Photo

[2v2] Got questions about HolyPala/Feral? Ask them here!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#161 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

Icematikx can you please tell me what we can do vs a Resto Shaman and a Retribution Paladin. The Retri played very well its place 2 in our Realm Pool. We tryed to cc the Shaman but it worked out for like one time. And of course the Pally Bubbled. Outlast is not working very well. The Shaman purged everything even replenishment. He was able to keep my Pally in Combat all the time and he wasnt able to drink. Any Strats for that comb?

Sry for my bad English.

Switch alot. Don't go on the Shaman alot because of Water Shield. Try switching to the Shaman and HoJ'ing a heal when he's at 6-8k which should force a BoP. You can sit on the Paladin and CC the shaman with HoJ/Repetance also.

Just remember that you don't have to win the game in 5minutes. Take the game on for as long as you need to. You should eventually win if you play it perfect.
:druid: Brutal Gladiator Icematikx
:warlock: Gladiator Icematikz

Streamlink: http://www.xfire.com...video/icematikx

Got a question for me?: http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=66109

#162 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

If the DK is on you, does your pally spam cleanse the diseases? Or just heal through it?
What about if the DK is on the pally?

We don't have much trouble when the DK trains the pally, but when the dk trains the feral, we start to get into trouble. We haven't tried the sit in bear strat yet though.

I mostly sit in Bear when the DK is on me since I have the -8% dmg talent while in Bear. I believe my Paladin just heals through the diseases. I only go cat when I'm full hp and have barkskin or sacrifice ready or the DK is on my Paladin, ofcourse.

#163 yergioso

yergioso
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:43 PM

I got a question. What do you do vs resto druid and lock? we are just getting buttraped, I cant kill anything with the hots and its so mutch control

#164 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1977
  • RBG: 1749

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

If you kill pets and pressure the lock the druid will either go oom trying to keep him up or leave the lock vulnerable while druid drinks (into Paladin's CC when he runs back to heal). If the lock is dotting you the only CC you should eat is cyclone with few fears since you are on the lock interrupting/CC'ing. If he is not spreading dots your paladin should have a very easy time healing. I think the key to winning this match is not to get frustrated by the situation if they put a lot of CC chain on you, keep playing smart and defensively and wait for your opening to burst the lock with berserk.

don't tunnel vision the druid even if his mana is low, the warlock has the potential to resummon a pet as well as put incredible pressure on your paladin if you do this.

Also, teleport is getting a big nerf next patch so it will be easier to land that kill on the lock.

#165 Ifix

Ifix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

I got a question. What do you do vs resto druid and lock? we are just getting buttraped, I cant kill anything with the hots and its so mutch control

get a hoj on the druid when he tries to get ccs going and follow it up with a maim,offheal when you're healer gets feared,tunneling warock wont work well with all the Cc

#166 Mcwiggles

Mcwiggles
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I needed a way to reach you and ask you a question so I'll just do it on this thread just incase anyone else is wondering.

Is your 3s team still active? Do you think its still viable?

#167 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I needed a way to reach you and ask you a question so I'll just do it on this thread just incase anyone else is wondering.

Is your 3s team still active? Do you think its still viable?

I doubt it's still viable. We lost to EVERY hunter team regardless of what team it is. Every hunter will beat you hands down.

You can usually beat every other team though although when we played shadowcleave wasn't around just yet.

#168 vettigeswa

vettigeswa
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

the biggest problem with this combo that I got is finding a decent paladin without a 2v2 on my server :( there is like 4-5 paladins maximum here. How do you guys think feral/rogue does? tried it and got to 2.1k, almost broke 2.2k at a point.

#169 Ifix

Ifix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

Feral rogue is ok,just looses to the main fotm pally+x,so i cant see it getting glad range ;:/

#170 Valkas

Valkas
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Darkmoon Faire
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

Well first of all i want to say i truely have respect for you because you are probably the best feral druid on WoW ^^

First question

Have you got any ideas on the new changes in 3.1?
Will they effect feral druids a lot or are we getting boosted ?

Second question

Euhm do you got any idea what we could do against warrior / pally setup?
We seem to have a lot of problems with them if i go on the pally the warriors goos to me or my partner ( pally ) and he just does insane damage on me or my partner and if i go for the warrior i just feed him with rage...
( haven't read all the post so sorry if its a double question )

Third question

Do you got a new spec in mind for 3.1?
And what kind of glyphs are you going to use?
I saw what kind of glyphs you could use in your post but there are changes now so will that effect any of the glyphs you are going to use ?

Regards Valkas

#171 Takanit

Takanit
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

So my RL friend who plays a druid asked me to try out this comp with him on my paladin alt. We've made it to 2200+ with a pretty terrible w/l ratio since he was in blues and we really had no idea WTF we were doing. It's his first DPS (he played resto in S3 and S4) and my first healer since I've mainly played hunter. I think we're both pretty good players, but we are very inexperienced with the playstyle of our respective classes and the comp itself.

Here are our armories, we've recently decided to gay it up and pickup engineering, but we were 2.2k before we got them.

http://www.wowarmory...rnace&n=Hoiinks
http://www.wowarmory...nace&n=Carsomyr

Also, we don't raid so PvP gear is all we can use for the most part.

Our biggest problem is DK teams, mainly DK/pal. They just sit on him the whole game and do massive damage, even when he's in bear since icy touch and diseases are magic damage. This allows the other paladin to play very aggressively and just run after me to HoJ a heal, which usually forces a trinket since it makes me fall behind on healing.

Basically, we can put up a lot of pressure during our burst periods (even moreso since we've picked up GLG) but it's rarely enough to score kills because of the sheer amount of defensive cooldowns they can use. Killing pets seems nearly worthless because of NotD.

However, the problem is when the cooldowns are used and it goes down to DK vs feral. I literally have to spam heals to not fall behind and the other paladin only needs to flash occasionally while he runs after me waiting for a crit icy touch to start his chain. In short, our pressure falls down to pretty much zero and the paladin is free to plea and play offensively.

Most games end up with the DK doing about twice as much damage as my druid. I assume this isn't typical and we're doing something very wrong.

Would appreciate any advice. =)

#172 buramin

buramin
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

I was just wondering about shammy/lock teams. We were cruising up to 2175 or so when we ran into a couple different teams with this setup. thanks.

#173 Ifix

Ifix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

So my RL friend who plays a druid asked me to try out this comp with him on my paladin alt. We've made it to 2200+ with a pretty terrible w/l ratio since he was in blues and we really had no idea WTF we were doing. It's his first DPS (he played resto in S3 and S4) and my first healer since I've mainly played hunter. I think we're both pretty good players, but we are very inexperienced with the playstyle of our respective classes and the comp itself.

Here are our armories, we've recently decided to gay it up and pickup engineering, but we were 2.2k before we got them.

http://www.wowarmory...rnace&n=Hoiinks
http://www.wowarmory...nace&n=Carsomyr

Also, we don't raid so PvP gear is all we can use for the most part.

Our biggest problem is DK teams, mainly DK/pal. They just sit on him the whole game and do massive damage, even when he's in bear since icy touch and diseases are magic damage. This allows the other paladin to play very aggressively and just run after me to HoJ a heal, which usually forces a trinket since it makes me fall behind on healing.

Basically, we can put up a lot of pressure during our burst periods (even moreso since we've picked up GLG) but it's rarely enough to score kills because of the sheer amount of defensive cooldowns they can use. Killing pets seems nearly worthless because of NotD.

However, the problem is when the cooldowns are used and it goes down to DK vs feral. I literally have to spam heals to not fall behind and the other paladin only needs to flash occasionally while he runs after me waiting for a crit icy touch to start his chain. In short, our pressure falls down to pretty much zero and the paladin is free to plea and play offensively.

Most games end up with the DK doing about twice as much damage as my druid. I assume this isn't typical and we're doing something very wrong.

Would appreciate any advice. =)

just freedom out of hojs,it is actually normal that the dk does alot more damage due to bear ;P you shou^ld probably try to get offensive right at the start,what we do (with me as engineer) is make the pally bubble in the first 20 seconds with berserk/glg/hoj/shock on pally and a hoj after pounce > maim,you will force bubble (or atleast i will) if you start it off like that they will play defensively,the dk will sit on the druid,just tank hum in bear untill you can get a cyclone running (if he pummels it,redo it after the silence is done,follow that up with a repentance and switch to the pally with bof (or as ice does it they kill the dk,so just get a charge> cyclone on the pally,followed by a repentance > hoj and burst the dk with everything while the pally is CCed.

#174 Takanit

Takanit
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, that HoJ part was pretty vague on my part, let me clarify.

If you get HoJ'ed while casting a heal, the interrupt also affects your hand spells, so by the time you can freedom out of it, the stun is almost over anyways. When I said it forces a trinket, I was referring to the repentance that follows the HoJ since I've fallen behind on heals a lot by that point and really need to trinket.

We'll try going more aggressive on the paladin at the start and during switches, thanks for the advice. =)

#175 kickshaw32

kickshaw32

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:07 AM

I run druid / hpally but have pretty bad gear (low AP AND resil) and I think my partner and I do excellent for our gear and our strats are pretty solid.. But Shaman/Hunter and Pally/Hunter just obliterate us. I read your strats and tried it and we just cannot do anything. I was wondering if you could give me some more specific advice on how the match goes for you guys.

shammy/hunter problem: My healer gets full wyverned, into hex, into scatter, into freeze trap and gets shocked non stop at healing. as I am being spammed with TNT and entrapment and get eaten alive in bear. When we try to switch to healer with hoj and rep on hunter I just get blown to hell even with barkskin/sacrifice once the rep wares off the hunter. We tried pillar humping to mitigate dmg at certain times but they just lay a frost trap at the pillar and there's really nothing to do to mitigate dmg.

Is my paladin not doing his job dodging ESs and hexes? I try to feral charge as many hexs as I can but with TNT and entrapment its almost impossible.

Pally/hunter problems: We stand a fair chance against this team but normally the hunter just deals way too much damage for myself and my healer to handle, even in bear, even when I have 550 resilience. The hunter just scatter shots from 20 or so yds on my pally and Freezing Arrow traps him so I cannot get there in time to eat it. And eventually with their paladin's DPS assist they can kill me with no problem.

And on a side note, about 90% of the pally DK's on Cyclone BG seem to have dual Gnomish Lightning Generators and corpse explosion for their pet. and they can kill my paladin partner instantly from 100% to dead with avenging wrath shocking w/double generator+corpse explosion if they HOJ a heal... even when I immediately maim the DK he just saves his trinket for it and blows my pally up... my pally dies 9/10 times without even getting to bubble in the 3 second school silence. Any help on countering this? (and yes my pally wears almost max resil)

#176 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

You could probably stand to play a lot more defensively, give your paladin some time to get out of range of HoJ lockout. If you're letting both of them in melee range of your paladin like that it is definately going to be hard to stay alive, even without a 100-0 burst they'd force a bubble and just do it again a minute later.

Make the DK want to fight you head on, put him in as much CC as you can based on what CD's he is using on you, until he stops chasing your Pala. It is going to be tricky next patch when maim is a stun, but for now you can maim if IBF + AMS are both up, or use cyclone if AMS is down, or bash if IBF is down. Use feral charge bear on the DK to bait a freedom, cyclone him out of that. Worst case is you get silenced or interrupted and that is one less tool to use on the paladin.

If you get breathing room for your pala from DK and their paladin is playing offensively you might be able to get a kill on the DK pet. In 3.1 this pet is going to stay dead most of the time (assuming DK's still play unholy next patch).

A quick swap to their paladin while the DK is in cyclone with trinket down can usually force a paladin bubble when your pala hoj's at < 50%. Play defensively for a minute and try it again, but note that a good DK will spend the next 3-5 minutes trying to lock you down until his partner's bubble is back up. You should do the same in the event your paladin loses bubble.

#177 Moostomp

Moostomp
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:47 AM

Two thumbs up on this thread.
pretty cool stuff.

#178 kickshaw32

kickshaw32

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:18 AM

You could probably stand to play a lot more defensively, give your paladin some time to get out of range of HoJ lockout. If you're letting both of them in melee range of your paladin like that it is definately going to be hard to stay alive, even without a 100-0 burst they'd force a bubble and just do it again a minute later.

Make the DK want to fight you head on, put him in as much CC as you can based on what CD's he is using on you, until he stops chasing your Pala. It is going to be tricky next patch when maim is a stun, but for now you can maim if IBF + AMS are both up, or use cyclone if AMS is down, or bash if IBF is down. Use feral charge bear on the DK to bait a freedom, cyclone him out of that. Worst case is you get silenced or interrupted and that is one less tool to use on the paladin.

If you get breathing room for your pala from DK and their paladin is playing offensively you might be able to get a kill on the DK pet. In 3.1 this pet is going to stay dead most of the time (assuming DK's still play unholy next patch).

A quick swap to their paladin while the DK is in cyclone with trinket down can usually force a paladin bubble when your pala hoj's at < 50%. Play defensively for a minute and try it again, but note that a good DK will spend the next 3-5 minutes trying to lock you down until his partner's bubble is back up. You should do the same in the event your paladin loses bubble.

I am sorry but this is vague and obvious information. I use maim whenever he deathgrips... into a cyclone while hes maimed so he cant AMS.. Bash after cyclone... root after bash and cyclone on pally so he cant freedom him

Its just eventually DRs set in... and spamming blood boil and chains on my pally (he cant freedom or he gets hojed) they catch up and 100% to 0% him in less than 2 globals... its stupid... IS there anything anyone can think of? other than the obvious "CC HIM"

#179 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

If your paladin is having that much trouble keeping his distance from the DK on non-sewers map you probably need to switch to their paladin while DK is in a cyclone with no trinket/ibf up. You'll need to pressure their paladin hard enough that peeling is the only option for the DK.

Also, if you can I would try to farm naxx25 for grim toll. I finally got one on friday and there is no describing how much better the ~40% (now 50% with 3.1) armor penetration is than 1000 ap proc I had from mirror of truth is. I just wish I had it and the JE I got same day earlier in the season so I could have put it to good use. Good start for s6 though I suppose, I wasn't looking forward to playing with titansteel vs ppl in ulduar weapons until I got 4500 pts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<