable slow. The only reason dks had no trouble staying on a target was because of two different slows, to be used in different situations. I expect that decent pallys are going to be 100% impossible to kill after this change.
Posted Image

#26 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

ridiculous change. DKs need some tuning for sure, but removing the glyph is an enormous nerf.

#27 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

Well, since I'm blood, I am more then happy about them removing the snare from BB and giving it to HS. Making it possible to snare 2 possible targets ( maybe? Since HS cleaves ) and not require diseases.

Its like mixing Hamstring + Mortal Strike + Cleave into one ( minus the healing debuff ), any true blood DK should be very happy :P

#28 Aqueous

Aqueous
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

Retarded decision, especially since I reckon Blizzard think its fine due to their addition of Scourge Strike to Desecration. News flash: People are often out of Desecration's radius before the damn thing has even spread due to:

A) Its centre point being decided by the Death Knight's position rather than the target's.

B) Taking too long to spread out to full size.

C) Its size nerf on PTR.

It's completely the wrong way to nerf DKs. If they wanted to make HStrike snare so that Blood didn't feel forced to spec Endless Winter, fine, but that doesn't mean you need to remove Glyph of Blood Boil. Replacing the utility onto Heart Strike instead of Blood Boil actually makes me wonder if they thought Blood DKs were the one using the BB Glyph lol.

If they want to make Desecration Unholy's snare effect then they've got a lot of work to do on improving the effect. Glyph of Blood Boil basically provided Unholy with a fully viable snare as having to use CoI every time you want to snare basically means you might aswell take Scourge Strike off your bar.

It was something to use in extreme situations where a powerful snare was needed above all else, and ONLY in those situations.

#29 jones_

jones_
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

Endless Winter is still a talent most blood DKs will want.

#30 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1027
  • RBG: 1708
  • LocationCold North

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

I think people are exaggerating completely. Some nerfs were definitely required, I'm running around with three big snares now - Static ground snare, 30 yard ranged undispellable snare and coi wich feels like an improved Hamstring. I don't think changing one of them is the end of the death knight. I'm very happy about them reversing the change to crit bonus damage talents though. Burst is vital:-)

#31 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

Probably going blood once I get a better weapon now.
Posted Image

#32 Deccard

Deccard
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Die Silberne Hand
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:38 PM

Good change. Now desecration needs to spawn faster and chillblains need to be physical.

#33 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

At least it opens up more glyph choices!

#34 Pobzy

Pobzy
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

Probably going blood once I get a better weapon now.

I'm on the same boat. Just waiting for next wednesday so I can get the deadly wep.

#35 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

Why is everyone talking about abandoning unholy? From what I can tell, they've only buffed Unholy damage in this patch, so it should be as disgusting as ever.

Am I missing something, or is it just one of those bandwagon things? Every DK being blood would be awesome, we'd win every game.

#36 Pobzy

Pobzy
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

Why is everyone talking about abandoning unholy? From what I can tell, they've only buffed Unholy damage in this patch, so it should be as disgusting as ever.

Am I missing something, or is it just one of those bandwagon things? Every DK being blood would be awesome, we'd win every game.

Unholy will still be great.

It's just that blood and frost will be on par with Unholy, and some of us are really bored playing that spec (or variations of that spec) and are glad to try something new for a change.

#37 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

blood will be more boring, I guarantee it

#38 Yur

Yur

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

I think people are exaggerating completely. Some nerfs were definitely required, I'm running around with three big snares now - Static ground snare, 30 yard ranged undispellable snare and coi wich feels like an improved Hamstring. I don't think changing one of them is the end of the death knight. I'm very happy about them reversing the change to crit bonus damage talents though. Burst is vital:-)

How could you say any of this is an exaggeration: BB, up to this point, has been our ONLY reliable snare. Chilblains, shit; CoI, good but ruins any dps; desecration, lol.

No one has said this is the end of the DK, it's just a stupid nerf which is going to pigeon-hole most of us into blood or frost, negating any chance of UH being viable in pvp vs priests/paladins.

I like your comment BURST IS VITAL: Thanks for supporting the masses of dks that make the good dks look bad.

#39 Strig

Strig
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

I think it's retarded that a melee class doesn't have a reliable snare for all specs and no col isn't reliable vs paladins/priests not to mention it affects our dmg output a lot.

I guess we can all give feedback about this change on the PTR forum and hope they revert it or give us a new RELIABLE snare.

#40 Rich

Rich
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

This is retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<