#122 Exiledshmoo

Exiledshmoo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

The only issue with RMP is how they enable each other.

The priest works well on the run, playing offensively. The priest does a poor job when they have to sit there and crank out a lot of heals.

The rogue locks down a target while simultaneously putting out pressure. The rogue can be peeled rather easily by opposing team mates.

The mage needs setup time to dish out the damage. The mage is susceptible to los, dispel spam, and a melee train with dispel support.

If you are able to continually disrupt them, then the comp is really weak and you can keep control.

The problem is once the ball gets rolling, its very hard to stop that momentum. The rogue locks down a target and puts out pressure. The incoming pressure for the RMP team is low allowing the priest to focus on playing offensively and allowing the mage to cc and set up. The mage prevents the rogue from being peeled by melee and the priest keeps the rogue dispelled.

Prevent the momentum and its easily dealt with. The problem is all their cc can be instant cast, depending on specs their mobility is high, and they have so much utility. They have excellent ability to switch at the drop of a hat too.

Man o man that comp was always fun to fight back in TBC as a Druid.

#123 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

imo blizz should look at dk/holy synergy before looking into RMP

What synergy ? healer with endless mana+ dps with ridiculous damage ,peeling and survivability ?

There is no synergy here,both classes are flat out overpowered in any way you look at them.

Edit: from a warrior pov rmp needs : Something on mage control/survivability.The current state is just ridiculous.The mage can just ignore me and frostbites/nova procs are passively ccing me.

Arcane mages are almost just as shitty as frost for me,but frost mages really need to get a second look at.

Rogues just put ridiculous pressure on with cooldowns up.
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#124 Daerasx

Daerasx
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

What synergy ? healer with endless mana+ dps with ridiculous damage ,peeling and survivability ?

There is no synergy here,both classes are flat out overpowered in any way you look at them.

Edit: from a warrior pov rmp needs : Something on mage control/survivability.The current state is just ridiculous.The mage can just ignore me and frostbites/nova procs are passively ccing me.

Arcane mages are almost just as shitty as frost for me,but frost mages really need to get a second look at.

Rogues just put ridiculous pressure on with cooldowns up.

RMP synergy is great. The only cloth healer coupled with 2 CC classes makes him stay alive and do his thang.

Rogues are supposed to put out good pressure when his cooldowns are up. They don't when they are not.

"From a warriors POV" That's exactly it. Your biased because a RMP can control or kill you.

#125 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:45 AM

RMP synergy is great. The only cloth healer coupled with 2 CC classes makes him stay alive and do his thang.

Rogues are supposed to put out good pressure when his cooldowns are up. They don't when they are not.

"From a warriors POV" That's exactly it. Your biased because a RMP can control or kill you.

please read his post again

#126 dkumofo

dkumofo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:01 AM

if you even think about making blind and sheep share the same DR you are TRULY destroying this game and do not know a thing about synergy or pvp. RMP has been balanced for 5 seasons... Why complain about it now???? Oh because it won the ESL tournament? right.
got the Night Elf Rogue Explicit of Sargeras in the battlegroup Shadowburn Brutal Gladiator in season 4.

#127 Potbot

Potbot
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:16 AM

PMR is fine, although, do mages really need deep freeze when they can sheep, ice block, ect.

One thing I can see happening tho, rogues,mages,priest are supposed to be the "squishy" classes that need abilities to get them out of situations. Every content patch they add more and more, and do not give the other classes sufficient ways to counter these new abilities.

#128 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:54 AM

lets try a approach from a different angle:

What would RMx need in return, if blind and poly was on the same DR or blind only 6sec?

#129 Repent

Repent
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eldre'Thalas
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:09 AM

if you even think about making blind and sheep share the same DR you are TRULY destroying this game and do not know a thing about synergy or pvp. RMP has been balanced for 5 seasons... Why complain about it now???? Oh because it won the ESL tournament? right.

Because damage output is much higher now and you have 100% chance to land a kill during your cc window if you don't play with your feet.

That wasn't the case before.

So nerfing the cc duration in a way or an other seems fair to me.
:D

#130 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

Shamans are OP due to their synergy with other classes.

\\Thread lock//

#131 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

Resto shaman's can be replaced with either paladin or priest in every bracket for different, but appearently not worse, synergies. Which is exactly why we should continue a fertile shaman discussion: there is not one class or combination of classes that should prefer a resto shaman over x for objective reasons in any bracket.

#132 Heavyc

Heavyc
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

they should just make blind a poison again.

^

I have been on the receiving end.

#133 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

What would RMx need in return, if blind and poly was on the same DR or blind only 6sec?

a massive gain in rogue survivabililty

#134 Polox

Polox
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

More damage i guess, since rogue/mage/x usually kills something in a CC chain. And giving more damage to us would be retarded.

#135 noxturnal

noxturnal
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

Resto shaman's can be replaced with either paladin or priest in every bracket for different, but appearently not worse, synergies. Which is exactly why we should continue a fertile shaman discussion: there is not one class or combination of classes that should prefer a resto shaman over x for objective reasons in any bracket.

Synergy will always exsist and it is unavoidable. I think the perfect example of synergy would be playing a priest in 2v2.

We have limited mobility, escapability and survability. We are a cloth class that is effortless for most melee to train. For this reason priest synergize amazing with rogues. Rogues are the best class at peeling and allow us to pressure the other healers with mana burns and fears.

On the contrary we generally synergize bad with locks and warriors. Warriors get rage starved by our shields (changing in 3.1) and can't reliably peel stuff off of us. Locks share fear DR with us and have no way to peel when fear is on DR.

I don't really see how it is possible to remove synergy from the game unless you remove all of the classes weaknesses. Most synergy is just the result of one class covering another classes weakness. PMR is just the product of amazing synergy. At the very least its not as lame as something such as Ret/DK/Holy.

#136 dkumofo

dkumofo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:02 AM

Because damage output is much higher now and you have 100% chance to land a kill during your cc window if you don't play with your feet.

That wasn't the case before.

So nerfing the cc duration in a way or an other seems fair to me.

Do you even play wow anymore or are you referring to hello kitty adventure island?
got the Night Elf Rogue Explicit of Sargeras in the battlegroup Shadowburn Brutal Gladiator in season 4.

#137 Repent

Repent
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eldre'Thalas
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:14 AM

Do you even play wow anymore or are you referring to hello kitty adventure island?

same question.
:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<