• Talents: Fury

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

pummel off of gcd oh my!

#42 Kiranat

Kiranat
  • Junkies

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

Primary Talent Trees:
Arms/Fury (33/28 and 35/23/3 for PVP, 33/28 for PVE)

Primary Content:
50/50 PVE/PVP. Both high end. All 2000+ teams and an end-game guild.

Areas in Need of Improvement:
Suvivability: One of the biggest issues playing a warrior in any non-pocket-healer scenario is that we die surprisingly easily against most casters.

Rage Starvation: Hardly at the top of the list of my concerns, though against very high armor targets it's hard to be even remotely effective even in a utility manner when you can only generate small amounts of rage off crits.

Resists: It is very aggravating to have Intimidating Shout, Demoralizing Shout, and Piercing Howl be almost constantly resisted. These abilities can be vital in the arenas and having them be more reliable would be wonderful.

Talent Changes:
Pummel: This needs to be taken off GCD. Mages and Warlock (pets) both have a counterspell that is off the GCD of their other spells, and rogues have a reduced GCD. One of the largest issues is the ridiculous occurrence of missing a pummel on a 1.5s (or 1.4s, lol cyclone) cast because you had to reapply a VITAL debuff (MS or Hamstring).

Endless Rage: Revert the rage generation changes to the original formula and change Endless Rage to be something worth the talent points such as inreased survivability. Currently having to give up Sweeping Strikes/Weapon Mastery/etc... is far too bad of a trade off to make this talent worthwhile in a PVP manner especially in small scale arenas (2v2, 3v3). Perhaps have this talent as passive armor ignore or reduced rage cost on abilities/increased damage to low health targets like Dirty Deeds (rogue talent).

Execute: The damage on this ability has barely scaled from level 60 and thanks to resilience it is almost never worth using outside of a PVE enviornment. My recommendation would be to change this to either scale with attack power, or reduce its potential damage but have it ignore enemy armor.

#43 Schwarts

Schwarts
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

Why do so many warriors think they're useless w/o healers? There are quite a few warriors in double and triple dps teams. My dps specs fail at double and triple dps, yet warriors do suprisingly well.

#44 swordscream

swordscream
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

I would like more solo viability for duels.
USMC OIF 04-05

#45 Gou

Gou
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:01 AM

Yeah that would be really nice.

But i would be already satisfied when intercept and charge would work correct.
Posted Image

#46 tonit

tonit
  • Validating
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Warsong
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:31 PM

Main warrior's issues atm:

-Pummel should be taken out of GCD, not because its so hard to predict your oponent's course of action, but because ppl like me and many others here play with high latencies, making pummeling really hard while doing all the other stuff u're suposed to be doing.

-ER should be replaced with some sort of CC resistance talent, I don't know how it would work, but it has to be something related to CC resistances like "gives the warrior 15% chance of resisting movement empairing efects".

-Berserker stance must be changed, it's broken atm, I think even other classes may come to agree. 10% + dmg isn't a fair trade for 3% crit after resilience stepped in.
Another warrior S5 reroll.

"Well at least you have a plan.

RIght now my strategy is putting my head between the legs and kissing my own ass goodbye."

-Jedion on how warriors are in 3.1

#47 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:55 AM

Zerk should be changed to +10% damage you do while in zerker (still maintaining you take 10% more) . Pummel should be taken off the GCD.

Warriors are not good in 2 DPS setups, sorry if you think otherwise. They are horrible, to the poser that posted that, you're dumb.

#48 Tremos

Tremos
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

"Pummel should be taken out of GCD"

This is the most important issue for me.

Change axe spec. For example, it still gives 5% crit, but also lets your DEEPWOUNDS stack twice, something to give it a little bit of an edge in arena compared to mace and swords.

#49 Dacian

Dacian
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:07 AM

Warrior and Issues are two words that dont go together at all. Remove RNG!

#50 Morsexy

Morsexy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

Dacian said:

Warrior and Issues are two words that dont go together at all. Remove RNG!

Sigh. I would trade my mace stuns for Cloak, 30 seconds intercept that WORKED and placed me behind the target ignoring pathing, spell pushback enjoyed by rogues and hunters, and a CC like blind\traps.

If you removed Mortal strike from our arsenal, I doubt we find a place on any arena comp ( maybe some random 5v5 cleave where bshout is amazing with rogue for MS ). Warriors are the only class that hinge so hugely on one talent, even warlocks without Soul Link could do a pure DPS 2's, we would simply have no place anywhere.

If you remove only one talent ( of the game changing variety ) from every class, warriors become the least effective class ( assuming you remove MS ) and if you gave every class only one talent, warriors suddenly become probably the best class when coupled with a healer. My issue is that multiple talents with cooldowns when used in a coordinated fashion by capable people far outweigh the debuff applied by MS in the short term which in anything other than 2v2 dps\healer vs dps\healer can occur far before the MS debuff takes it toll.

I personally find it discouraging that because MS is so powerful, the desire to balance us in any way is not even bothered with it seems. 10% extra damage in berserker stance has scaled beyond what it should be at this point, and we have no real outs compared to other classes.

Yes we are "fine" as is, and we can make it work. We are also by far the class that is easily killed with a coordinated burst, and we have no ways to stop an incoming casted CC while at range ( Read: rogues also had this issue and thus received deadly throw, I would love to have a talent like that ). And no, I do not count reflecting sheep\cyclone since I most likely want to kill that target not heal\remove them from the game.

So yes, RNG plays a part in what we do, but its not like we have anything else you can take away. I'd love to give up the RNG and receive more control over what my character does.

So unless Bladestorm is completely game changing ( and I doubt that it is ) I will be speccing something like 35-37-1 come WotLK.

Edited by Morsexy, 11 July 2008 - 01:04 PM.

#51 Dacian

Dacian
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:07 AM

Morsexy said:

Sigh. I would trade my mace stuns for Cloak, 30 seconds intercept that WORKED and placed me behind the target ignoring pathing, spell pushback enjoyed by rogues and hunters, and a CC like blind\traps.

You realize that shadowstep is nowhere near as OP as intercept? You CANT counter intercept in ANY way, its a 1 mash button that puts you in melee.

As a Hunter I at least can do something against a rogue that shadowsteps to me, but I cant do anything against a warrior thats intercepting at me (other than LOSing him but I could do this to shadowstep as well)

Dont you think the way Intercept works is way too forgiving?, any noob can mash it and BAM! he is in melee.

Shadowstep on the other hand does NOT guarantee melee.

This is just 1 of the things that make warriors an EAZY class to get rating with.
I wont argue theres a huge difference in a good warr vs a bad one. But the thing is, EVEN bad warriors get their gear since they have so powerful and easy to use abilities.

If you dont believe me, check around in this very forum, and you will notice a big difference among those warriors who are actually good, and those who are getting "carried" by their class.

#52 Morsexy

Morsexy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

What do you do against a rogue's shadowstep that you can't do to a warrior?

#53 Kolz

Kolz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arcane
  • RBG: 1885

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

Dacian said:

You realize that shadowstep is nowhere near as OP as intercept? You CANT counter intercept in ANY way, its a 1 mash button that puts you in melee.

As a Hunter I at least can do something against a rogue that shadowsteps to me, but I cant do anything against a warrior thats intercepting at me (other than LOSing him but I could do this to shadowstep as well)

Dont you think the way Intercept works is way too forgiving?, any noob can mash it and BAM! he is in melee.

Shadowstep on the other hand does NOT guarantee melee.

This is just 1 of the things that make warriors an EAZY class to get rating with.
I wont argue theres a huge difference in a good warr vs a bad one. But the thing is, EVEN bad warriors get their gear since they have so powerful and easy to use abilities.

If you dont believe me, check around in this very forum, and you will notice a big difference among those warriors who are actually good, and those who are getting "carried" by their class.

What exactly can you do to stop shadowstep that you can't do to stop intercept? Shadowstep can at least be used while rooted >_>

edit: For my own part, lowering the strength of warrior RNG (mace stuns, imp hamstring in particular) and taking pummel off gcd would be all I really want...

Edited by Kolenzo, 12 July 2008 - 08:36 AM.

#54 Dacian

Dacian
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

Morsexy said:

What do you do against a rogue's shadowstep that you can't do to a warrior?

Feign Death, and use that extra second or two to wing clip the rogue and move away, or

Scattershot him right when he shadowstepps, and he wont have a guaranteed melee range on you.

For both cases the Hunter has to have lightning fast reflexes.

You cant do either of these to a warr due to the stun component.
(if you do manage to get the FD or the scattershot off, you will still get stunned).

PS: A Rogue's shadowstep has room for error since it causes a change in your camera view and does not have a stun attached to it. You still have to be fast to actually get on your enemy (granted they have an advantage over every other class due to their 1 second global cooldown, but they still have to be fast).

Edited by Dacian, 12 July 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#55 Morsexy

Morsexy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:15 AM

My response would be, do you know how "OP" a hunter's trap is vs a warrior? It is the only CC we do not have an out against unless you're slow with pet attack macros, even were I to reflect the second your scattershot came off cooldown I wouldn't reflect your Freezing trap if you scatterd me that instant.

If intercept didn't stun ( since we don't have an on demand stun + 1sec GCD ) it would be a fairly useless skill, as it was when you were slowed and then intercepted through pudding and missed your target.

The main difference that I will agree on is that you clearly aren't playing good rogues, as you're right any warrior can intercept, but it may be tougher for a rogue to capitalize on shadow step.

I am all for taking everything off so called "RNG" playstyles, but for some reason they have this bug up their ass about giving warriors meaningful cooldown skills, and only with the implentation of bladestorm would we have one ( I'm not convinced it is good ) and at the same time we lose deathwish to be really meaningful.

We are already the class most vulnerable to CC even with a built in fear break, if they implemented some of these minor tweaks we would be unplayable.

Just ask any warrior what its like to be on a target that is getting crip poison ( which over writes hamstring ) vs a good druid. Or killing a Glad druid with sword spec. Currently while there are cleave comps, and kill the <insert clothy> there are tons of comps that revolve around gibbing a warrior, they just don't have the play that current armorpen comps get because that has scaled far too well.

This isn't some major QQ whine fest, there are other classes that need help\nerf first, like Paladins for every spec, druid\priest healing being so insane comparitively and shaman totems being so easy to kill ( being able to stab a totem and kill it in 1 blow is dumb as hell imo ). That being said, it is easy to chart the flow of arena balance around which class has been addressed most recently. The mace stun fix is already inc anyways, with 6 second internal CD and I pray we get a reactive defensive out like most classes have or are getting.

Frankly I'd settle for the rogue balancer, and rogue item iemizer man since nothing is more insane than the second blind - > sap while wearing your sunwell gear that has stamina on it vs the warrior gear that has none.

#56 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:11 AM

please dont troll the warrior feedback thread
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users