Retx
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

WAT ?!

I wrote up the latest update in some spare time, I have not played holy since S5 (And I was bad at it then). Feel free to PM kadrix with better holy info.

#46 Ticked

Ticked
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

I have kind of been wondering about switching my glyphs around to not include a seal glyph, but wanted to get some discussion going about it here before I did anything.

Basically, my thought process is that 5% extra healing/mana isn't much, and it just seems like glyphs of holy shock/salvation/turn evil are just better. Against teams like RLS, where it may be harder to get a turn evil off, the turn evil glyph is important for fearing pets so that you can cast/HoJ to stop devour. Holy shock is obviously pretty damn good and I won't change that out, but salvation seems pretty damn good too. A mini pain suppression allows you to make a mistake with no cooldowns up and possibly save your life.

What are your thoughts on this?

#47 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

I have kind of been wondering about switching my glyphs around to not include a seal glyph, but wanted to get some discussion going about it here before I did anything.

First I was like beacon, holy shock, flash of light. After some arenas, i got slapped by my pal friend and bought salv and turn evil (swaped for beacon and flash of light) and i wouldnt go back from that - ever. Salv is lifesaver if you have already bubbled or if you are switched in a really bad situation and the same can be said about turn evil without you having to cast it (your mate is goin low against RLS, fear the felhunt to prevent spell lock and heal for your life).

#48 Ticked

Ticked
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

First I was like beacon, holy shock, flash of light. After some arenas, i got slapped by my pal friend and bought salv and turn evil (swaped for beacon and flash of light) and i wouldnt go back from that - ever. Salv is lifesaver if you have already bubbled or if you are switched in a really bad situation and the same can be said about turn evil without you having to cast it (your mate is goin low against RLS, fear the felhunt to prevent spell lock and heal for your life).

Yeah, I had flash of light, seal of light, and holy shock when I was undergeared, but now the 5% crit isn't a big deal and 5% healing isn't that much, so I'd rather have the situational utility I think now...

#49 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

Seal of Light, Holy Shock, Flash of Light.

These are the ones i like the most.

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#50 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

So if we have here FAQ, ill ask a couple of newb things (i play on my pally african turtle cleave) and...
1) When we start, I put Beacon on myself and Sacred Shield on my hunter (protwarr is fine). I beacon only myself even though we face warlock and only my hunter and warrior are being dotted (im outta of range most of the time, if they dont screw my positioning). Is this the correct way or should I beacon warrior and overheal hunter as he is being the most focused target with Sacred up?
2)I use Divine Sac to cancel CC (poly/blind) and Hand of Sacrifice when there is huge dmg/burst incoming to one of my party members. Shall i save HoS also for breaking CC, or is this fine?
3) When we face BeastCleave, its almost impossible to keep my hunter up (everything dispeled and there is huge control on me and dmg incoming). What i feel is the most important thing, is to keep sacred shield at any cost up, so even if my hunter is around 30% i just spam SS and Holy Shock (SS is up and Holy Shock is on CD, i fake/cast FoL until Holy Shock is up again or SS dispeled).
4) Facing dispel cleave or boring cleave is pain in the... Warrior/DK mindlessly tunnels my hunter (never seen him to switch even at 2k4 mmr rated teams lol). No time to drink, hunter drops hard and priest hunts me all over the arena. We almost all the time "force" to use all of their def CDs, but cant score a kill and i ran oom before the end (maybe due to the lack of gear).
5) Freedoming in the arena - I always freedom when my hunter asks for it (and thats like every 5 secs) and dispel my warrior because hes okay with charges, no need to freedom him. Wrong/Correct?

Cant think of any more right now. We hower at 2k1 rating (maybe Questions are stupid or anything, but im playing the paly for 3 weeks or so right now and havent touched him since BC, so...) - furiously geared, so maybe also a lack of equipment (runnin with 700 resi is fun, hunter is full wrath tho carrying us).

Edit: Thought of a next one...
6) Facing a wizard cleave - they just tunnel hunter being able to global 100 - 0. To prevent this, I just dispel everything from him to have the sacred cleansing proc and holy shock according to the situation. In most of the arenas my hunter stays on max range with me (or near pillar so we can hide/heal, go again) but sometimes he pokes out into the mid of the team and he gets totally owned there by earthbind and bb. I always think that its his fault if he wants to score a kill so badly that he goes for "sure" death, altho our protwarr says its my mistake for not being able to keep him up.

#51 Ticked

Ticked
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

So if we have here FAQ, ill ask a couple of newb things (i play on my pally african turtle cleave) and...
1) When we start, I put Beacon on myself and Sacred Shield on my hunter (protwarr is fine). I beacon only myself even though we face warlock and only my hunter and warrior are being dotted (im outta of range most of the time, if they dont screw my positioning). Is this the correct way or should I beacon warrior and overheal hunter as he is being the most focused target with Sacred up?
2)I use Divine Sac to cancel CC (poly/blind) and Hand of Sacrifice when there is huge dmg/burst incoming to one of my party members. Shall i save HoS also for breaking CC, or is this fine?
3) When we face BeastCleave, its almost impossible to keep my hunter up (everything dispeled and there is huge control on me and dmg incoming). What i feel is the most important thing, is to keep sacred shield at any cost up, so even if my hunter is around 30% i just spam SS and Holy Shock (SS is up and Holy Shock is on CD, i fake/cast FoL until Holy Shock is up again or SS dispeled).
4) Facing dispel cleave or boring cleave is pain in the... Warrior/DK mindlessly tunnels my hunter (never seen him to switch even at 2k4 mmr rated teams lol). No time to drink, hunter drops hard and priest hunts me all over the arena. We almost all the time "force" to use all of their def CDs, but cant score a kill and i ran oom before the end (maybe due to the lack of gear).
5) Freedoming in the arena - I always freedom when my hunter asks for it (and thats like every 5 secs) and dispel my warrior because hes okay with charges, no need to freedom him. Wrong/Correct?

Cant think of any more right now. We hower at 2k1 rating (maybe Questions are stupid or anything, but im playing the paly for 3 weeks or so right now and havent touched him since BC, so...) - furiously geared, so maybe also a lack of equipment (runnin with 700 resi is fun, hunter is full wrath tho carrying us).

Edit: Thought of a next one...
6) Facing a wizard cleave - they just tunnel hunter being able to global 100 - 0. To prevent this, I just dispel everything from him to have the sacred cleansing proc and holy shock according to the situation. In most of the arenas my hunter stays on max range with me (or near pillar so we can hide/heal, go again) but sometimes he pokes out into the mid of the team and he gets totally owned there by earthbind and bb. I always think that its his fault if he wants to score a kill so badly that he goes for "sure" death, altho our protwarr says its my mistake for not being able to keep him up.

1) Yep that's usually what I do, since I end up saccing usually before beacon is off so I can easily heal through any damage that I might take from it.

2) Sac is generally pretty situational. Use it to either break crucial CC or limit some pressure.

3) It's hard to heal through any beast cleave as a paladin. What I do is try to keep SS up (if its just getting spam dispelled, its not worth putting back up unless you have nothing else to spend a global on). If someone is taking massive damage, I'll spam HL and HS, juking wind shears will guarantee holy lights going off which is really helpful to heal through the damage

4) I think your problem is target choice. If you sit priest, it'll be harder for him to get burns off and keep you from drinking. If you're already sitting priest and he's still doing that, not really sure what else to say. It would be easier to see what's happening in the game.

5) Freedom is just a situational ability. It's nice for the hunter to have it to kite through traps easier, but if your warrior can't get on a target, you won't put out any pressure. There shouldn't be one specific person that you always put freedom on.

6) Your hunter should be very careful against wizard cleaves then. It's important for your teammates to stop burst (use crucial stuns on their burst opportunities) and your hunter should LoS when he's in danger.

#52 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

1) Yep that's usually what I do, since I end up saccing usually before beacon is off so I can easily heal through any damage that I might take from it.

2) Sac is generally pretty situational. Use it to either break crucial CC or limit some pressure.

3) It's hard to heal through any beast cleave as a paladin. What I do is try to keep SS up (if its just getting spam dispelled, its not worth putting back up unless you have nothing else to spend a global on). If someone is taking massive damage, I'll spam HL and HS, juking wind shears will guarantee holy lights going off which is really helpful to heal through the damage

4) I think your problem is target choice. If you sit priest, it'll be harder for him to get burns off and keep you from drinking. If you're already sitting priest and he's still doing that, not really sure what else to say. It would be easier to see what's happening in the game.

5) Freedom is just a situational ability. It's nice for the hunter to have it to kite through traps easier, but if your warrior can't get on a target, you won't put out any pressure. There shouldn't be one specific person that you always put freedom on.

6) Your hunter should be very careful against wizard cleaves then. It's important for your teammates to stop burst (use crucial stuns on their burst opportunities) and your hunter should LoS when he's in danger.

Wow, thanks for the input - didnt expect anyone to answer my Questions :). Rep+ yo

#53 klanksterr

klanksterr
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nesingwary
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

buff ret plz k thnx

what's with the spam?
CLICK
Spoiler
CLICK

#54 Mightlol

Mightlol
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

From my own experience, the best way to keep wizard's pressure low is to spam damage into their mage/ele shaman or even warlock. Hopefully they'll play defensively then.

Oh and btw spellcleaves havin either druid or pally as healer most of time means that you'll get forced to kill the said healer, i really doubt a decent druid / pally will let his mage/lock/shaman die while he can spam cast and keep that target alive..

TSG shouldn't win against an equally skilled LSD but 99% of all LSDs are super retarded so it's quite easy to zerg the druid from start to finish.

#55 Theris

Theris
  • Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

los bl then pick a nice moment when they are unattentive and nuke some1
- Theris

#56 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

Unstickying, pm a moderator if you think it should remain a sticky.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#57 Ticked

Ticked
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:39 PM

It should if it gets updated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic