Photo

Aura mastery = 10 seconds of free healing.

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:25 AM

It's not really overpowered in most situations since it's only a 10s duration and you have to predict incoming silences, but it also does something about the really bad state of casters in the game who have to still hard-cast everything (i.e elemental shamans, boomkin to a lesser extent, so forth).

moonkins don't really have it so bad with <1.5 sec casts and two instant dots

however ... -> frost mages

#22 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:26 AM

I can't speak for boomkins, almost never face them, never play with them, but I do play with an elemental shaman, and it's ridiculous how little he gets to do when there is a DK within several square miles of him.

#23 Missekatten

Missekatten
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:30 AM

actually currently i rarly need to cast,(using IoL procs that is) as long as freedom is on the focused target(reducing shatter), hoj rogue los mage and really lock/pally shouldnt lose to mage/rogue on live

Edit: one thing that I wanted to add was smart rogue/mage will cc when aura mastery is up, so really to get the most out of it you would need to use bsac at same time

Beleive it or not, some mages play arcane, and they are pretty good at it.

Lol orangemarmelade!
The sentence below is false.
The sentence above is true.

#24 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

everyone is still going to spec 49/0/22 btw tier 10 is 45 pts in not 50.

why in hell would you spec that? you know you can't get DP with 22 in ret any more right?

#25 eboehm

eboehm

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

everyone is still going to spec 49/0/22 btw tier 10 is 45 pts in not 50.

It would be 43/0/27 if you are going after dp, all the prot changes seem to make it much more rewarding then dp now imo

#26 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

This makes DK/pala as mage/rogue literally 100% impossible, lmfao.

This is such a huge buff vs mage/x teams in 2s, basically making you counter ANY mage/x team now.

#27 Pobzy

Pobzy
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

This makes DK/pala as mage/rogue literally 100% impossible, lmfao.

This is such a huge buff vs mage/x teams in 2s, basically making you counter ANY mage/x team now.

It should still probably be spellstealable, but yea, I agree it's a huge nerf to mage/x teams.

#28 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

I like how people act like 10 seconds of free healing is hard to get. There's even a word for it, juking. Its not as good as it is for paladins as it is for casters who play with paladins.

(You could make the argument that it helps baddies who can't juke, but if 10 seconds of free casting makes you lose I doubt you're much better)

lmfao. ok.

except juking is controllable. if you fall for it, your fault. you can't prevent 10 seconds of complete immunity.

"oh man you're so bad, how could you lose to a paladin who just healed for 30k hp" i.e. the amount you can heal in 10 seconds in a worst case scenario for you.

keep buffin dose pallies not good enuff yet :):):)

#29 Bailou

Bailou
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

idk what teams you guys are facing but unless its a dwarf hunter/dk playing with the pala a decent mage/rogue will blow you or your partner up so easy that they're countering quite abit of paladin teams out there

#30 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

lmfao. ok.

except juking is controllable. if you fall for it, your fault. you can't prevent 10 seconds of complete immunity.

"oh man you're so bad, how could you lose to a paladin who just healed for 30k hp" i.e. the amount you can heal in 10 seconds in a worst case scenario for you.

keep buffin dose pallies not good enuff yet :):):)

losing way too much stuff , so pally needs something also
go look at IoL nerf , it's huge. DP dispelable, DP/JoTW builds nerfed, SS nerf

#31 Kubuss

Kubuss
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

idk what teams you guys are facing but unless its a dwarf hunter/dk playing with the pala a decent mage/rogue will blow you or your partner up so easy that they're countering quite abit of paladin teams out there

All depends on the opener, and even then, DK puts out the damage of 2 dps combined.

#32 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

Apparently everybody had a seizure and forgot what it was like to play without repent. Paladins didn't run out of mana before repent spec. IoL nerf isn't huge because you can still get instant flashes, or you can get a 15k heal for an extra second cast time.

Sacred Shield nerf? REALLY?

"man i can only put my 1800dmg absorb with a 6 second cooldown on one target at a time (even though it has no cooldown) what will i possibly do"

you're 'losing way too much' because you're 'way too overpowered'

giving you more shit is kind of two steps forward five steps back.

#33 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

DKs are retarded, what does that have to do with paladins?

#34 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

IoL nerf is not huge ? ok you can stop now :>
btw instant FoL sux in 3v3/5v5 brackets
and i know SS is too good now and needs change, i didn't defend it just said it is nerf

#35 eboehm

eboehm

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

I dont think iol nerf is going to be as huge, since alot of dmg will be toned down at least :)

#36 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

Apparently everybody had a seizure and forgot what it was like to play without repent. Paladins didn't run out of mana before repent spec. IoL nerf isn't huge because you can still get instant flashes, or you can get a 15k heal for an extra second cast time.

Sacred Shield nerf? REALLY?

"man i can only put my 1800dmg absorb with a 6 second cooldown on one target at a time (even though it has no cooldown) what will i possibly do"

you're 'losing way too much' because you're 'way too overpowered'

giving you more shit is kind of two steps forward five steps back.

Apparently people forgot playing as non-repent with nerfed to worthlessness divine plea is absolute shit. Divine plea being dispellable and MSing EVERYONE YOU HEAL is terrible. You can't use it reliably for mana in any bracket besides twos, and twos is imbalanced. Any good team that sees you pop plea either swaps to you, or puts more pressure out so you have to click it off. I'd rather have plea be a 3 minute cooldown and not MS me.
:3

#37 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

I decided I fucking hate rogues. SO much QQ makes me wanna slam my head through my monitor.

#38 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

Apparently people forgot playing as non-repent with nerfed to worthlessness divine plea is absolute shit. Divine plea being dispellable and MSing EVERYONE YOU HEAL is terrible. You can't use it reliably for mana in any bracket besides twos, and twos is imbalanced. Any good team that sees you pop plea either swaps to you, or puts more pressure out so you have to click it off. I'd rather have plea be a 3 minute cooldown and not MS me.

Thankfully they kept defensive cooldowns and pillars in the game.

Unfortunately most paladins aren't aware because they were too busy brickin' it up in 5v5 tunneling HLs in the middle of an arena, then it suddenly works in smaller brackets in LK, then they think they're good.

#39 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:27 PM

Paladins are balanced with shitty classes & OP with good ones.

Hence, you can use DP with a survival hunter or a DK because they are so retarded they can live for 30s on their own.

You can't use DP with a warrior or a rogue, etc.

#40 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:27 PM

Thankfully they kept defensive cooldowns and pillars in the game.

Unfortunately most paladins aren't aware because they were too busy brickin' it up in 5v5 tunneling HLs in the middle of an arena, then it suddenly works in smaller brackets in LK, then they think they're good.

I'm sorry but defensive cooldowns on other classes doesn't mean our active mana recovery ability should have a drastic downside.
So it turns out I've been using explosive shot rank 1 these last 3 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<