Photo

tremor is complete shit now

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 Treb

Treb
  • Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:38 AM

My suggestion has been to have tremor proc one second once it's initially dropped so good shamans can outplay teams by dropping it right before they get feared, but then after that proc it will proc every 3 seconds so it's initially the same vs bad shamans.

That's how it was before the bug/nerf/WotLK; Priest coming to Fear bomb? Drop well-timed Tremor=>Feared=>Cleansed. I did like it that way because I did still get Feared sometimes, but it was probably a bit over the top on how many it broke. Still, a good Fear usually makes the game though.

#122 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:39 AM

Although I disagree with the nerf, I don't understand why "dropping Tremor before a Fear" is skilled. It truly is nothing like SWDing a Poly or Blind, because SWD has a cooldown and if you do it too early it will merely push back the Polymorph, whereas Tremor you can drop whenever you want and as long as you drop it somewhere in the middle of the Fear cast, it will do what you want. (Well, it would, now it won't =x)

Well, if you did it too early the pet that was on would kill it before the cast completed.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#123 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:48 AM

Because in the same vein shaman act as if they don't have an interrupt, their partners don't have interrupts, and hell that they don't even have partners sometimes.

For every post that complains shaman can't just lay a new tremor every GCD, there's a shaman ignoring that they simply don't need to. Between intelligent totem positions and their partners ability to hinder a team from removing it, it's extremely hard to ever fear a shaman. Yes, we got fears on shaman, but never to the point or length where they were truly effective.

Shaman want it so that they never get feared. We want it so you can get chain feared. Now, I already know someone will take that line and ignore everything else, but I'll say this anyway: the possibility of something and the execution are different things. You should have to choose "Do I heal and eat the fear or do I block/tremor the fear and heal after." Right now there's no intelligent choice because you can block/instantly remove so many fears that your partner never dips in HP because you're never CCed for a significant amount of time. Why? Because we seldomly get a full fear in. The ones we do get in tend to be on significant DR or be broken within a second. Shaman love the line "we can't just spam tremor," but you never consider the other side. Warlocks can't just spam fear. Our teams can't afford to wait to wand the totem, to waste a nightfall on it, for our pet to walk over to it. Any type of slow exacerbates the situation. We're not mages. We don't have ice lance. We don't have multiple forms of CC.

Our position on tremor vs fear is the same as your position on totem survivability.

http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=64817

they write that shit even after it's nerfed. I was torn between shitting my pants laughing and destroying random things in my room.

#124 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:56 AM

Instead you opted for option 3: NERDRAAAAGE

#125 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:44 AM

craton is just wrong, it's not HARD TO FEAR a shaman as a lock team

he discusses how the shaman's partner can stop fears, but doesn't mention how the warlock's partner can help get fears off

honestly, there's a balance somewhere--before it was too easy to just drop a totem and break fear instantly, now it's pretty ridiculous how much leeway the person fearing (especially priests) gets

totem positioning is RLY cool, but it doesn't work very well (IN MOST ARENAS) against a pet macro

as for wanding the totem, how can you not afford that? pretty sure it doesn't start a GCD anymore...good priests and locks have been wanding tremors throughout WOTLK
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#126 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

i know, but shamans actually require some skill to play, unlike the 4 button class wonder. :D

hey gnome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<