Photo

[2v2] Got questions about HolyPala/Feral? Ask them here!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#1 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Hello.

I've been receiving alot of questions since the beginning of season 5 about how we play our setup and such. As answering whispers ingame is too time consuming especially when I'm raiding/doing arena, I often don't have time to reply to whispers.

I have created this thread so that Druids & Holy Paladins alike may ask me a question and so that I can reply when I have time free.

Specs of HolyPala / Feral:

Feral Druid: http://www.wowhead.c...fbdbeRIfuVo0E0z

(I play this build because I feel it's the best for 2v2 with a Holy Paladin. I chose Protector of the Pack because we play 'outlast' in 2v2 and reduction of damage always helps when I'm getting nuked).

Holy Paladin: http://www.wowhead.c...VzGZZVfrxrh0dos

(He plays repetance spec because Judgements of the Wise helps to keep up mine and his mana and also Repetance allows for insane CC chains to kill a target).

My Glyph Choices:

Mangle: 6Seconds longer on Mangle is awesome and means I can shred a few more times without re-applying Mangle.

Shred: Shredding while my target is in a Pounce/Maim/HoJ is awesome.

Maul: You never know when a second Maul is going to win you the game. Getting an extra Maul on that Paladin and applying a slow is pretty cool.

My 3.1 Glyph Choices:

Mangle: Same as above

Berserk or Shred: 5second longer Berserk could be pretty cool but the problem with Berserk is that after 15seconds, you're at 0energy waiting for it to regen anyway. Shred might be OK for sustainable DPS especially on paladins. Depends on the dominance of classes.

Savage Roar: More damage is awesome! :)

Screenshot of Bindings:

http://img24.imagesh...0/keybindsj.jpg

#2 Melar

Melar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Garrosh
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

Sup Ice.

1a. When and why do you cyclone?

1b. Shred and positioning and DPS rotations. How do you set up shreds, whats your thoughts on SR and Rip uptime, etc.

2. What do you think of the 3.1 changes?

3. You said you play outlast, how do you avoid burst/CC out of teams like hunter/healer, dk/healer? (We seem to lose 80% to hunter/pally, 40% dk/pally, mainly to them setting up burst into their crazy CC trains)

#3 Militus

Militus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

lolicematik

Come back to Blackout!

#4 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

Sup Ice.

1a. When and why do you cyclone?

1b. Shred and positioning and DPS rotations. How do you set up shreds, whats your thoughts on SR and Rip uptime, etc.

2. What do you think of the 3.1 changes?

3. You said you play outlast, how do you avoid burst/CC out of teams like hunter/healer, dk/healer? (We seem to lose 80% to hunter/pally, 40% dk/pally, mainly to them setting up burst into their crazy CC trains)

1. I cyclone when my Paladin needs assistance (e.g getting RNG'd by a hunter). I try not to waste the DR on Cyclones because a 3second Cyclone doesn't help anybody. I cyclone when I want to switch (e.g. Switch from Hunter to Paladin = Cyclone Hunter). I also Cyclone the healer after a CC chain from my Paladin to get a kill (e.g. HoJ a heal > Repetance > Cyclone = DPS dies)

1b. I only cast 1 or 2 combo points Savage Roar when I'm nuking a target. I keep up Rake the whole time while DPSing and I rip more often than I ferocious bite. My Savage Roar rotation is something like Mangle > Maim > Rake > Savage Roar. I shred whenever possible and use my Tiger's Fury to do 2x shreds.

2. The 3.1 changes seem fine. The change from Maim becoming a stun is not official yet and isn't too reliable but it will be OK since Maim breaks after 3k damage or so. The Savage Roar change seems to be a buff especially to high hitting crits (Shred, Bite). The bleed's critting are pure awesome. My Glyph choice will be: Mangle, Shred, Savage Roar.

3. I play Defensive and we outlast. Vs DK/healer I sit on the DK the whole game pretty much and we CC chain the Paladin (HoJ heal > Repetance > Cyclone) with bleeds up on the DK. Whenever the DK Deathgrips my Paladin, I Bash/Maim depending on my form.

Versus Hunter/Healer teams I mostly sit on the Hunter. However, we only win by switching to the Paladin. I cyclone the Hunter and go offensive on the Paladin with my Paladin HoJ'ing heals and Holy Shocking. It's important to call out switches on vent so that your Paladin knows.

We have a 95% winchance vs Hunter/Pala and 100% winchance vs DK/Pala or so.

#5 Melar

Melar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Garrosh
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

1. I cyclone when my Paladin needs assistance (e.g getting RNG'd by a hunter). I try not to waste the DR on Cyclones because a 3second Cyclone doesn't help anybody. I cyclone when I want to switch (e.g. Switch from Hunter to Paladin = Cyclone Hunter). I also Cyclone the healer after a CC chain from my Paladin to get a kill (e.g. HoJ a heal > Repetance > Cyclone = DPS dies)

1b. I only cast 1 or 2 combo points Savage Roar when I'm nuking a target. I keep up Rake the whole time while DPSing and I rip more often than I ferocious bite. My Savage Roar rotation is something like Mangle > Maim > Rake > Savage Roar. I shred whenever possible and use my Tiger's Fury to do 2x shreds.

2. The 3.1 changes seem fine. The change from Maim becoming a stun is not official yet and isn't too reliable but it will be OK since Maim breaks after 3k damage or so. The Savage Roar change seems to be a buff especially to high hitting crits (Shred, Bite). The bleed's critting are pure awesome. My Glyph choice will be: Mangle, Shred, Savage Roar.

3. I play Defensive and we outlast. Vs DK/healer I sit on the DK the whole game pretty much and we CC chain the Paladin (HoJ heal > Repetance > Cyclone) with bleeds up on the DK. Whenever the DK Deathgrips my Paladin, I Bash/Maim depending on my form.

Versus Hunter/Healer teams I mostly sit on the Hunter. However, we only win by switching to the Paladin. I cyclone the Hunter and go offensive on the Paladin with my Paladin HoJ'ing heals and Holy Shocking. It's important to call out switches on vent so that your Paladin knows.

We have a 95% winchance vs Hunter/Pala and 100% winchance vs DK/Pala or so.

Hmm it seems to me you're saying that you dont really play outlast, rather that you play defensively until you can set up a CC chain into a berserk. Am I right?

#6 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hmm it seems to me you're saying that you dont really play outlast, rather that you play defensively until you can set up a CC chain into a berserk. Am I right?

We play defensively until we can setup a CC chain in a sense, yes. However, this CC chain can take up to 40minutes to happen and as such as Outlast their cooldowns / their mistakes until we can take an oppurtunity to exploit it.

Outlast has no 'mana' meaning vs Paladins since they never go oom. However, vs Priest/Rogue for example, we do truely play 'outlast' and win by the Priest going oom usually or exploit him drinking by HoJ'ing the Rogue and scoring a kill with the Shred glyph.

#7 Melar

Melar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Garrosh
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

Ha, I guess I was locked into thinking about "outlast" in the TBC sense, ooming the healer.

Yeah, priest/rogue is pretty trivial, so many ways to win, if you keep the rogue controlled through his CD's. I guess what you're saying is you play other DPS/Healers the same way, it just takes longer to set up the eventual CC+Burst.

#8 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

prob outta put this in the guide section
"Love should be put into action!"
screamed the old hermit.
Across the pond an echo
tried and tried to confirm it.

#9 Mooneternal

Mooneternal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nesingwary
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

What do you do against rogues that pop evasion and sprint and that lag horribly? (they teleport everywhere and you can barely hit them)

#10 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:31 PM

What do you do against rogues that pop evasion and sprint and that lag horribly? (they teleport everywhere and you can barely hit them)

Feral Charge > Bash ;p
:druid: Brutal Gladiator Icematikx
:warlock: Gladiator Icematikz

Streamlink: http://www.xfire.com...video/icematikx

Got a question for me?: http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=66109

#11 Shadowrawr

Shadowrawr
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

Would you mind explaining your prof choices? Or they just happen to be what they happen to be? <.<

Also, couldn't help but notice that you opted for 2p Glad + 2p 7.5 over 4p Glad. I have found the speed bonus to simply glorious in general. What's your basis for your choice?
ShadowRAWRZ - Feral
Posted Image

#12 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:33 AM

What.. You actually need tactics for that comp?

#13 georgez

georgez

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:55 AM

why ruin a beautiful yet hardly played comp by giving everybody strats to it
qq

also.. why do you play out-last seems pretty pointless

#14 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

Would you mind explaining your prof choices? Or they just happen to be what they happen to be? <.<

Also, couldn't help but notice that you opted for 2p Glad + 2p 7.5 over 4p Glad. I have found the speed bonus to simply glorious in general. What's your basis for your choice?

Enchanting + Herbalism

Herbalism is there because I can't be arsed to get a new prof and spend gold on it ;p. Enchanting's pretty cool so I'll stick with it.

I use 2p t7 for the rip bonus and for the gain in AP. I use rip more than ferocious bite and the +15% movement speed isn't really a problem since I get freedoms and have +30% passive.

#15 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

why ruin a beautiful yet hardly played comp by giving everybody strats to it
qq

also.. why do you play out-last seems pretty pointless

I get too many questions to answer them as explained.

Outlast is the reason I'm at 2.7k and 1st and you're at 2.5k and 5th I guess ;p

#16 Ifix

Ifix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:31 AM

Against dk/pally sitting on the dk in cat or bear ? (i'm playing priest feral and my priest goes nuts if i go one to one on a dk in cat,ridic damage,no clue what it's like with a rep pally tho (like pallys oom :/)

#17 Icematiklól

Icematiklól
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:38 AM

Against dk/pally sitting on the dk in cat or bear ? (i'm playing priest feral and my priest goes nuts if i go one to one on a dk in cat,ridic damage,no clue what it's like with a rep pally tho (like pallys oom :/)

We usually sit on the DK and CC the Paladin for a kill.

I go cat "one on one" vs the DK when I either have Barkskin or Blessing of Sacrifice. I don't usually go Cat unless I have either one of those although I'll sometimes go Cat and get a Rip up then go back bear.

I guess you could try nuking the Paladin, MD bubble and nuke after the bubble with berserk. You'd have 2 play really offensive though.

#18 megakill

megakill
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

ice bro. I have a request.

Please do a complete overview of what you do against who. I dont care what you wrote making sense or anything. Just write whatever you feel, things you learned and how you learned. How did you start as a feral druid. How is your communication with your partner. How do you plan your games. What addons you prefer. Which of the abilites you macro and dont. JUst anything whenever you're bored.
I just want to get to learn from your experience. I am still a novice feral druid.

thanks in advance.

#19 Secondarie

Secondarie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:14 AM

Hunter/Shaman
how do u do it plz

#20 georgez

georgez

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:49 AM

I get too many questions to answer them as explained.

Outlast is the reason I'm at 2.7k and 1st and you're at 2.5k and 5th I guess ;p

maybe cuz we went 33-0 last week and didnt play the week after and lost #1? ;p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<