#22 Warlocked

Warlocked
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:54 AM

Not trying to be a troll or anything, but aren't locks absolutely ripping through the tr right now? Doesn't that mean they don't need survival or burst buffs?

Just possible cause hunters hard counter the lock counters aka war/rogue.
Also locks are good against the paladin class, which is also extreme overrepresented.
I would expect that locks will drop like flys if hunters and pallys get their well needed nerfs.

#23 Maddlexie

Maddlexie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:04 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That would suck, without Dot protection we'd become shit on a stick. and no UA on multitarget.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#24 Sized

Sized
  • Baddieisbawz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2442

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:10 AM

This is the stupidest fucking thing ever...............................................................

#25 Orgodemir

Orgodemir
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:15 AM

blizzard has always done the change first, ask questions later. the explosive shot nerf was outa no where, but they did it with no warning or anything. im expecting this is exactly what they intended to do and pretty upset.

#26 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:19 AM

why is this happening

i hate you hosebeast

#27 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:27 AM

Not to pass judgment on the change, but if you think Warlocks are terrible, go play Lock/DK/Pal. It is WLD all over again.. both your DPS have immense survivability, you put constant pressure on all targets with DoT pressure, you can rotate CCs across their team because you don't need CCs to land kills although you can easily score a kill with the kill target in a Fear or the healer in a Fear (silence and lockout), you have a huge amount of on-demand burst, both your DPS can peel targets off each other and off the healer, you have AoE snares with Desecration... the comp is just an absolute juggernaut.

There is no "good target". You get on the Warlock, you get destroyed by instant Warlock DoTs + Death Knight DoTs spread to all targets + Death Knight damage with Spell Lock/Strangulate or Portal => cast for swaps. All while the target you are on is constantly pulling you further into a bad position simply by moving backward. You swap to Death Knight and Warlock lands casts and DK may blow a cooldown or two to stay alive, or god forbid goes into Frost Presence. Warlock landing casts negates your swap anyway (rotate Fear with UA/Haunt spam), so even if Death Knight's cooldowns are down you still have to CC the Warlock to land the swap. And if you manage to CC the Warlock in order to allow the swap to happen, you probably don't have enough CC on the Paladin to actually force a kill through Death Knight survivability (high hp + Frost Presence).

#28 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:35 AM

fucking lol'd at this change
화이팅

#29 ragzdog

ragzdog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • RBG: 2667

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:35 AM

Not to pass judgment on the change, but if you think Warlocks are terrible, go play Lock/DK/Pal. It is WLD all over again.. both your DPS have immense survivability, you put constant pressure on all targets with DoT pressure, you can rotate CCs across their team because you don't need CCs to land kills although you can easily score a kill with the kill target in a Fear or the healer in a Fear (silence and lockout), you have a huge amount of on-demand burst, both your DPS can peel targets off each other and off the healer, you have AoE snares with Desecration... the comp is just an absolute juggernaut.

There is no "good target". You get on the Warlock, you get destroyed by instant Warlock DoTs + Death Knight DoTs spread to all targets + Death Knight damage with Spell Lock/Strangulate or Portal => cast for swaps. All while the target you are on is constantly pulling you further into a bad position simply by moving backward. You swap to Death Knight and Warlock lands casts and DK may blow a cooldown or two to stay alive, or god forbid goes into Frost Presence. Warlock landing casts negates your swap anyway (rotate Fear with UA/Haunt spam), so even if Death Knight's cooldowns are down you still have to CC the Warlock to land the swap. And if you manage to CC the Warlock in order to allow the swap to happen, you probably don't have enough CC on the Paladin to actually force a kill through Death Knight survivability (high hp + Frost Presence).

No one here is saying that warlocks are terrible, we are simply stating that the change is unwarranted. Take your hunter "the only class that counters me is warlocks NERF PLOX!!!" rant elsewhere.

#30 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:37 AM

Yes let's come gloat at the locks as they lost ~40% offtarget damage and ~25% focus target damage.

That sounds chivalrous, they'll love me for that!

Anyway I really see no point continuing with my lock if current 3.1 changes go through. Think I'll attempt to get to a rating I feel is safe for gladiator, and reroll to my death knight for a few months.

#31 feebled

feebled
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:54 AM

dam this sucks lol

#32 Chaosknight

Chaosknight
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:10 AM

I would assume its just a bug, since its not mentioned in the patch note anywhere. Too much fuss about something that might not even be a problem =p

go post on http://forums.worldo...443418689&sid=1

if it'll make u feel better
i liek bananas

#33 Orgodemir

Orgodemir
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:50 AM

you ever think that the problems are dks?

http://gnomewarrior.... playground&m=1

warlocks dont even touch dk damage. we even had 3 games where our main strat was put every cc into the dk and dps lock, but he was top damage every game. dks have an aoe corruption they put on everyone. it does damage of corruption, but they can still put out huge single target pressure.

#34 Tya

Tya
  • Junkies

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:10 AM

Nice gloating.

#35 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:10 AM

you ever think that the problems are dks?

http://gnomewarrior.... playground&m=1

warlocks dont even touch dk damage. we even had 3 games where our main strat was put every cc into the dk and dps lock, but he was top damage every game. dks have an aoe corruption they put on everyone. it does damage of corruption, but they can still put out huge single target pressure.

Possibly, but without the Lock the Death Knight can actually die. What makes Lock/DK/Pal different from DK/Rogue/Pal or DK/Hunter/Pal? Three things: constant damage on multiple targets, constant CC on multiple targets, but most importantly, the DK cannot die in Lock/DK/Pal without the Lock/DK/Pal team being massively outplayed. Warlock simply has so many ways to stop incoming enemy damage or put out such obscene damage that any attempt to kill the DK would simply result in a single heal being missed for whatever reason (Strang, Spell Lock, LoS, range) and someone would die. Whereas in Rogue or Hunter variants, the general strat is "open on DK, swap to Rogue/Hunter when the opportunity arises", that strat is simply not viable.

You cannot force the DK defensive, because he knows that a) if the enemy team trains him, he will simply pull them into the open and into their sure deaths to the Warlock and B) even if he does get trained, his team has enough peels and he has enough defensive cooldowns to stay alive until the damage overwhelms the other team.

#36 Hexsia

Hexsia
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:13 AM

this makes the hunter nerfs feel so much less painfull lol

To me it doesn't even looke like you got 'nerfs'. Your CC durations were changed and imp wingclip was removed. Some RNG was removed, however, your damage was upped becuase of this (someone on meth would think this is a good idea); -- Seriously what the fuck is going on with Blizzard?

Two months ago I was hanging for these changes... (unannounced changes) becuase we were basically promised our class would be looked at and we would get BUFFS. Instead I'm left wishing this patch never would come. Blizzard grats on being once again, retarded bias assholes.

It's like season 2 all over again add portal, haunt, and ua affliction is easily the most broken talent tree in the game.

Spoiler

#37 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

Am I seriously missing something on these patch notes... everyone says Hunter damage was upped, but I'm not seeing where you're getting that from O_o. I think I'm looking at some old version of the patch notes or something...

#38 Whiteshadow

Whiteshadow

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

I hope it's a bug, it does seem like blizzard is hell bent on killing affliction in 3.1. It's almost like they are implementing the changes from that Levidia thread about dots being single target only.

Pretend you are in a tunnel and the only way out is through the first thing you tab targeted.

#39 Hewters

Hewters
  • Junkies

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:21 AM

Hunters explosive shot damage was nerfd by 10% again come 3.1 what are you on about?

#40 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:25 AM

It seems to me they're trying to push destruction and demonology by obliterating affliction.

It's the only explanation with any semblance of logic.
화이팅

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<