Photo

Difference between a decent player and a glad?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Cherryhammer

Cherryhammer
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:03 AM

Having a healthy, sexual, and online relationship with kadricks.

#42 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

his partners

#43 Hunkoffunk

Hunkoffunk
  • Junkies

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

Communication with his/her partner/s

#44 fergs

fergs
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

good communication
good partner
in depth understanding of other classes
lots and lots of games played for experience (this imo is the most important thing)
the ability to take criticism and not rage when you get told you did something wrong

i completely disagree with saying binds are a necessity. my heals are 1,2,3 and dispell is 4. other than 1 bind i have to dispell my 2v2/3v3 partners with a macro, i click everything else. got glad last season and hopefully got it in the bag this season too. its all about personal playstyle. people who bind are welcome to bind but abusing others over their preferred playstyle choice is kinda lame tbh

#45 Deshatan

Deshatan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Feathermoon
  • Cyclone

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:28 AM

Glads use laptop touchpads to click their skills.

#46 Lymp

Lymp
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

Communication, leadership skills, reaction speed, game knowledge, situational awareness and being able to adapt.

Edit: experience

#47 Purity

Purity
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

good communication
good partner
lots and lots of games played for experience (this imo is the most important thing)
the ability to take criticism and not rage when you get told you did something wrong

i completely disagree with saying binds are a necessity. my heals are 1,2,3 and dispell is 4. other than 1 bind i have to dispell my 2v2/3v3 partners with a macro, i click everything else. got glad last season and hopefully got it in the bag this season too. its all about personal playstyle. people who bind are welcome to bind but abusing others over their preferred playstyle choice is kinda lame tbh

stop talking

you play on my bg (conviction) which is fucking horrible.

Sure, you can get to glad by clicking in conviction. That's in no way a solid arguement and I'm 100% convinced ill steamroll you like any other clicking paladin in this dreadful bg.

#48 Zòdiac1296678080

Zòdiac1296678080
  • Junkies

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

good communication
good partner

Pure comedy.

Clicking is like driving a regular unadjusted car with your hands only. Sure it should be possible to get from A to B but u will never win a F1 championship.

#49 yesmur

yesmur
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Drak'Tharon
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

Anyone find it funny that only DPS can succeed by clicking?

nuh uhhh my friend resto druid in s3 clicked his way to 2200 cliky clicky.

#50 Rudeface

Rudeface
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

At the moment, gladiator just depends on team comp. I watched a resto shaman + ret paladin team playing live stream in the 2300 bracket last week.

The ret paladin clicked every single ability, no exaggerations.

I pretty much quit right then and there.. haven't logged in since. I'm not going to waste my time on a game that's so easy that a clicker can be top 10 on their BG.

Says more about the battlegroup then it does about the retadin to be honest. Ret is a pretty faceroll class, but there should be some teams able to farm a clicking paladin out of top 10.

Only got one gladiator title under my belt as a paladin in season 1. Only got experience from Cyclone-EU, but i'll make a bold prediction: Most glad teams consists of players with >then average IQ.

#51 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:06 AM

Communication, leadership skills, reaction speed, game knowledge, situational awareness and being able to adapt.

Edit: experience

are gladiators good future managers?
genuinely curious about your opinions guys

#52 Yur

Yur

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:30 AM

The difference between decent players and gladiators is that decent players accept that gladiator title is a joke since s1 and more than 3,000 people will get glad title from 2v2 alone this season.

#53 matta991

matta991

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

A decent palyer will click his mount. A Glad will not. A glad will use binding and macros for everything. A glad allways knows what the opponents are trying to do, and that way he can counter it. He also need exp. Not just from arenas but from playing other classes.

#54 Nesgawl

Nesgawl
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

There's no point in having good reactions if you need to click the ability. Also clicking might not activate the ability where keybinding will make sure it activates. Clicking also makes you lose focus and can make you tunnel vision.

#55 Triumvirate

Triumvirate
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

are gladiators good future managers?
genuinely curious about your opinions guys

Doubt it as a direct correlation. Not everyone can be the leader on a team.

However I wouldn't be surprised if gladiators have an abnormally high spacial IQ.

#56 Nemzz

Nemzz
  • Merker
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:42 PM

A decent player doesnt have the title "Gladiator". A Gladiator persona does.

#57 Iltareh

Iltareh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:03 AM

Yall say clickin' makes it difficult to get Gladiator....but my priest (formerly #1 priest in the world on SK100, but we haven't played games in weeks) clicks everything but maybe 3 spells.

My only real issue with clicking is that turning your video sucks and I have a few spells that don't take my GCD that it would be inefficient to click.

That and I play on a laptop, I'd have to be an idiot to not take advantage of that.

Edit: I agree with the guy above, Gladiators don't think getting Gladiator is challenging at all - because it's not. We all only care for Deadly/Merc/Brutal etc and world championships....It's too bad I don't have the time for the championships...or the class....although Holy Paladins may make an appearance but the good pmrs can still rape 'em.

#58 Whiteshadow

Whiteshadow

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

A decent palyer will click his mount. A Glad will not. A glad will use binding and macros for everything. A glad allways knows what the opponents are trying to do, and that way he can counter it. He also need exp. Not just from arenas but from playing other classes.

I click my mount.

Difference between a decent player and a glad: situational awareness, great decision making, communication skills and positioning. This is assuming you have the general class knowledge and other stuff taken care off. A glad would be able to predict what your opponents will do before it happens and improvise to get out of sticky situations.

or...

you could just play an op class/comp and and s key to glad.

Pretend you are in a tunnel and the only way out is through the first thing you tab targeted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<