• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#41 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:53 AM

Gee

You can choose to use it as an interrupt with a stun on DR or you can choose to wait till its off DR.

The nerf to maim is right where it should be.

no it should continue to interrupt even when it's on DR, it's a feral druids only interrupt in cat form.
"Love should be put into action!"
screamed the old hermit.
Across the pond an echo
tried and tried to confirm it.

#42 silverbolt

silverbolt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:57 AM

You won't freedom automatically anyway if they're casting with the 3 second interrupt.

#43 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

I always like how Feral Druids act like they don't have Bear Form and Caster Form.

#44 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

I always like how Feral Druids act like they don't have Bear Form and Caster Form.

God you're right, why didn't I think of that, the next time I need to interrupt that 1.5 second heal I'll just shift to my on-the-GCD bear form and hit my 30 second cooldown (talented) on-the-GCD Bash to interrupt it.

EXCEPT OH WAIT, BASH WILL SHARE DR WITH MAIM SO THAT WON'T WORK EITHER.

I guess you're suggesting that I shift to my on-the-GCD bear form, run back 8 yards, and charge the 1.5s heal?

Or use my nonexistent caster form interrupt/be prescient and use my 1.5 second cast Cyclone (which will probably get OFF-the-GCD Mind Freezed anyway) to interrupt the 1.5s heal?

#45 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:13 AM

Who says none of us utilize those tools as well? Bash also shares DR with maim by the way in case you missed that. Not to mention feral charge requires distance to even use - it's not exactly the easiest interrupt tool when you're on the target that requires an interrupt.
Cyclone is amazing if used right, but even then that only goes so far.

I've played feral in high end arenas every single season. I know how to fucking play one.
lolwut

#46 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:17 AM

Who says none of us utilize those tools as well? Bash also shares DR with maim by the way in case you missed that. Not to mention feral charge requires distance to even use - it's not exactly the easiest interrupt tool when you're on the target that requires an interrupt.
Cyclone is amazing if used right, but even then that only goes so far.

I've played feral in high end arenas every single season. I know how to fucking play one.

i think we should run away together and reroll death knights

p.s. go online too!

#47 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

p.s. go online too!

We're on the ptr. Come play. :D

PvP server. ;x
lolwut

#48 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

We're on the ptr. Come play. :D

PvP server. ;x

ewww i don't have it downloaded :(

do you have a TR account?

#49 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:37 AM

ewww i don't have it downloaded :(

do you have a TR account?

No. :( I'm too lazy to write the essay.

edit: okay i'll come online. @[email protected]
lolwut

#50 Exiledshmoo

Exiledshmoo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:59 AM

Wow you are so on top of things. I will not even rehash what the others have already gone over, but changing forms activates the GCD. Imagine your Mind Freeze is on the GCD and has a 1.5 second cast. That is bear form bash for us. Then we get to burn another gcd before we can start doing damage in cat again.

Yes druids have other abilities in other forms.
Yes druids get penalized with extra GCDs to make use out of them.

#51 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:11 AM

Then be on top of the game, if you are trying to kill a healer its not that hard to predict a heal and just cyclone while you wait for the maim to be of diminishing. I mean, restos were doing that in 2's to let rogues regen energy when you were still a baby.

Maim nerf was needed, a druid being able to shift out of every snare/root and being immune to sheeps is all the counters a mage need.

And as a rogue, i'd gladly give you my evasion/CloS/Vanish in return for cyclone/bearform/last stand/shift out of roots/shadowstep/heals/130-145% movement speed -yes, even your damage.

You'll still be good in 3.1, even without the old maim and 20% dmg on shred.

#52 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

p.s. go online too!

i want to run double feral druid/resto druid with you guys one day

glad status ez
screamed the old hermit.
Across the pond an echo

#53 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:20 AM

Then be on top of the game, if you are trying to kill a healer its not that hard to predict a heal and just cyclone while you wait for the maim to be of diminishing. I mean, restos were doing that in 2's to let rogues regen energy when you were still a baby.

Maim nerf was needed, a druid being able to shift out of every snare/root and being immune to sheeps is all the counters a mage need.

And as a rogue, i'd gladly give you my evasion/CloS/Vanish in return for cyclone/bearform/last stand/shift out of roots/shadowstep/heals/130-145% movement speed -yes, even your damage.

Just shut up.
lolwut

#54 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

glad status ez

That would be so fun. :P

Gul'dan and Gorgotrash need to merge and you need to reroll horde with us.
lolwut

#55 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

this goes a long way to explaining why there are zero ferals on any of the top 50 TR teams (US), i guess. want to count rogues?

#56 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

glad status ez

TR!

#57 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:41 AM

After considering things a little, I honestly don't even see how feral will be really playable.

Maim will be on DR pretty much 100% of the time, because we don't have any other melee control beyond Bash and Pounce. It won't even interrupt if they are immune.

If it's NOT on DR at all, on a target with a stun duration reduction talent, it'll last 3.5 seconds at 5 combo points (70% of 5 seconds). That's 0.5 seconds longer than a 1-point Maim now.

Think of playing a rogue against a healer with Gouge (no KS or Kick) as your only interrupt, except it shares DR with Cheap Shot (except, of course, you can damage through Maim, but it's a close enough analogy). Ferals have more damage, but Wound more than makes up for that. That's what it'll be like.

At least now you can keep interrupting when Maim's on DR. It's going to be really tough (to the point of near impossibility in some cases) to manage, if they don't fix this.

#58 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:10 AM

After considering things a little, I honestly don't even see how feral will be really playable.

Maim will be on DR pretty much 100% of the time, because we don't have any other melee control beyond Bash and Pounce. It won't even interrupt if they are immune.

If it's NOT on DR at all, on a target with a stun duration reduction talent, it'll last 3.5 seconds at 5 combo points (70% of 5 seconds). That's 0.5 seconds longer than a 1-point Maim now.

Think of playing a rogue against a healer with Gouge (no KS or Kick) as your only interrupt, except it shares DR with Cheap Shot (except, of course, you can damage through Maim, but it's a close enough analogy). Ferals have more damage, but Wound more than makes up for that. That's what it'll be like.

At least now you can keep interrupting when Maim's on DR. It's going to be really tough (to the point of near impossibility in some cases) to manage, if they don't fix this.

You're making me sad again. Q_Q
lolwut

#59 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:01 AM

would you perfer it to go back to a incompacitate but break on dmg instead of having it as a stun with stun DR?

#60 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:02 AM

would you perfer it to go back to a incompacitate but break on dmg instead of having it as a stun with stun DR?

every feral in the universe would.

every good feral anyway
screamed the old hermit.
Across the pond an echo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<