#21 raffu

raffu
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:43 AM

An easy fix for this is make bloodrage a dot effect on yourself. instead of an instant % hp for 10 instant rage and a periodic rage gain make the instant damage half as much and then periodic physical damage for the 1 rage gain. This would give warriors the needed time out of sheep 1ce a minute and roots if it was physical etc.

#22 tenderizor

tenderizor
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

yea basically these classes that have supposed spell push backs get a bubble, or some sort of concentration buff, or a stat on the new gloves that pretty much scratches it out of the window. I would like it if the bloodrage would be a dot effect as Raffu put it.

To go along with the purpose of this Thread the pro's cons and improvements needed to the warrior class were already well covered in previous posts.

#23 Kill

Kill
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:58 AM

Klore said:

3) Mace vs. Sword Spec. It's pretty clear that mace warriors are op out the heezy atm. More so with Deep Stunder or Skillherald. With t2/t3 bs mace it's like what, 15% chance to stun?
100% bullshit. The procrate of the DT/SH effect is around 1%.

It's a well known fact that the recent "nerf" to maces was not a nerf at all - hardly noticeable, as stated by numerous mace warriors - mace warriors still run about a 9%
From 11% to 9% was a 18% nerf in the number of stuns you would get in a battle, that's noticeable.

#24 Layla

Layla
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

Kill said:

From 11% to 9% was a 18% nerf in the number of stuns you would get in a battle, that's noticeable.

It's still stupidly overpowered, and still allows people to suck and get a decent rating, relying solely on mace stun.

#25 Kill

Kill
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:19 PM

Why didn't you roll a mace then if you think it's so much better than sword/axe?
We both know people only chose mace spec if they couldn't get a better weapon than TUF back in the old days when the procrates were equal.

Imo it's not overpowered per se, but brings a little something to the warrior class that it needs, something more than raw damage. When a stun whoring class like rogues get 6% in addition to all their controlled cc, I don't think 8-9% is unfair for a class with far, far less cc.

#26 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:05 PM

Don't act like mace stun isn't overpowered, it's super retarded and needs a total change. The random effect can win you a match, and it has several times for me. Stunning a resto druid when he's at 10ish% with nature's swiftness active is pure skill.

#27 Kill

Kill
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

So because the warrior class has few options but raw damage to turn a game, you want us to have even less?

It's not like waiting for that sword proc lolburst with windfury to win you the game is so much more skillfull.

#28 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:37 PM

it's not but mace stun is ridiculous
Posted Image

#29 Kill

Kill
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

ok, nothing to say against that overwhelming argument.

#30 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

i can't believe as a highly rated warrior you do not realize how gamebreaking mace stun is.

almost EVERY other warrior i talk to agree that it is ridiculously overpowered and the fact that MEDIOCRE warriors can get highly rated with maces speaks for itself

every other class i talk to says they would rather a sword or axe warrior on them instead of mace... it's just so clutch

i will always be swords deep inside, but i am not stupid enough to put myself at a disadvantage and not use a mace. i actually started this season with a sword to replace my stormherald yet in a mirror where i was chasing a druid and the other warrior was chasing mine and mace stunned my druid from 100>0 before i could peel and that was SR'ing the cyclone as I made my way back across the map i realized how dumb i was

sword specs CAN at times, be gamebreaking (hello wfury rng crits with sword spec + queued attacks), but mace stun is almost RELIABLE with how much it procs, and how insanely powerful it is
Posted Image

#31 Kill

Kill
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

That the easiest class to play with uncontrolled abilities is the easiest way for a bad player to reach medium rankings should not be a surprise to anyone, but hardly an argument in itself that the spec is overpowered.

A reason people only whine over mace stuns is simply that they don't notice in their SCT or whatever the sword procs or the extra 5% crits you would get with the other specs. If they get instagibbed with sword+wf they just say "lol overpowered class", not "overpowered swords+wf". A stun is that much more noticeable.

I can't believe you don't play with people who don't find your own class as OP as you do yourself, most people I have pvp'ed with at a high level consider mace stun a bare necessity to make such a cc-exposed, easily kitable class as warriors viable at all in the 2's and 3's.

And chain stunning for 5.25 secs? There's a 0,07% chance that will happen in 3 consecutive attacks.

#32 tenderizor

tenderizor
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:32 PM

the mace stuns are semi reliable, while sword procs are a seldom wtf effect, should try using recount using both weapons to show yourself just how much more reliable mace stun is vs sword proc. btw there are accounts of some who're still using deep thunder hitting 2k. Is that a good enough example to show that healing > dmg dealt without stuns or dmg + stuns > healing?

#33 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

That the easiest class to play with uncontrolled abilities is the easiest way for a bad player to reach medium rankings should not be a surprise to anyone, but hardly an argument in itself that the spec is overpowered
No it's not a suprise. But a bad player is a bad player period and should not be able to reach the medium rankings. They should stay in the appropriate brackets just like other classes have to.

If they get instagibbed with sword+wf they just say "lol overpowered class", not "overpowered swords+wf".
I have never heard any of my teammates or friends say that. if that happens i just hear "fucking rng" or "fucking lucky wfury swordspec". I have never heard them say "lol overpowered class" contrary to when being mace stunned. It's not SCT, sword spec is easily noticed by the animation when it procs and by the sound. Mace stun is that much more noticeable because of how much it procs.
Posted Image

#34 tenderizor

tenderizor
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

are you going to say that you picked mace b/c of it's looks? it's more fun? than the other specs? or because it is the "best" for arena due to the stuns controlling targets so well during arena matches?

and btw snuffie does the above said already lolz....

#35 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

Kill said:

This "discussion" is proving rather fruitless for both parts it seems. I hope you can shut up before you start capsing and foul mouthing people who disagree with you in the future, atleast on the AJ boards.

you are the one who chose to attack me personally first, are you not?
Posted Image

#36 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:23 AM

Buff axes imo.

#37 Gundulor

Gundulor
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:32 AM

I'm pretty content with the warrior class as a whole. More mobility would be nice and it would be awesome if bloodrage could break traps and sheep, but I suppose that'd be a little too much to ask for. Other than that, I just wish that Blizzard would alter the berserker stance tooltip so it only increases melee or crit damage by 10% and that tactical mastery and imp. heroic strike would switch places in the talent tables. It'd be great if Overpower could be used in berserker stance, but I know we're not getting that one and I'm just dreaming at this point.

#38 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

Excuse me if I repeat some things said by others.

Pummel off the GCD, for the love of whatever higher power you believe in. I keep a stress ball on my desk purely for the times when I hamstring a druid in cheetah and he hops out and cyclones me during my gcd.

Rend is terrible, maybe it should be stackable (for larger dot ticks).

Deepwounds getting on something when I'm just trying to help my mage partner get away screwing over his CC. Random CC breaking dots when I'm applying my limited utility are infuriating. Perhaps deepwounds can only occur on MS/heroic strike/WW/blood thirst/shield slam/slam crits? Or make it not tied to impale so I can just skip it.

RNG. Warriors are super RNG based, and it annoys me. Enrage/mace stun/crit damage+crit rage gen=moremore damage/imp hamstring/etc... Any manner of toning the RNG down would be wonderful.

Some manner of reliable damage on heavy armor targets would be super. Possible rage re balancing (less rage from cloth more from plate) or buffing abilities like rend that aren't affected by armor.

Survivability. Spell reflect is unreliable at best for preventing damage. Make it reflect a minimum amount of damage (1000-1500?) before the buff goes away. I'd love to see it reflect ticking dot damage too so I can get a bandage off for those 5s.

Intervene is amazing, if only I could use it to help protect my teammates more reliably (not just myself). Similar to spell reflect, make it absorb a minimum amount of damage that the targeted player takes. Make it work against spells. Intervene --> spell reflect would be clutch.

Intimidating shout --> Shorter cooldown so that we get more use out of it would be great.

Really anything that helps make warriors better team players and gives them more control over a match (aside from damage) is something that would be desirable to me. I'd even be willing to give up some damage for it.

#39 Dragoth

Dragoth
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Forscherliga
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

I agree to Vadren's points, just one additional thought.

Vadren said:

Intimidating shout --> Shorter cooldown so that we get more use out of it would be great.

And reducing the rage cost by a large margin. 25 rage means that odds are good that I may have to wait to get off my IS, which cuts a lot of it's usefulness since it requires proper positioning and instant usage. Having to wait 3 seconds for the next white hit is a huge downside for one of our very few "oh crap"-buttons. Apart from all the other flaws it has.

#40 Kazimir

Kazimir

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

TAKE PUMMEL OFF THE GCD KTHX.

Im playing swords just because I dont want to be part of the crowd :\.

Srsly, I have both an s3 mace and sword, I prefer swords now beacuse all im doing is powerleveling people in 3's and playing a 5's setup with a shaman.  Seriously though, <mace stun effect> is fucking retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<