ahjus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Azuremyst
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

A few things that I have discovered:

If playing vs a priest / shammie, make SURE to have rank 1 motw and rank 1 thorns on your bar and use them on yourself and your teammate whenever possible. Nothing is better than destroying 300-400 enemy mana with almost no cost to yourself. They also protect your hots which (especially with 5/5 subtely) rocks.

Vs warlocks (imo a druid's only problem) there is an advantage to each arena and they must be exploited in order to drink (aka get the pet away from you)

Blades edge: Top of the bridge in center, nature's grasp, felhunter hits it (if resists attempt a root or 2 on it). Jump off, LoS behind pillar. Usually i can get around 50-60% mana back doing this.

Nagrand: This one is the hardest (but easiest to LoS a lock). Hamstring the pet or NG it or CoEX it. run to opposite corner in travel form, attempt to drink. Usually i only get 1-3 ticks or 5-20% mana back.

Lorderon: Ok, this one is very fun and hard, but at the same time, its GAME BREAKING. A warlock's pet can be despawned. The best way to do this is force the lock to come inside a starting area. Then you should root him and hit travel form and run to the opposite starting area. Your teammate at this point should use either CoEX or hamstring on the lock (and fear if possible) to keep him far away. Then the teammate should gtfo and attempt to minimize damage. At this point if you get to the opposite side, the pet will despawn. If the lock is smart, he will summon it back, but that still allows you to drink to full usually.

#2 Branket

Branket
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:51 AM

A few things that I have discovered:

If playing vs a priest / shammie, make SURE to have rank 1 motw and rank 1 thorns on your bar and use them on yourself and your teammate whenever possible. Nothing is better than destroying 300-400 enemy mana with almost no cost to yourself. They also protect your hots which (especially with 5/5 subtely) rocks.

Vs warlocks (imo a druid's only problem) there is an advantage to each arena and they must be exploited in order to drink (aka get the pet away from you)

Blades edge: Top of the bridge in center, nature's grasp, felhunter hits it (if resists attempt a root or 2 on it). Jump off, LoS behind pillar. Usually i can get around 50-60% mana back doing this.

Nagrand: This one is the hardest (but easiest to LoS a lock). Hamstring the pet or NG it or CoEX it. run to opposite corner in travel form, attempt to drink. Usually i only get 1-3 ticks or 5-20% mana back.

Lorderon: Ok, this one is very fun and hard, but at the same time, its GAME BREAKING. A warlock's pet can be despawned. The best way to do this is force the lock to come inside a starting area. Then you should root him and hit travel form and run to the opposite starting area. Your teammate at this point should use either CoEX or hamstring on the lock (and fear if possible) to keep him far away. Then the teammate should gtfo and attempt to minimize damage. At this point if you get to the opposite side, the pet will despawn. If the lock is smart, he will summon it back, but that still allows you to drink to full usually.

Any non retarded warlock is going to fear you and mana drain as soon as he sees you casting roots(or spell lock). Crappy battlegroup?

#3 Wylde

Wylde
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:00 PM

any nonretarded druid isnt going to be standing within range of the warlock any more than he has to (the warlock will just mana drain WITHOUT having to fear...) crappy druid?

stay as far out of range as you can, with still being able to perform the necessary healing and cc needed to win

#4 Branket

Branket
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

"The best way to do this is force the lock to come inside a starting area. Then you should root him and hit travel form" ^^

#5 Doc

Doc
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:44 PM

Any non retarded warlock is going to fear you and mana drain as soon as he sees you casting roots(or spell lock). Crappy battlegroup?

Dont lure the lock into the starting zone unless he has already burnt his DC. As a Tauren, I warstomp (Bash works too, but its pretty unreliable imo) as soon as he is coming down the stairs inside the room. If the lock is stunned on the stairs, make a right or left curve depending on the side you are on to break the LoS. He wont get CoEX on you fast enough for it to make any difference. Usually u can stomp the lock where he is just behind the center pillar, making it too easy to get away.

#6 Sarita

Sarita

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:29 AM

Dont lure the lock into the starting zone unless he has already burnt his DC. As a Tauren, I warstomp (Bash works too, but its pretty unreliable imo) as soon as he is coming down the stairs inside the room. If the lock is stunned on the stairs, make a right or left curve depending on the side you are on to break the LoS. He wont get CoEX on you fast enough for it to make any difference. Usually u can stomp the lock where he is just behind the center pillar, making it too easy to get away.

If you're running away from a pet to drink and you have no spells on yourself the only way a felhunter can keep you in combat is meleeing you. If you have any spells the 8 second cooldown dispel will keep you in combat. (So don't cast spells on yourself while trying to run from a felhunter to drink unless absolutely neccesary.)

Also, take a look at the rank 1 post and make judicious use of rank 1 spells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<