Photo

Aura mastery = 10 seconds of free healing.

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#41 Missekatten

Missekatten
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

Apparently everybody had a seizure and forgot what it was like to play without repent. Paladins didn't run out of mana before repent spec. IoL nerf isn't huge because you can still get instant flashes, or you can get a 15k heal for an extra second cast time.

Sacred Shield nerf? REALLY?

"man i can only put my 1800dmg absorb with a 6 second cooldown on one target at a time (even though it has no cooldown) what will i possibly do"

you're 'losing way too much' because you're 'way too overpowered'

giving you more shit is kind of two steps forward five steps back.

I love people who tunnelvison the stuff they hate.
and i thought sacred shield was 1/3 of ur sp+500 maybe im mistaken?
but then unless u got 4000 spellpower im not sure u can absorb around 1800. but could be me wrong, gief link then :)

Remember we also just received a nerf on DP. and then another one
so now we put a mortal strike for 15 secs if we heal with it. in that time opponents with more than 50 IQ will try gib a target. ohh and did i say u can just dispel it also.

also take in account we cant judge justice long range anymore.
and imp Hoj is now 20 sek reduce and not 30 sek.

that is why they buff prot tree. (exept hoj)

the main thing here is that paladins self defence is going a bit down, allthough their party defence gets boosted by a chunk.
The sentence below is false.
The sentence above is true.

#42 Kazmir21

Kazmir21
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2186

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

I'm confused, and like I don't want to seem like a forum troll. Holy paladins have been saying that the holy/ret spec with Repent is now unable to be used because of a talent change with Infusion of Light.
Doesn't this make sense?

Holy paladins are arguably the most efficient healers currently, and they can do it without even worrying about speccing too far into their actual healing tree. All other healers have talents which require 50+ points in to their healing tree to maximize their efficiency where as paladins are the exception (some druids speccing for Feral/Resto nerf their healing efficiency by not getting tree form for the extra survival).

Is there something I am missing or does moving a few very nice talents like instant flash of lights after a Holy Shock crit, only make sense for balancing the Holy tree in PvP circumstances?

#43 zalae

zalae
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alleria
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

It's pretty sad that you still actually believe this lol.

What's sad about that? He pretty much admitted that paladins are overpowered. Quick question: what + underpowered = balanced? If you said overpowered, that's right! You win a prize!

#44 Jasputan

Jasputan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

Any one who has come to this thread and made a comment about "buffing" paladins is a complete imbecile...stop posting.

#45 Bailou

Bailou
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

zeriel has a point

#46 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Its just people trolling with no idea what they're talking about. All blizzard needed to do to fix paladins (even before the DP change), was make stuff in ret deeper. Instead, they took a butchers knife to infusion of light and buffed holy shock, changes we didn't need. We probably don't need aura mastery either, but I won't complain about it. Half their changes are shit, and the others are just dumb. The reason paladins weren't amazing in tbc was being casted heals are shit and holy shock was generally shit. When it got buffed to 6 seconds, that eliminated our problems with casting *for the most part*. The problem is DKs/hunters/feral druids being insanely overpowered made divine plea still look good compared to the nerf version. Second, JotW (combined with three classes that can take care of themselves for 15 seconds during a shit DP means infinite mana). The third being IoL. Ways to fix paladins: Make JotW unreachable and nerf DKs/hunters/feral druids. Wow class fixed holy fucking god!

Go play a paladin in 3v3 as beacon spec and tell me you have infinite mana and can pop plea whenever you want. Until you can do that (at a high level of play), don't come in here saying how amazing DP is and how you've got infinite mana etc. TWO VS TWO IS A SHIT BRACKET, think about how these things change us in 3s/5s.
:3

#47 Amatox

Amatox
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

This makes DK/pala as mage/rogue literally 100% impossible, lmfao.

This is such a huge buff vs mage/x teams in 2s, basically making you counter ANY mage/x team now.

It definitely doesn't help the situation, I just hope they don't get divine purpose, if they lose DP then we still have a chance. Either way, having a 2/5 chance to que against DK/paladin already sucks. This just makes it worse. Mage/rogue representation has hit the floor, and honestly its mostly because 40% of the teams are DK/paladin. We don't need buffs, paladins need to die somehow to us lol. Mages definitely got the short end of the stick in 2v2 this season. (At least after 3.09). I think we are last in representation in 2v2 now. -shrug- I guess its time to sit on my 2308 and play 3's lol.

#48 Jasputan

Jasputan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

honestly i think mages and rogues will have a lot easier time with hpalas now that we cannot get Divine Purpose...

#49 metharon

metharon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

Depends on what setup your running riddle. A strangulate/mindfreez on the frostschool will fix that for ya. And a DG + CoI/BB glyph will peel the rogue for quite a while. But yea, retarded changes in general.

#50 Spyrez

Spyrez
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gilneas
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

Good thing I love holy/prot. I honestly think its the most viable against the hunter/shaman comps we fear so much. (jk about fear, we love shamans) BTW my BG is teeribad.

#51 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:32 AM

lmfao. ok.

except juking is controllable. if you fall for it, your fault. you can't prevent 10 seconds of complete immunity.

"oh man you're so bad, how could you lose to a paladin who just healed for 30k hp" i.e. the amount you can heal in 10 seconds in a worst case scenario for you.

keep buffin dose pallies not good enuff yet :):):)

Tons of people fall for juking. People make mistakes, its hard to believe, I know.

Also, it's pretty dumb shit to call the next patch a buff.

#52 Breuse

Breuse

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

Its just people trolling with no idea what they're talking about. All blizzard needed to do to fix paladins (even before the DP change), was make stuff in ret deeper. Instead, they took a butchers knife to infusion of light and buffed holy shock, changes we didn't need. We probably don't need aura mastery either, but I won't complain about it. Half their changes are shit, and the others are just dumb. The reason paladins weren't amazing in tbc was being casted heals are shit and holy shock was generally shit. When it got buffed to 6 seconds, that eliminated our problems with casting *for the most part*. The problem is DKs/hunters/feral druids being insanely overpowered made divine plea still look good compared to the nerf version. Second, JotW (combined with three classes that can take care of themselves for 15 seconds during a shit DP means infinite mana). The third being IoL. Ways to fix paladins: Make JotW unreachable and nerf DKs/hunters/feral druids. Wow class fixed holy fucking god!

Go play a paladin in 3v3 as beacon spec and tell me you have infinite mana and can pop plea whenever you want. Until you can do that (at a high level of play), don't come in here saying how amazing DP is and how you've got infinite mana etc. TWO VS TWO IS A SHIT BRACKET, think about how these things change us in 3s/5s.

As usual Qwey brings sense to the room. MANDATE over! Blizzard always goes about class balancing horribly wrong, I will sit in the sun and enjoy Paladin OPness. Shortly it will be back to season 2-4 where we are terrible.

#53 Shieldzz

Shieldzz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:55 AM

Good thing I love holy/prot. I honestly think its the most viable against the hunter/shaman comps we fear so much. (jk about fear, we love shamans) BTW my BG is teeribad.

yea.. we're just the 2nd most talked about BG nowadays behind BG9... we suck.

also the reason you love holy/prot so much is because you play DK/pal where you don't need to be 37/0/34... or have a brain

#54 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:59 AM

It's overpowered, yes. But counterspell is even more overpowered. It's the classes imbetween that get screwed over.
화이팅

#55 Kitore

Kitore
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Bronzebeard
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

I think the ability is pretty decent when you consider the environment it will be in (paladins losing their big mana/ret spec).

It's not really overpowered in most situations since it's only a 10s duration and you have to predict incoming silences, but it also does something about the really bad state of casters in the game who have to still hard-cast everything (i.e elemental shamans, boomkin to a lesser extent, so forth).

I like how people see the 37/0/34 spec going away, and expect compensation...

This is a huge buff, imagine how hard it will be to kill something that can't be interrupted while he's busy burst healing.

Right now the only way to kill a paladin is to run a CC/interrupt train on him and hope he dies. You can't run him out of mana, and that's not going to change in 3.1.

#56 Blackhalo

Blackhalo
  • Blackhalo
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azuremyst
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:59 PM

yea.. we're just the 2nd most talked about BG nowadays behind BG9... we suck.

also the reason you love holy/prot so much is because you play DK/pal where you don't need to be 37/0/34... or have a brain

Next time you want to come in here with a no gladiator title, 400+ games played, TURNING TIDE, barely 2k rated, piece of shit paladin: Don't. Got it?

#57 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

I like how people see the 37/0/34 spec going away, and expect compensation...

This is a huge buff, imagine how hard it will be to kill something that can't be interrupted while he's busy burst healing.

Right now the only way to kill a paladin is to run a CC/interrupt train on him and hope he dies. You can't run him out of mana, and that's not going to change in 3.1.

if you honestly believe that, I can explain why you're completely wrong. Otherwise I'll assume you're just trying to piss people off.
:3

#58 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

if you honestly believe that, I can explain why you're completely wrong. Otherwise I'll assume you're just trying to piss people off.

He's a bad from my BG :D

and I mean

REALLY bad.
So it turns out I've been using explosive shot rank 1 these last 3 weeks.

#59 Grunz

Grunz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

This is a welcome change, though maybe a bit over the top in terms of duration. Really, all I want is a cooldown that prevents the next silence on me for, say, 3 seconds. And there is really only one situation where I want this cooldown -- allow me to paint picture:

I walk out the gates in a 3v3 match. Gladius pops up a blue and a white health bar, with the third slot being mysteriously empty. I say to myself, "I've never seen this comp before. I wonder what they're planning on doing." Lo and behold, a rogue opens on one of my teammates. I throw a holy shock that is cut in half by wound poison.

Pause.

At this point, there are three options: (1) pre-emptively bubble to stop the counterspell that every paladin that is reading this post already knows is coming when I unpause this scenario; (2) attempt to juke the CS and get hit with a 4 second (before duration reduction) cold silence; (3) try to slide a holy light past the mage, risking an 8 second (again, before duration reduction) holy school lockout.

Unpause.

I crit that last holy shock, so now my holy light is a .8 second cast, and I figure, y'know, what the fuck, let's shoot for the moo, so I start to COUNTERSPELL YOUR WARLOCK IS DEAD FOCUS BAR MACROS ARE SKILLFUL.

This new ability will allow me to point to the mage's face, then point to my ass, then make a kissing noise with my mouth. Now RMP matches may not be decided within the first 15 seconds. And this is a good thing.

And other than that exact situation I described, I could give two shits if they ever implement this ability. But I've been asking for something like this specifically for RMP matches for the past 3 seasons.

#60 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:54 PM