#41 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

There really isn't much more you can do besides removing it's effectiveness entirely.

The CD is necessary to be short for ret/prot, so you can't nerf that. The amount of healing it prevents is about as crippling as you can get. Being dispellable disproportionately weakens it in some areas, and makes it stronger in others. (Like against druids, or if you have a partner that is tough enough to totally prevent a kill while you LoS)

Don't know what else you expect, there isn't much more to nerf.

the fact is Divine Plea is retardedly OP for holy paladins. Anything that isn't a nerf is a buff I don't care what you say. It STILL needs to be nerfed.

Retarded comment considering that you haven't played against these changes.

#42 Lysander

Lysander
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

Don't know what else you expect, there isn't much more to nerf.

Dispellable + 50% healing penalty? I'm pretty sure thats what they expect.

#43 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

if they can click the buff away and cancel the -50% heal effect, then i am not happy about this change.

undispellable? what the fuck did they smoke (again).

#44 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

Lol, the funny thing is that most people don't realize this was the original form of divine plea that most paladins hated.

I understand you want it to be awful, but you pretty much just hate paladin + overpowered partner. If you want to make it better, focus on rogues/DKs/Surv.

#45 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

Honestly, people don't understand how limiting this version of Divine Plea is. Yeah, its a "lol click it off when you have to heal", but at the same time its our only form of proactive mana regeneration. We have shit ooc regen, and we have no hots to keep our teammates alive while we snag a drink. Sacred shield is bugged or some shit where if it procs when you're ooc it makes you stand up (really annoying). I think this puts divine plea at a pretty decent spot, and its not like you can't gib the pally or something with divine plea up. -75% healing, swap and kill quick!

#46 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

I understand you want it to be awful, but you pretty much just hate paladin + overpowered partner. If you want to make it better, focus on rogues/DKs/Surv.

No... I think people pretty much hate partner + overpowered paladin.

The partner is often not balanced either, but please stop trying to pretend that it's the hunters, rogues, and DKs that are carrying paladins to 30% representation in SK100. Undispellable DP is a bad change.

you're all subconsciously racists. hunters are fine.

#47 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

most of DPS classes want paladin for their partner thus biggest representation. And ofc 2 competitive specs

#48 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

I think this puts divine plea at a pretty decent spot, and its not like you can't gib the pally or something with divine plea up. -75% healing, swap and kill quick!

Paladin - "Hey DK partner, I'm using DP, D up and peel for me plz."

DK - "KK. Using IBF, Bone shield, rune tap, death pact, and swapping to Frost presence. Isn't it weird how these are all on almost the same CD as DP? LOL!"

#49 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

No... I think people pretty much hate partner + overpowered paladin.

The partner is often not balanced either, but please stop trying to pretend that it's the hunters, rogues, and DKs that are carrying paladins to 30% representation in SK100. Undispellable DP is a bad change.

I've never said that DP (The talent) is exactly fair, or that sacred shield absorbs a fair amount.

However, maybe you should play with a paladin when you're not horrendously overpowered yourself and you'll see how much difference having an overpowered DPS is.

#50 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

most of DPS classes want paladin for their partner thus biggest representation. And ofc 2 competitive specs

please stop trying to pretend that it's the hunters, rogues, and DKs that are carrying paladins to 30% representation in SK100.

#51 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

However, maybe you should play with a paladin when you're not horrendously overpowered yourself and you'll see how much difference having an overpowered DPS is.

I know a fantastic disc priest and shaman I could play with. I highly doubt I'd do as well with them as my paladin partner. Why do you think that is?

#52 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

Paladin - "Hey DK partner, I'm using DP, D up and peel for me plz."

DK - "KK. Using IBF, Bone shield, rune tap, death pact, and swapping to Frost presence. Isn't it weird how these are all on almost the same CD as DP? LOL!"

Thats a problem with DK's, not paladins. Balanced DPS are able to be killed in non-ridiculously long time frames.

#53 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

Honestly, people don't understand how limiting this version of Divine Plea is. Yeah, its a "lol click it off when you have to heal", but at the same time its our only form of proactive mana regeneration.

can't you put some shit on pets and hit them for mana? tide doesn't fit into a shaman pvp build, i have no reason to pity you.

We have shit ooc regen, and we have no hots to keep our teammates alive while we snag a drink.

thats not a valid point, you have immune to throw at them when you come back from drinking.

Sacred shield is bugged or some shit where if it procs when you're ooc it makes you stand up (really annoying).

not a valid point either, same for shamans and ancestral awackening. it doesn't make healdrinking any less viable for you.

I think this puts divine plea at a pretty decent spot, and its not like you can't gib the pally or something with divine plea up. -75% healing, swap and kill quick!

i cannot even purge it (like innervate and watershield) and the gib fails because he clicks it off in time? you tell that a decent spot?

I understand you want it to be awful, but you pretty much just hate paladin + overpowered partner.

^ this guy tried harder, and better ;)

#54 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

I know a fantastic disc priest and shaman I could play with. I highly doubt I'd do as well with them as my paladin partner. Why do you think that is?

Shaman must not be very good, shaman/DK is #1 here.

(It also farms Dk/paladin)

#55 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

honestly, shamans do farm many paladin teams. but it's way too hard for how little they are doing.

i'd rather agree to giving you mage's managem than to you remaining literally immune to OOM.

#56 Neajane

Neajane
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Draenor
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:33 PM

honestly, shamans do farm many paladin teams. but it's way too hard for how little they are doing.

i'd rather agree to giving you mage's managem than to you remaining literally immune to OOM.

So because its hard to farm us, but you do, we need to nerf paladins?
So it turns out I've been using explosive shot rank 1 these last 3 weeks.

#57 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

yes, it remains possible for him and his partners to roll over me while he enjoys life in his bubble - why would i want him to have more stuff that can sometimes make me loose against the most horrible players (like him)?

edit: 'he' is that ugly kid playing an even more ugly draenei paladin that chooses to queue against such a good looking troll like me.

#58 Auvvey

Auvvey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

yes, it remains possible for his partners to roll over me while he enjoys life in his bubble - why would i want them to have more stuff that can sometimes make me loose against the most horrible players?

You could just nerf the overpowered classes that generally partner with paladins to create that insane representation. I seriously doubt you get beaten by any other partners with paladins. There is a pattern.

IE: DK, Rogue, Surv

#59 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

the pattern is: i cannot kill the partner while the ugly kid enjoys life in his bubble and manages to press another button before he spills his coke over the keyboard. the fun part is: his manabar doesn't move a bit no matter what bullshit ugly kid decides to do.

edit: cmon, look deep down inside of you. you actually like the challange of playing a bad class and being successful at it just as much as i do (rerolled from druid).

edit2: paladins are the iceberg while the other OP classes are the tip.

#60 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:00 PM