Photo

Aura mastery = 10 seconds of free healing.

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1 Amatox

Amatox
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

Aura Mastery: Now makes anyone affected by Concentration Aura to be immune to Interrupt and Silence mechanics and increases the effectiveness of all other auras by 100%. Lasts 10 sec. 2 min cooldown.

Did you really need this? Or is blizzard on crack.

Pally representation QQ etc.

Source: http://www.worldofwa...patchnotes.html

#2 Jasputan

Jasputan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

With the complete destruction of all other specs except holy/prot, id say it is nice compensation...

#3 Amatox

Amatox
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

With the complete destruction of all other specs except holy/prot, id say it is nice compensation...

Care to explain? How is 37/0/34 broken in 3.1? Didn't seem like they nerfed ret much (-10% dot dmg, but 15% more crusader/DS).

I honestly havn't been following the paladin changes closely. Just saw this and went WTFEK. Did they make JOTW base mana or something?

#4 Secondarie

Secondarie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:10 AM

JotW has been base mana for a long time. Infusion was dropped to the second lowest tier in holy so a holy/repent build can't get it anymore.

#5 Jasputan

Jasputan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

I honestly havn't been following the paladin changes closely. Just saw this and went WTFEK. Did they make JOTW base mana or something?

In this case you shouldnt come to the paladin forums QQ'ing =P. They moved infusion of light (our most necessary pvp talent) to tier 10 in the holy tree making it inaccesible in a 37/0/34 build, and even inaccesible in a 49/0/22 build. Plus they nerfed sacred shield and divine shield through the warrior change.

#6 dif66

dif66
  • Priestholy
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:17 AM

Hope it´s dispelable:p
Priest/Rogue-X<-- Streaming

"I rarely use battlemaster because I always hit it at the wrong time or never use it."
Deadly Gladiator Namakaokahai.

#7 Amatox

Amatox
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:18 AM

In this case you shouldnt come to the paladin forums QQ'ing =P. They moved infusion of light (our most necessary pvp talent) to tier 10 in the holy tree making it inaccesible in a 37/0/34 build, and even inaccesible in a 49/0/22 build. Plus they nerfed sacred shield and divine shield through the warrior change.

Oh :P. where are you guys looking at the 3.1 changes? I can't seem to find updated information that shows the infusion of light change. Googled 3.1 patch notes on mmo and the thread I found doesn't seem to be recently updated. Plus it was more of a question, then a QQ thread. (With my bad information I am sure you would think that this would be OP if infusion wasn't moved down). Just got the PTR installed today, so ill have to check it out. If they moved infusion of light down then I am glad you guys have this now. Sorry for being ignorant.

#8 Jasputan

Jasputan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

Lol its np, its not on the PTR yet and there are not any updated talent calcs yet to my knowledge.

#9 Amatox

Amatox
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

Lol its np, its not on the PTR yet and there are not any updated talent calcs yet to my knowledge.

Lol good. So I don't look like a complete asshat. Just an asshat.

#10 Amatox

Amatox
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

BTW. You have no idea how happy it makes me to know that Hpalas won't be getting divine purpose. I pretty much just had an orgasm. I CAN DEEP FREEZE AGAIN YAY!

#11 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:45 AM

deep freeze is retarded btw needs to be removed
:3

#12 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

Care to explain? How is 37/0/34 broken in 3.1? Didn't seem like they nerfed ret much (-10% dot dmg, but 15% more crusader/DS).

read patch notes before complaining

deep freeze should be self-dispellable ~_~

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#13 Amatox

Amatox
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:43 AM

read patch notes before complaining

deep freeze should be self-dispellable ~_~

Wasn't in the patch notes when I posted. Nor was it on any of the talent calculators. Is it now?

#14 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:05 AM

Wasn't in the patch notes when I posted. Nor was it on any of the talent calculators. Is it now?

i don't think it was ever in the patch notes, it was on the talent calculators the first day they released the patch notes though

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#15 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:15 AM

I like how people act like 10 seconds of free healing is hard to get. There's even a word for it, juking. Its not as good as it is for paladins as it is for casters who play with paladins.

(You could make the argument that it helps baddies who can't juke, but if 10 seconds of free casting makes you lose I doubt you're much better)

#16 Missekatten

Missekatten
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

Its a perfectly broken ability vs mage/x espes mage/rogue teams.

i dont approve it. its as situational countering like vipersting here in 3.09
The sentence below is false.
The sentence above is true.

#17 eboehm

eboehm

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:13 AM

except it also makes you immune to silence,but yea it will help my lock partner out way more then me against rogue teams mostly :)

#18 Missekatten

Missekatten
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

I like how people act like 10 seconds of free healing is hard to get. There's even a word for it, juking. Its not as good as it is for paladins as it is for casters who play with paladins.

(You could make the argument that it helps baddies who can't juke, but if 10 seconds of free casting makes you lose I doubt you're much better)

Using time to juke + being vs a very skilled counterspeller WILL result in death from mage/rogue mostly. sometimes its hard even to outheal the dmg with free heals if they are good at dps rotation + rng crits.

(at least for my lock/pala combo)

which is why this ability is a IWIN button vs mage/burst teams and shuldnt make it to live, i would rather have a more general benefitting ability
The sentence below is false.
The sentence above is true.

#19 eboehm

eboehm

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:17 AM

actually currently i rarly need to cast,(using IoL procs that is) as long as freedom is on the focused target(reducing shatter), hoj rogue los mage and really lock/pally shouldnt lose to mage/rogue on live

Edit: one thing that I wanted to add was smart rogue/mage will cc when aura mastery is up, so really to get the most out of it you would need to use bsac at same time

#20 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:21 AM

I think the ability is pretty decent when you consider the environment it will be in (paladins losing their big mana/ret spec).

It's not really overpowered in most situations since it's only a 10s duration and you have to predict incoming silences, but it also does something about the really bad state of casters in the game who have to still hard-cast everything (i.e elemental shamans, boomkin to a lesser extent, so forth).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<