#1 Elamite

Elamite
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:25 AM

So in our battlegroup mage warlock is the top on our BG. I sap the mage and open up on the warlock. The moment I cheap shot I get seduced and I will of the forsaken, only to get seduced again. He starts casting Chaos Bolt followed by an immediate Shadow Fury and then the mage is also preparing to shatter. While I am seduced the mage is chasing around my priest and getting off the poly. If he doesnt get poly'd the lock is making his succy seduce my priest. And with all their CC and massive damage I can barely keep on the lock. And also with his teleport thing he can drop off any ledge in arenas port back up and kite me for a good time while the mage just keeps raping us. If anyone has played this type of team and would give tips. Please do.

#2 Elamite

Elamite
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:01 AM

No one has played against this? It's insane.

#3 Trucked

Trucked
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:17 AM

lol sounds scary. so glad im not on ur bg.

#4 Elamite

Elamite
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:42 AM

Yeah... They are from my server too. Rank 1 now with 2556 rating. Absolutely dominating teams with that comp.

#5 listerx

listerx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

loooooo people underestimate the power of destruction. dunnno why more locks arent dest. I run with a destruction lock also and insta seduce macro is the nizzlez

#6 Wilshire

Wilshire
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the idea Elamite!

#7 Canstanje

Canstanje
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

torment and zamboni are ridic, just dodge them imo :o
they managed to hold me to 0 damage as i was seduced, sheeped, then feared, was awesome...

#8 Terribadsize

Terribadsize
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline
  • Locationde_dust2

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:33 AM

would srsly LOVE to see some fraps footage, sounds scary :D

#9 Terribadsize

Terribadsize
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Locationde_dust2

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:36 AM

oh and, try sapping lock, nuke pet? then vanish and repeat and win!

#10 listerx

listerx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

cant sap lock and kill pet. succubus is stealth and probably not standing right next to the warlock. right when you open any target you get insta seduced and if you break it you get seduced again within .1 seconds. if you do manage to kill the succubus (who has 19k hp) the warlock will just instantly summon another one :D

honestly it may sound crazy, but it works for me in duels against destruction locks. sap mage then pre-cloak in stealth and cheapshot and blow up the warlock as fast as you can. this gives you 3 seconds or w/e where you cant be seduced and will be your best shot at winning.

#11 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

Succubus doesnt have stealth, it use Invisibility — completely different mechanics. I doubt you can see it even if you jump on its head.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#12 Gekkejager

Gekkejager
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

soudns like fun setup to run
"Good change, it's so annoying if you want to death grip but your pet already stunned him!"

#13 Elamite

Elamite
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

I just hope it gets nerfed soon.

#14 Loleeta

Loleeta
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

I just hope it gets nerfed soon.

Nerf destruction warlocks!

That;s the one think I actually didn't expect seeing.

But honestly, I cant see how is it possible to lose as double undead rogue priest. Destruction warlocks are so fragile and with no serious health leeching like affliction, they cant outlive your cooldowns. Oh and seduce is dispellable as well, just make your priest wake up and dispel you. Once warlock uses his portal, if you get him before it is up again, he is so dead. 2 vanish, 2 sprint, wotf trinket and clos seem plenty to make quick work of him. Also you got and UD priest. Wotf out of a seduce, trinket another, then he has 1 2.5 sec seduce for the next 15 seconds, and you can blind succubus when DR are finishing as well. So unless he cant avoid mage sheeps somehow, it feels you are just getting outplayed.

#15 Arcaneas

Arcaneas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2064
  • 3v3: 2067
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

I personally give them Hella Props....Most locks are use to the LOL roll my face on the keyboard play from s2/s3/s4... now they take alot more skill and die easier so the few good locks that are up there deserve it congrats to the mage and warlock for achieving this.

#16 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

Nerf destruction warlocks!

That;s the one think I actually didn't expect seeing.

But honestly, I cant see how is it possible to lose as double undead rogue priest. Destruction warlocks are so fragile and with no serious health leeching like affliction, they cant outlive your cooldowns. Oh and seduce is dispellable as well, just make your priest wake up and dispel you. Once warlock uses his portal, if you get him before it is up again, he is so dead. 2 vanish, 2 sprint, wotf trinket and clos seem plenty to make quick work of him. Also you got and UD priest. Wotf out of a seduce, trinket another, then he has 1 2.5 sec seduce for the next 15 seconds, and you can blind succubus when DR are finishing as well. So unless he cant avoid mage sheeps somehow, it feels you are just getting outplayed.

Its not like you can avoid sheeps when your rogue is taking heavy damage. They can easily gib rogue in one deep freeze while priest is counterspelled / chain seduced. It sounds easy in theory but in reality the fact that seduce is instant cast with no cd is really annoying — you trinket one and you can hardly pull out anything before you are seduced again.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#17 Elamite

Elamite
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

If you trinket the second seduction, you will get caught in a deep freeze. The mage is good enough to break the stealth after you vanish. Most arenas, there is only one way to chase the warlock back up to where he put his summoning circle down on. And while I am being seduced the priest is either poly'd or counterspelled. They have plenty of time to do what they want to and after poly and seduce dr's on the rogue switch seduce onto priest. Will of the Forsaken would be useful if it still actually gave the buff for 5 seconds.

#18 Elamite

Elamite
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

No doubt, I respect these players. It's not just an amazing combo, but they play it flawlessly. Funny though, they have played like 500+ games within a couple of days. Really good players, and I agree they deserve props. Until a flood of warock mages come through they deserve their ratings.

#19 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

Like what the fuck lol :P

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#20 Cratty

Cratty
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

I can see the new

"DESTRO R OP BLIZZARD PLZ HELP WE CANT GET HIGH RATINGZ NO MOAR!"

posts from the countless pallies who can't CLICK their bubble fast enough.

yeah CLEARLY when this game was being developed and blink was considered they decided that blinking from the street to the sidewalk would be overpowered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<