#41 kashflow

kashflow
  • Pistolgrip
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

I think it's fairly annoying to see all of these shamans argue for their 1 second tremor totem when good shamans already could prevent priests from fearing them. How is it fair that it's nearly impossible to land a fear on a shaman OR his teammates? I'm all for removal of totem stomping macros or whatever will make it balanced out, but instant pulse on tremor totem was absolutely retarded.

#42 feebled

feebled
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

Yeah I agree macros should go, but we didnt even have a chance to kill the totem while we feared. I would destroy totem -> fear he would of dropped another which i would try to atk but he would be out of the fear already. half the time it didnt even seems like the fear landed....

#43 Kitore

Kitore
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Bronzebeard
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

Our fear is on a CD, not like a locks where they can spam, but for the shaman + their team to be basically immune to fear was stupid.

Shamans DID fear. It was our niche. We took care of it. Now... we still get shit on by rogues... and we no longer have control over fears. Sweet.

#44 Kayto9

Kayto9
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

I think it's fairly annoying to see all of these shamans argue for their 1 second tremor totem when good shamans already could prevent priests from fearing them. How is it fair that it's nearly impossible to land a fear on a shaman OR his teammates? I'm all for removal of totem stomping macros or whatever will make it balanced out, but instant pulse on tremor totem was absolutely retarded.

And instead you have enough time to waltz in, whack the totem and prevent it from pulsing and landing a full game-winning fear? Think about that.

#45 Subpar

Subpar
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

It's still better than old tremor...

stop crying and learn to adapt, old form was OP and they're nerfing totem stomping

those complaining about priests.. put down tremor and run away, frost shock them if you have to. they aren't catching up to you.

#46 kashflow

kashflow
  • Pistolgrip
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

And instead you have enough time to waltz in, whack the totem and prevent it from pulsing and landing a full game-winning fear? Think about that.

No, that's not true, good shamans can still avoid fears as always. Do you seriously think that a priest team will dominate a shaman team because of this change? Even in s3/s4 when tremor wasn't nearly as good, good shamans still wrecked me. They don't need to have their tremors completely give immunity to fear because they have a teammate sitting on me the whole time and they also have other ways to avoid fear. Shamans who know how to play will still avoid fears and they also always have their partner to peel me away if i try to get too close to them.

#47 Daels

Daels
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

No, that's not true, good shamans can still avoid fears as always. Do you seriously think that a priest team will dominate a shaman team because of this change? Even in s3/s4 when tremor wasn't nearly as good, good shamans still wrecked me. They don't need to have their tremors completely give immunity to fear because they have a teammate sitting on me the whole time and they also have other ways to avoid fear. Shamans who know how to play will still avoid fears and they also always have their partner to peel me away if i try to get too close to them.

No worries about priests fear, it's sorta ok'ish. It's the warlocks fear. Cause they can nuke me down during that fear chain, priests can't (unless they're shadow..). Either way I'm not really fussed about cooldowns or longer times to proc, it's the totemstomp macros I'm worried about. I hope they find some good way to get rid of the macros!

#48 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

It's still better than old tremor...

stop crying and learn to adapt, old form was OP and they're nerfing totem stomping

those complaining about priests.. put down tremor and run away, frost shock them if you have to. they aren't catching up to you.

good priests are still going to fear you
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#49 Subpar

Subpar
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

With rocket boots maybe

#50 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

depends on comps, but good priests will be getting fears against shamans in most 2s comps

with or without boots
-Buddhist

#51 Missekatten

Missekatten
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

The way a shaman can just spam totems like that, and make quick tremor breaks have to be punished somehow.
increase cost imo <.<

#52 Missekatten

Missekatten
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Halls
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

goddamn shamans op these days :(
more nerf plz for sacke of balance in game!!1

You do realise you are probably the 2nd best healer ingame atm?
many favors shaman instead of palas now for many reasons.

like surv hunters, warlocks and rogues.

#53 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

yeah, shamans are good right now

you have no idea what you're talking about though =/
-Buddhist

#54 kashflow

kashflow
  • Pistolgrip
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gul'dan
  • Rampage

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

Well, is there a reason that our only CC should be taken away from us against all shaman teams? This is not only a 2's problem, focusing on breaking tremors in 3s while I'm getting trained is amazingly hard.

#55 blackfoot

blackfoot
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

I think it would be good enough if they made tremor invulnerable to dmg for the first 3 seconds after it has been dropped. Then it can be 1-shotted like normally.

Having the totem instantly disappear after dropping it because the felhunter is insta killing it nonstop is just not cool.
It is hard to stay mad when there is so much beauty in the world.
Posted Image

#56 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

Well, is there a reason that our only CC should be taken away from us against all shaman teams? This is not only a 2's problem, focusing on breaking tremors in 3s while I'm getting trained is amazingly hard.

it was definitely too powerful before, but it's just too weak now
-Buddhist

#57 Rice

Rice
  • Junkies

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:24 PM

That's the nature of the beast, it either sucks hard or it rapes hard.

I proposed in another thread a while back that it should be droppable while in a fear but be given a reasonable cooldown of maybe 45 sec - 1 min.

#58 Illiterate28

Illiterate28

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

tremor does not need a 45 sec- 1 min cooldown so we can drop tremor in fear and it gets us out and then 15 sec later off DR they can fear us for 9 sec riiight.

#59 Rice

Rice
  • Junkies

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

tremor does not need a 45 sec- 1 min cooldown so we can drop tremor in fear and it gets us out and then 15 sec later off DR they can fear us for 9 sec riiight.

That is the only "middle ground" solution that I could come up with. You got any better ideas?

#60 Zanny

Zanny
  • Xanny
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

Shamans and rogues are overpowered, hunters, dks, paladins, and feral druids need buffs.

I think Kalgan (if hes still even the pvp "balancer") is now a polygamist.

How about they just give totems like 1k hp so pets dont 1 shot them?
Dont flame me I burn easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<