Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

Levidian,

Spriest+Warlock synergy is sometimes called "Overload" playstyle (eventually running the healer OOM and/or putting so much pressure on multiple targets that they must make a decision who to keep up). It is different from CC+Burst, melee train, outlast/reset comps, drain comps, 2 healers, etc.

Just because something has a rather unique playstyle:

i.)Doesn't make it OP.
ii.) Doesn't mean it should be "brought in line to conform within the framework of other playstyles" (you implied this saying the multi-target aka overload playstyle is out of line and bad for the health of the game).

The more different and unique the play-styles available in this game, the more strategy and uniqueness required of various comps.
Double healer + drain has a place, CC+outlast has a place, melee-cleave has a place, overload (basically shadowplay and JAC setups) has a place.

A nerf to UA mechanics is a dramatic nerf to the "overload" playstyle. This nerf will in fact greatly weaken the synergy of some comps (eg. spriest/Ua/shaman) - thus indirectly nerfing the e-sport. Basically you're forcing the FoTM/cookiecut teams and making tournaments less creative and more linear to play/watch.

There really isn't any justification for the strong UA nerfs except perhaps the synergy with other classes (again, as many have pointed out this is a DK or Hunter issue stemming from DK/lock/pally or Hunter/lock/shammy). Synergy issues (ie metagame/playstyle) usually involve solutions that center around diminishing returns and/or minor tweaks on both sides of the equation (ie small tuning to both classes to dampen the synergy).

I hope this post was logical enough...

--Voksen

#202 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

They will and they have when presented with irrefutable logic, and they have implemented a few of my suggestions from the wotlk beta.

Affliction warlocks = the ONLY spec in the game that relies close to as heavily on multi-target damage.

How do you balance a class that operates differently from every other dps spec in the game?

You don't.

Affliction warlocks will NEVER be balanced as long as they deal damage they way they do right now. You'll either be too strong or too weak.

The only thing I thought you needed to trade was multi-target damage you would have gained all of this.

Whether you like an afflictions multi-dot style or not it doesn't matter it HAS TO CHANGE for the health of the game.

If my above post was TLDR:

Quoted for clarity. As you can see he's asking that overload playstyles be nerfed in order to further conform within the standard, uniform metagame model of how classes/comps "should" play.

I disagree and believe there is a place for many different comps and playstyles - shadowplay/overload being one of them. Nerfing UA changes this style's offensive/defensive pros and cons. Following his suggestions would further streamline the class into something more similar to other classes, thus removing some of the uniqueness that UA brings.

#203 Ardran

Ardran
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

They will and they have when presented with irrefutable logic, and they have implemented a few of my suggestions from the wotlk beta.

It would be like them taking info from worldofming.com and devoloping the game through what that dude writes there. You guys think to much of yourselves. If some random change makes it live, and be fair, it's not hard to think stuff up that will make it live or be very nice to get and probably will. You guys will think you actually contributed to the game. 9 out of 10 posts of you are just full of nonesense, everyone sees it but you. It makes quite humeroes signatures and convosations, so by all means don't stop.

#204 Pyrilus

Pyrilus
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1143

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

http://www.worldofra...arget-only.html

Official Blizzard Quote:

Thanks for the report, we're looking into this.

I'm assuming this is a bug then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<