Photo

Aura mastery = 10 seconds of free healing.

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 Positiveputty

Positiveputty
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

Aura Mastery: Now makes anyone affected by Concentration Aura to be immune to Interrupt and Silence mechanics and increases the effectiveness of all other auras by 100%. Lasts 10 sec. 2 min cooldown.

Did you really need this? Or is blizzard on crack.

Pally representation QQ etc.

Source: http://www.worldofwa...patchnotes.html

OH HEY. Time for 4 caster dps w/ heroism + holy paly healer in 5s!

lets see... shadow priest/ua lock/ele sham/boomkin(or mage)/holy paly. looks good.

#62 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

This is a welcome change, though maybe a bit over the top in terms of duration. Really, all I want is a cooldown that prevents the next silence on me for, say, 3 seconds. And there is really only one situation where I want this cooldown -- allow me to paint picture:

I walk out the gates in a 3v3 match. Gladius pops up a blue and a white health bar, with the third slot being mysteriously empty. I say to myself, "I've never seen this comp before. I wonder what they're planning on doing." Lo and behold, a rogue opens on one of my teammates. I throw a holy shock that is cut in half by wound poison.

Pause.

At this point, there are three options: (1) pre-emptively bubble to stop the counterspell that every paladin that is reading this post already knows is coming when I unpause this scenario; (2) attempt to juke the CS and get hit with a 4 second (before duration reduction) cold silence; (3) try to slide a holy light past the mage, risking an 8 second (again, before duration reduction) holy school lockout.

Unpause.

I crit that last holy shock, so now my holy light is a .8 second cast, and I figure, y'know, what the fuck, let's shoot for the moo, so I start to COUNTERSPELL YOUR WARLOCK IS DEAD FOCUS BAR MACROS ARE SKILLFUL.

This new ability will allow me to point to the mage's face, then point to my ass, then make a kissing noise with my mouth. Now RMP matches may not be decided within the first 15 seconds. And this is a good thing.

And other than that exact situation I described, I could give two shits if they ever implement this ability. But I've been asking for something like this specifically for RMP matches for the past 3 seasons.

So the justification for this being a balanced ability is that

1) You don't use LOS
2) You're mad because there's a team that counters you, and feel you should get an extremely potent ability against every comp, just to do better against one comp.

#63 Positiveputty

Positiveputty
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

This is a welcome change, though maybe a bit over the top in terms of duration. Really, all I want is a cooldown that prevents the next silence on me for, say, 3 seconds. And there is really only one situation where I want this cooldown -- allow me to paint picture:

I walk out the gates in a 3v3 match. Gladius pops up a blue and a white health bar, with the third slot being mysteriously empty. I say to myself, "I've never seen this comp before. I wonder what they're planning on doing." Lo and behold, a rogue opens on one of my teammates. I throw a holy shock that is cut in half by wound poison.

Pause.

At this point, there are three options: (1) pre-emptively bubble to stop the counterspell that every paladin that is reading this post already knows is coming when I unpause this scenario; (2) attempt to juke the CS and get hit with a 4 second (before duration reduction) cold silence; (3) try to slide a holy light past the mage, risking an 8 second (again, before duration reduction) holy school lockout.

Unpause.

I crit that last holy shock, so now my holy light is a .8 second cast, and I figure, y'know, what the fuck, let's shoot for the moo, so I start to COUNTERSPELL YOUR WARLOCK IS DEAD FOCUS BAR MACROS ARE SKILLFUL.

This new ability will allow me to point to the mage's face, then point to my ass, then make a kissing noise with my mouth. Now RMP matches may not be decided within the first 15 seconds. And this is a good thing.

And other than that exact situation I described, I could give two shits if they ever implement this ability. But I've been asking for something like this specifically for RMP matches for the past 3 seasons.

hmm i usually start with CC first... the longer i hold out on counterspell the longer you stay scared to cast anything... you do that though. im more worried about the implications of giving that to *EVERYONE* effected by the aura.

#64 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

1) You don't use LOS
2) You're mad because there's a team that counters you, and feel you should get an extremely potent ability against every comp, just to do better against one comp.

Actually he's trying to point out how the threat of lock-out forces us to use cooldowns pre-emptively.

Since we only have one on a 5 minute duration, losing some offensive utility (divine purpose) for defensive utility(what our class seems to be centered around) is a welcome change.

It also makes us unique, though I felt divine purpose was something unique that we had, at the very least Ret paladins will keep that utility.

Really though, shouldn't you be in some other thread whine-circle jerking with Xanny about how Rogues are the worst class ever in the history of video games?
So it turns out I've been using explosive shot rank 1 these last 3 weeks.

#65 Grunz

Grunz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

1) You don't use LOS

1) Which part of the priest torpedo-ing towards me to fear bomb away from any structure I may be standing near are you unfamiliar with?

2) Yea, how fucking dare I think that a 3s match should be predicated on skill and not on the fact that RMP classes combine like Captain Planet to saddle my ass.

This, of course, is made more comical by the fact that I expressly stated at the beginning of my original post that this ability seems to be over the top.

#66 Laserz

Laserz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:52 PM

Pause.

Unpause.

I think you missed the part where your rogue opens on their rogue and then you spell lock the priest while death coiling the mage and then bomb a holy light.

Hey you know what would be a good idea? Not trying to make up a situation in which another class's ability would beat you as if you're going in 2v3.

#67 Idgit

Idgit
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

Good thing I love holy/prot. I honestly think its the most viable against the hunter/shaman comps we fear so much. (jk about fear, we love shamans) BTW my BG is teeribad.

It's a great spec, but it feels like an auto-loss against mirrors with Divine Purpose. (Screw you bandwagon folks >:|)

#68 tysopz

tysopz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

aura mastery is on GCD? if it is it's only semi-useful.

#69 Alkazard

Alkazard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2229

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

Maybe I missed where it was said, but can this be used once you're already silenced to break it?

E: Ie on a strangulate, not a school counterspell.

#70 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

I decided I fucking hate rogues. SO much QQ makes me wanna slam my head through my monitor.

huh? I fucking love rogues on my paladin.

Maybe I missed where it was said, but can this be used once you're already silenced to break it?

E: Ie on a strangulate, not a school counterspell.

It's holy school, so I'd imagine no.

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#71 eboehm

eboehm

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

aura mastery is on GCD? if it is it's only semi-useful.

I believe I answered this in another thread aura mastery is not on GCD, you can use it while silenced, though it does not remove the debuff, not sure if its intended to remove the debuff or not.

#72 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:31 AM

BTW. You have no idea how happy it makes me to know that Hpalas won't be getting divine purpose. I pretty much just had an orgasm. I CAN DEEP FREEZE AGAIN YAY!

I bet with the new holy/prot talents you could get by with a build like:
http://talent.mmo-ch...00&version=9658

It would hurt against 2 dps teams but it would be really good against pretty much all other teams.

Only time will tell though.
:warlock::paladin::warrior::shaman:

#73 eboehm

eboehm

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:47 AM

that spec is doomed to fail :/ no IoL or lights grace...

#74 Ragenbeef

Ragenbeef
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:03 AM

:mad::mad::mad::mad:::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Due to my hard drive crashing I'm out for end of s5 QQ
Posted Image

#75 Missekatten

Missekatten
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:10 PM

:D

well holy/prot centering from blizzard will just make us more the class u read about in the lore.

Blizzard wants us to be the "Protective" healer class, the class who, if healing output is not enuff, puts himself in the heat and sacrifices himself

Hand of sacrifice /sacred shield / bubble / Divine sacrifice or whats its named

this means we are going to be alot more of a defensive healer class, who are good at migitating our fellow players damage.

they never intended holy paladins as a Train of awesome wreckageness we are now with offensive removal of stuns and judging 24/7.

I like the new change, im a very defensive player and thats also one of the reason i choose paladin.

The Aura mastery should not go live imo though, i would rather have a passive/active defensive ability to ourselves. since the ability clearly smashes some comps while leaving it halfway useless vs other comps. a kinda vipersting vs priest and vs druid analogy if u can follow me

Yes the divine protection and stuff got buffed, but i think we need a little more self defence niche than big "amg" cooldowns. instead of the aura mastery ofc.
A very good example is the new Hand of salvation glyph.

Btw does anyone know if blessend hands who increase hand of salv effectiveness by 100% (threat paramter obivously" also could affect the glyphed version, to make it a 40% pain supression wannabe?
The sentence below is false.
The sentence above is true.

#76 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

honestly active moves are much, much better then passive things imo.

It almost seems like they're trying to phase us away from bubble. Hand of salvation glyph, aura mastery, bosac not working in bubble any more. Its a good thing.
:3

#77 Gankenoob

Gankenoob
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

AH ATTACK OF THE SEASON 5 BADIATORS
25V, 4th Psychological Operations Group Airborne

#78 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

AH ATTACK OF THE SEASON 5 BADIATORS

Season five is no worse than the 85-90% one-button spamming druid population in the 2200+ brackets in s4. I don't know how it was before then, since I only hit 80 at the beginning of s3, but I heard that a certain class being rediculously OP is something new and fresh.
:warlock::paladin::warrior::shaman:

#79 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

not worth the infraction.
"Love should be put into action!"
screamed the old hermit.
Across the pond an echo
tried and tried to confirm it.

#80 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

well druids dominated too much in TBC but wasn't really easy to play. 2v2 bracket was all about druid but it wasn't a faceroll after all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<