• Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1822
  • 3v3: 768
  • 5v5: 2079

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

Basically means that any good warlock/priest can fear you now and you can't do anything about it. It was easy to fear shamans before if they knew how to coordinate their stomps with their fears. Tremor was a crutch for an otherwise unremarkable healer and with it being nerfed like that I can see myself losing quite a few games to fear now.

I guess warlocks were meant to rape us, along with all the other classes (/cry).
Posted Image
Formerly Adori of Cho'gall.

#22 Raelik

Raelik
  • Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

looks like we have to position our totem/ourselves again!!!
Posted Image

#23 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

They need to combine stoneclaw and tremor if they are going to keep it as is, it really is to easy to destroy tremor for any half-competent player. Even more-so due to totem stomping still working.

I do realize that shamans dont need any nerfs but from "logic" point of view i cant rly get why throwing huge swords around myself i fail to kill a totem which has 1 hp, kinda make no sense.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#24 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

you could NEVER "SWD" out of fear with tremor--the ticks just came so fast that it seemed like it

it STILL ticks as soon as you drop it

any decent priest will fear you 90% of the time now...so it's back to keeping them away from you or you lose (basically)
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#25 Windwalk

Windwalk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

how hard would it be to make totems immune to pets, fuck

When I talk to or see successful gamers they come off as intelligent people who are able to develop the ever important “game sense” with relative ease. Aside from muscle memory and the mechanics of playing a video game they seem to just understand what needs to be done to compete and outthink their opponents.

#26 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

This is correct. I was playing my lock last night and steamrolled every shaman team pretty hard, felt dirty.

Yep previously the only way to even have a chance to keep up with the damage was breaking basically every fear now its inevitable that a 9 second fear is going to happen pretty damn early into a match and the healer won't be able to recover from that.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#27 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

I'm sure it's possible but then you run into situations like should a PLAYER be able to target a totem and THEN issue a pet kill command? Basically making it so a pet can only asssist off a player that has a totem as an active target.

The only thing I can think of to over come though though would be

/targetexact Grounding Totem
/petattack
/targetlasttarget

style macros
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#28 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

why the fuck would you even do that? warlocks really have no on the fly way to kill totems other than pets, and don't say wand. Pets are just an extension of the class.

#29 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

nah, just make so pets can't hit totems

as you said, it would be too bad for 1% of warlocks/hunters/DKs who are non-horrible enough to target the totems and issue commands, but there's really no other way around it

as for tremor, idk...it was too good before and it's not good enough now--they really need to find a balance (IMO, give it fast pulses and add a cooldown--so you need to drop it right before a fear or you will get feared)
-Buddhist

#30 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

nah, just make so pets can't hit totems

as you said, it would be too bad for 1% of warlocks/hunters/DKs who are non-horrible enough to target the totems and issue commands, but there's really no other way around it

So what you are saying is that I shouldn't be able to manually target a totem then send my pet in to kill it? If so you have a huge bias and don't really have a working knowledge of pet classes.

#31 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

why the fuck would you even do that? warlocks really have no on the fly way to kill totems other than pets, and don't say wand. Pets are just an extension of the class.

why do you think you have the unalienable right to SPAM a macro and kill totems?

it's beyond retarded

yes, old tremor was too good (should have put a 15-20 sec cooldown on it), but it's utter shit now

you realize that if you land a full fear on a shaman, it's over, you win, right? it's ridiculous how devastating it is (this goes for priests too)
-Buddhist

#32 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

So what you are saying is that I shouldn't be able to manually target a totem then send my pet in to kill it? If so you have a huge bias and don't really have a working knowledge of pet classes.

yeah, because you have no bias, lol

find another way to stop pet macros from working...there is none
-Buddhist

#33 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

Protagonist's Tremor Totem

Of course i can see mods working around that, possibly. but it's better than nothing I guess.

#34 Rice

Rice
  • Junkies

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

Protagonist's Tremor Totem

Of course i can see mods working around that, possibly. but it's better than nothing I guess.

%t's Tremor

O hay gusy.

#35 Ragingsteer

Ragingsteer
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

why do you think you have the unalienable right to SPAM a macro and kill totems?

it's beyond retarded

yes, old tremor was too good (should have put a 15-20 sec cooldown on it), but it's utter shit now

you realize that if you land a full fear on a shaman, it's over, you win, right? it's ridiculous how devastating it is (this goes for priests too)

You're making ridiculously broad statements based off of teaming with a warrior. The same is not true for playing with a hunter or a rogue. Adapt or change your comp and faceroll, that's what arenas are all about.

(Also, resto shamans are vastly superior to priests right now. It's impossible to argue otherwise.)
wtb D3

#36 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

%t's Tremor

O hay gusy.

Umm, macro's don't work that way... %t is just your current target and even then you can't even use that for macros or any commands.

i.e. you can't even do "/tell %T blah blah"

#37 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

name the totems would just make warlocks spend first 15 secs afking and fixing the macros then winning anyway? I'm sure someone would also create a addon that can do it in seconds. Make a bulletproof way of discluding it in macros and I'm fine

#38 feebled

feebled
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

Seems to be going in one or the others favor. Shamans had a 1 sec pulse or w/e which priest or locks didnt like, now they have a 3 sec pulse which the shamans dont like. They need to find the mid point but im glad with the change .5 sec fears on a 26 sec CD were retarded.

#39 Mash

Mash
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

8 sec fears with 26 sec cd is equally retarded.

#40 feebled

feebled
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

Our fear is on a CD, not like a locks where they can spam, but for the shaman + their team to be basically immune to fear was stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<