#41 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:52 AM

Any time you are setting up a ERW burst, you should definitely be in UP because that will make the burst that much stronger. Burst != Sustained.

Maybe this is kind of weird question (that cannot be answered), but you assume that Unholy presence is better then the Blood presence - that the 0.5sec lowered GCD is better then 15% dmg increase for burst? Or do you mean just swaping to Unholy pres when you are going to strangulate + burst down the pally? I never swap to unholy presence when i have talents in Unholy Aura :(...
Also I would like to ask, how everyone play shadowfrost with pally at 2s? Do you play it like "lets burst something down" and you win/loose the arena in like 2 mins? Or you play the arena like us and defend alot and we play each arena like for 30 mins waiting for a good time to CC the healer and kill his dps? I wonder about this alot because every pal+dk/feral team we meet against us just tries to burst my pally down (and they are alot of times successful at that). Maybe we do it bad, but when i try pally from the start, the DK just tries to peel me off and i cant get to the healer to break him (same problem with feral drood that is even more terrible, because he just maim > cyclone > roots me). So i just sit on DK tryin to switch to pal by using death grip when he has divine plea on himself and then we just try to nuke him down (but thats alot of times epic fail and it ends up that the DK just leaves me and goes to my pally bursting him out like crazy and he just have to use bubble 1st. Maybe it sounds lame/weird, but thats just true and we do not consider ourselves "lame" players or something like that.

#42 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

after testing a while with target dummy, unholy presence does do as much dmg as blood presence in sustain dmg department. In PvE scenario blood will offer more dps because of multiplier effects, but self buffed they offer identical dps when test on target dummy.

#43 Urhiel

Urhiel
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

Yes, but that's on melee range(due to the 15% haste and more KM procs). When you are kited, blood presence is always better. And since you can never have an 100% uptime in PvP(unless the other team is total scrubs) Blood will provide more sustained damage. Still, Unholy Presence is useful situationally and worth swapping into sometimes,especially for DRW, as it has been suggested.

#44 Naliel

Naliel
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anetheron
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

did anyone thought of binding focus taunt on it/ps/... to keep the healer in combat if he's in range and los?

#45 Urhiel

Urhiel
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:50 AM

Might actually try making a macro for it, also does Dark Command actually eat tremors?

Official Blizzard Quote:

The intent was just to split the damage into part physical and part Shadow. We didn't want the split itself to be a penalty, if that makes sense.

No, it doesn't.

#46 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

Might actually try making a macro for it, also does Dark Command actually eat tremors?

Never tried but DKs taunt does not eat tremors imo. Also, it would be waste of Global CD, better to have ghoul stomp macro on IT and PS.

#47 Naliel

Naliel
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anetheron
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

taunt has no gcd

#48 Kane49

Kane49
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Zirkel des Cenarius
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

#showtooltip Blood Boil
/click MultiBarLeftButton1
/cast [target=Ebon Gargoyle,harm] Dark Command;
/cast [target=focus,exists] Dark Command
/click MultiBarLeftButton2
/cast Blood Boil(Rank 4)

MultiBarLeftButton1 is my Runestrike Macro
MultiBarLeftButton2 is my Totemstomp Macro
SEASON 5 PALADIN DEATHKNIGHT HERO

#49 LordDamien

LordDamien
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Garithos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

What is the ideal rotation for maximum dps output using this spec in arena? leaving out all the utility such as mind freeze and such.

#50 Urhiel

Urhiel
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

/castrandom Spellbook
Seriously though, it's obviously IT,BB,PS(whenever on melee Range), repeat, then ITx4, DCx2-3, preferably in UH presence. Follow that with PS and repeat. But the rotation is based on many things, such as: IS blood Plague on a Target? Is the target slowed? Am i on Melee range? etc

Official Blizzard Quote:

The intent was just to split the damage into part physical and part Shadow. We didn't want the split itself to be a penalty, if that makes sense.

No, it doesn't.

#51 Triumvirate

Triumvirate
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:18 AM

did anyone thought of binding focus taunt on it/ps/... to keep the healer in combat if he's in range and los?

yes, i use it.

#52 Shuffy

Shuffy

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:52 AM

RIP shadowfrost :(

I mean, :D
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<