Flash of Light
Salvation
Beacon of Light
Holy Shock
Hammer of Justice
Seal of Light/Wisdom
Seal of Light
Turn Evil

The typical glyphs for a holy paladin are Holy Shock, Seal of Wisdom and Salvation.

Minor Glyphs:

Blessing of Kings
Wise
Blessing of Wisdom
Sense Undead

Blessing of Kings is the only useful minor glyph for holy (It makes Kings costs less mana than dispel magic or purge), the other two hardly matter at all.

Gearing:

Gems: Holy paladin gemming can depend a lot on what comp you play and personal preference, a rushdown team like TSG or PHD probably wants a lot of int gems so they can bomb holy lights for as long as possible, while a double healer or 2v2 paladin might want lots of MP5 gems to increase their longevity. The “normal” gemming is Spellpower, Spellpower/Haste and Spellpower/Mp5
Red: Runed (Spellpower)
Yellow: (Spellpower/Crit), (Spellpower/Int), (Spellpower/Haste), (Int)
Blue: Royal (Spellpower/Mp5)

Professions: Engineering, Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Alchemy.
Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing give raw stat gains (JC has a slight edge over BS here) while alchemy gives you a comparable stat gain and a healing potion at the cost of being able to choose which stats to increase. Engineering trades a small stat increase for a powerful glove enchant. My suggestion would be Alchemy/Engineering.
Posted Image

#2 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

Ret/Prot-Ret FAQ's section

Ret/Prot-Ret specs:

Seal of Righteousness Ret
http://www.wowhead.c...zZVf0xbIuGdIbsu

Default ret spec, the remaining 4 points can be spent in Unyielding Faith, Improved Righteous Fury and Vindication. One of the 4 spare points can be put into Vindication for the trash debuff.

Seal of Command Ret
http://www.wowhead.c...rZVfzxbIuGdIbsu

Trades burst from SoR for cleave damage, shorter HoJ CD and improved sacred shield/divine sacrifice. Not commonly seen at high level arenas.

Prot-Ret
http://www.wowhead.c...rurusfufdVf0hbs

Variations: Two points from Improved Devotion aura can be moved into Reckoning and one point can be moved to Toughness if you play with a Restoration Druid (Or even if you don't two points can be moved into Reckoning for more damage).

Glyphs:

Major Glyphs:
Judgement
Salvation
Seal of Righteousness
Seal of Command (Ret only)
Exorcism (Ret only)
Hammer of Justice
Turn Evil
Shield of Righteousness (Prot only)
Avenger's Shield (Prot only)

Most Ret specs with Seals of the Pure will take Judgement, Salvation and Seal of Righteousness glyphs. Seal of Command specs however may opt to skip Judgement (Since Seal of Command has weak judgements anyway) and take turn evil or hammer of justice.

Most Prot-Ret specs will take Judgement, Avenger's Shield and Salvation. If you do not have access to PvE gear and mana is a problem then Shield of Righteousness can be a viable option instead of Salvation.

Minor Glyphs:
Sense Undead
Blessing of Kings
Wise

Kings to rebuff during combat, Wise to be able to swap seals vs mana drain spam teams or if your Divine Plea falls off (Prot) and sense undead because there is nothing better for the last spot.

Gearing:

Trinkets:
Trinkets such as Death's Verdict and Whispering Fanged skull are excellent for Ret and Prot-Ret. Deathbringer's Will is not a horrible trinket due to 2/3 of the procs being strong and the third being decent, but it is nowhere near ideal. Tiny Abomination in a Jar is a weak trinket for PvP due to the facts that Seal of Command/Righteousness do not hit nearly as hard as Corruption and if your range is somewhat off when you proc the final Mote of Anger the entire stack will be wasted with no effect.

Gems:
Red: Bold (Str)
Yellow: Inscribed (Str/Crit) only if the socket bonus is +4 or higher Strength
Blue: Nightmare Tear (Only one blue socket is worth using)

Professions: Engineering, Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing
Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing give raw stat gains (JC has a slight edge over BS here). Engineering trades a small stat increase for a powerful glove enchant. My suggestion would be Jewelcrafting/Engineering.

Enchants:
Helm - Arcanum of Triumph or Arcanum of Torment
Shoulders - Inscription of Triumph or Greater Inscription of the Axe
Back - Major Agility
Chest - Powerful Stats
Wrists - Greater Assault
Gloves - Crusher (Hand-Mounted Pyro Rockets for Engineer)
Legs - Icescale Leg Armor
Feet - Assault or Icewalker (If hit is low)(Nitro Boosts for Engineer)
Weapon - Berserking
Posted Image

#3 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

Reservation #2
Posted Image

#4 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

You might want to touch on the cornerstone of 37/0/34, which you really didn't.

Repentance is a nice bonus, but the real point of 37/0/34 is JOTW, it means you can't just be out-mana'd flat-out by a shaman chain-purging, or DK stalemate teams.

Maybe we needed to be better about covering DP, but there was at least one top shaman/DK team who we found impossible without JOTW, it really made the difference.

#5 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

Stickied.

..is that even a word?

#6 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

What will you swap for exorcism glyph next patch assuming the glyph stays as is?

#7 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:39 PM

I like sanctified retribution :(

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#8 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

I like sanctified retribution :(

What would you drop to include that in a repent/jotw build though, I'd imagine that dropping a point from EfaE would make it almost worthless.
Posted Image

#9 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

drop 1 from imp ret aura tbh

#10 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

makes enough sense, added.
Posted Image

#11 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

What would you drop to include that in a repent/jotw build though, I'd imagine that dropping a point from EfaE would make it almost worthless.

1 point from imp ret aura or perhaps even HotC? The 1 point from imp ret aura only adds another 28 damage, but that's not entirely trivial either.

edit: I also sacrifice 2 points in divine int for pure of heart, I like it :/

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#12 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:16 AM

I'm really starting to doubt that light's grace is worth it for 2's , i don't see myself chaining Holy Lights

#13 Suwabara

Suwabara
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

Is dropping one point out of judgements that bad? Honestly can't remember the last time I was chain casting it on 8 second CD. Though light's grace is weird there's times I never cast holy light then games where I chain it like 3-4 times.

The thing is what else would you get instead of light's grace? More points in divine intel? get both pure of heart and blessed hands? Blessed life feels so terrible as you really can't tell if it's proccing or what.

#14 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:15 AM

Builds updated to reflect me realizing that pure of heart is amazing against shaman teams, as well as some minor tweaks to the layout.

Could still also use some Ret FAQ's if anyone is interested.
Posted Image

#15 aoelius

aoelius
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Jaedenar
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

Could still also use some Ret FAQ's if anyone is interested.

What do you want to know?
Once again lolret.

#16 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

Anything that someone that is new to the spec in arena would eg: specs, gemming, glyphs etc.
Posted Image

#17 aoelius

aoelius
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Jaedenar
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:57 AM

My personal take on Ret:

Spec:
I prefer 0/20/51. Can't give armory link because it's gay. Only two variations (to my knowledge) I use are 4/5 Fanaticism and 5/5 Kings. Pick up Divine Guardian. Otherwise just follow the cookie cutter build.

Gems:
You like strength. Following this ideal, get a lot of strength gems. 8str 8haste gems are also acceptable for filling in socket bonuses, if you really want them. Some resil gems are fine, I have one in my boots (you're aiming for about 700-800, I think. At least, I am).

Major Glyphs:
These two are absolutely necessary:
Glyph of Judgement: +10% damage with Judgements. Painfully obvious choice.
Glyph of Turn Evil: Reduces the cast time of Turn Evil by 100%. Invaluable against DK teams for insta-fearing gargoyles. I haven't used it (too lazy to change glyphs), but I'm fairly certain it was nerfed to also increase the cooldown time. Either way, a good choice for now.
The next few are interchangeable according to your own personal preferences:
Hammer of Justice: Range on HoJ increased by 5 yards. Useful for catching up to targets quickly or switching to interrupt a heal, etc.
Seal of Command: Proc chance with SoC increased by 20%. Though I find myself using Blood more often now, this is still useful for when they decide to get on you instead.
Crusader Strike: Reduces mana cost of CS by 20%. If you find yourself going oom, try it out. It's not much, but it'll help.
Minor Glyphs:
The only somewhat useful glyph is..
Glyph of Seal of Wisdom: Reduces mana cost of SoW by 50%. Useful if you go oom.
The other minor glyphs are yours to choose from.

Playstyle:
You have no CC, no distance closers, no snares. You have burst and defensive utility. Remember, you can heal. Survival is the most important factor.

These are my personal viewpoints on playing as Retributts. There are various other ways; just find what fits you.
Once again lolret.

#18 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

Thanks, added to the thread.
Posted Image

#19 domino

domino
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Magtheridon
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

Would like to point out some flaws on flaws.

Str gems are usefull, but haste isnt, way better to get 8str/8hit or even 16hit gems in some sockets or play with some offpieces with hitrating on it. A missed hoj or repenteance can loose you a match. Same as a rogue that you cant get judgement of justice on cause you missed the first time and now he's sprinting away to reset the fight.. Hitrating > haste rating, anytime!.

Also note that Righteous Vengeance still breaks repenteance, but it's another magical debuff that can protect your hoj/other magic shizzle and break stealth. Up to the person to decide wether they want it.

Oh and for the turn evil glyph: instant + 8second cooldown. Although most retpala's only use this glyph vs gargs and just kill the normal dk pet as those die in 3gcd's anyway.

minor glyph: glyph of sense undead: adds 1% dmg to ud targets. This is a usefull one aswell as it helps vs shadowfrost dk's who use lichborn or the dk pets and other undead/demon targets (warlock pets).

Normally 4p deadly is adviced as the 4p setbonus (-1sec on judgement) is awesome, other then that you can use the deadly offpieces or go for more hitrating and get some pve pieces.

#20 gforce42

gforce42
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Magtheridon
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

What is the hit cap for retri paladins? *Edit* in pvp that is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<