#1 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

Does anyone else feel like the nerf to maim is a little extreme?

Not only is it going to be able to be freedomed, blinked, ect. - but they're reducing the duration of it by 1 second. Not to mention the fact that it shares DR with every single other stun in the game (unless I missed somewhere that it doesn't with a certain stun).

Throw in the fact that the CD of maim is 10 seconds, causing it to still be on DR once the CD is up.

As our only cat interrupt, I think it's a bit much. :(
lolwut

#2 Syker

Syker
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

Please tell me youre not serious.. its a fix and not a nerf because it had to be done.

#3 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:31 AM

Please tell me youre not serious.. its a fix and not a nerf because it had to be done.

I never said maim didn't need a change, but the fact that our only cat interrupt is going to be on DR with itself is stupid as fuck.
lolwut

#4 Kohhan

Kohhan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

doubt it will be a 10 second cd when its released lol

#5 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

I never said maim didn't need a change, but the fact that our only cat interrupt is going to be on DR with itself is stupid as fuck.

you are absolutey right
it should have a 20 second cd just like kidney

#6 Wildo

Wildo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:36 AM

Now if you can catch someone in a full maim with no outs, it won't break randomly and win you the game.

#7 Miirkat

Miirkat
  • Premium Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:07 AM

Now if you can catch someone in a full maim with no outs, it won't break randomly and win you the game.

Exactly. In terms of 2s I find this more of a buff and a nerf. Only thing I'm concerned about is if Pounce will have it's own separate DR like Cheap Shot. However then, it's not a big issue anyways.

In terms of Freedom, it's usually burned on the Paladin's partner anyway to stick on my priest. I often bait Freedom with Roots just so I can Maim/Cyclone anyways.

Mages worried about Maims now? So what... are they going to let us sit on them and save Blink until we Maim? I'm fire with sitting on top of a Mage and not have to worry about his getting away from me. And if he Blinks - Feral Charge then Maim.

#8 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:13 AM

you are absolutey right
it should have a 20 second cd just like kidney

And that'd be grand just as soon as they give us sap, kick, gouge, blind and vanish. oooh! and cloak of shadows.

The whole point of maim was is wasn't another copy-paste of a warrior or rogue ability. The better fix would have simply added a little phrase on the end of the tooltip that said "effects which reduce the duration of stuns and reduce damage taken while stunned also effect Maim".

I know mages have cried about it but grow up: druids have to deal with judge justice killing our kiting. Welcome to your counter, it's been this way since 60.

I don't really see the need for the nerf right now: granted feral/pally is a pretty stupid team in 2s, Blizz has said they don't care about 2s. Ferals are pretty non-existant in 3s and I think there's about 3 ferals in the top 100 5s right now. I'm up there but I'm not lying; it's because I'm in lolemberstorm atm.
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

#9 summlan

summlan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:06 AM

Ok 7 seconds stun might have been over the top, but why did they have to make it worse than kidney shot?

I dont think pounce will have a separate DR like cheapshot and kidney, you forget that were druids and not rogues, were suppose to have semi-shitty abilities to work with.

Its always been like that and always will. Even if they gave us fishingpoles to fight with and a total of 3 abilities someone would find a obscured combo and make it work.

#10 Ckmaster

Ckmaster
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1754
  • 3v3: 2343
  • RBG: 1136

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:25 AM

Its always been like that and always will. Even if they gave us fishingpoles to fight with and a total of 3 abilities someone would find a obscured combo and make it work.

There is that really good fishing pole with like 2K AP.

#11 summlan

summlan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

You have to excuse me, but you whine cus you got DR on your interupt? But.. It will still interupt no? Just that the stun will be shorter for each time you interupt? oO

Think of it like you needed combopoints for kick, it wasnt off GCD and after 3 kicks the target would be immune for 15 seconds.

#12 Smetig

Smetig
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1590
  • 3v3: 1713
  • LocationNone of your business fucker

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:30 AM

Think of it like you needed combopoints for kick, it wasnt off GCD and after 3 kicks the target would be immune for 15 seconds.

Aye got it,

they are welcome to make kick like that if I could trade it for some dmg + surv :>

#13 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:40 AM

Does anyone else feel like the nerf to maim is a little extreme?

Not only is it going to be able to be freedomed, blinked, ect. - but they're reducing the duration of it by 1 second. Not to mention the fact that it shares DR with every single other stun in the game (unless I missed somewhere that it doesn't with a certain stun).

Throw in the fact that the CD of maim is 10 seconds, causing it to still be on DR once the CD is up.

As our only cat interrupt, I think it's a bit much. :(

I posted something about it (and a suggestion) on the WoW boards: http://forums.worldo...443405971&sid=1

P.S. <3

oh, and i guess it doesn't share DR with cheap shot, haha

#14 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

Aye got it,

they are welcome to make kick like that if I could trade it for some dmg + surv :>

Rogues should have Primal Tenacity (30% damage reduction while stunned), probably as a passive baseline ability (a-la Spiritual Attunement).

#15 Innate

Innate
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:32 AM

was under the impression it was a 2 sec nerf to the duration (+ now its effected by stun talents)?

Maim: This ability is now considered a stun, and shares a diminish category with all other stuns. It no longer has a chance to break from the target taking damage. Duration lowered to 1 sec. per combo point.

to me sounds like now its 1/2/3/4/5 instead of 3/4/5/6/7

*in response to the person who said it was a 1 sec nerf
Check out my band! www.L-13.com

Innate 1: From Merciless Glad to Relentless Bad: http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=140827
Innate 2: High Ratings and Stuff: http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=165377

#16 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:58 AM

was under the impression it was a 2 sec nerf to the duration (+ now its effected by stun talents)?

Maim: This ability is now considered a stun, and shares a diminish category with all other stuns. It no longer has a chance to break from the target taking damage. Duration lowered to 1 sec. per combo point.

Yes, I believe this is correct.

#17 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:23 AM

My mistake. I read MMO wrong. ^___^

P.s: Datah, have my babies. ilu so much ;-;
lolwut

#18 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

My mistake. I read MMO wrong. ^___^

P.s: Datah, have my babies. ilu so much ;-;

Secondary and Rexing were mean to me in a random skirmish the other day. :(

But then we /danced and /hugged so it was alright.

#19 Zanny

Zanny
  • Xanny
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:54 AM

So besides the lack of shitty ass vanish (id prefer 30k hp 65% damage reduction form personally) why am I useful in arenas again?

Oh yeah im not.

Maim on anything less than a minute or something CD is overpowered when you copy the exact mechanic that was meant to make rogues unique.
Dont flame me I burn easily.

#20 Crew

Crew
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:55 AM

Secondary and Rexing were mean to me in a random skirmish the other day. :(

But then we /danced and /hugged so it was alright.

Ahahahha, yeah they told me all about it. :P
lolwut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<