Druid Feedback Thread
Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:08 PM
Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:08 PM
List your primary talent tree(s): I'm a Resto Druid, always will be.
List the content you're primarily persuing or most enjoy: All I do is PvP
Areas that are most in need of improvement:
Feral and Balance pvp in general... A good druid is almost completely forced to go restoration in order to PvP effectively, some major overhauls are long overdue to make the other trees more viable, because as it stands, unless someone is insanely geared, there's almost no way for them to succeed in any type of pvp situiation that isn't a duel.
Feral Range bug: I'm tired of seeing complaints about this, and I think that its only a fair fix if something can be done about it.
Abilities, Most to Least:
Tiger's Fury: Completely useless in its current form, I'd suggest completely replacing the ability to be more along the lines of anything useful... perhaps a talent deep in Feral to make it provide something that all the ferals want: A snare or a MS type Debuff.
frenzied Regen: I never use this ability as it does not scale with anything 100 rage for 2kish health is nothing - Making our +healing gear affect this talent would make druids more viable in 5v5 because we'd be able to survive a burst a little bit better.
rake: same story as tiger's fury
MotW needs to scale so that is more useful, and the talent needs to be changed to make it more lucrative compared to furor.
Feral Charge: making this talent trainable would open up a world of extra specs and other things to try for non Feral Druids. It would be a huge buff to Resto Druids though, and i'm not sure it would be balanced if this became trainable.
Yes, I know making Feral Charge trainable would make Resto druids even more absurdly powerful, but can anyone blame me for making efforts to buff my class/spec?
Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:29 PM
Content: Mostly Arena PvP with some occasional PvE. I'll focus on PvP issues.
* Provide a brief description of the areas you feel are most in need of improvement (you may list a maximum of three issues and each issue should be described in one or two sentences).
1) Feral PvP. Primary problems include:
-Coming out of form to Cyclone/Root (WITHOUT the anti-pushback talent) is costly for mana, damage, and survivability purposes.
-No snare, healing debuff, or real stun.
-No real back-up healing ability. Healing in Feral gear doesn't accomplish much beyond a 2v2 enironment.
-Too many "necessary" talents in Feral. It's too easy to spend 46+ points in the tree. In order to get much in other trees for a more hybrid role, you have to give up many "core" feral talents (i.e. you don't see many feral druids with the anti-pushback cyclone talent, even though it would be quite useful).
2) Balance PvP. Primary problems:
-Moonkin form doesn't add much in a PvP enironment unless you're tanking. In fact, if you're not tanking, it can be argued to have a negative impact since it cuts off healing spells and depoison.
-No spell interrupt. Unless you spec 11 in to feral, moonkin are the only casting class without a way to interrupt spells (SPriest silence, felhunter spell lock, mage CS, shaman ES). Even if you get feral charge it's an awkward way to interrupt spells; shift into bear -> wait for furor (or enrage) -> charge -> back to caster/moonkin.
-Too many "necessary" talents in Balance. Same as Feral - it's too easy to spend 46+ points in the tree. In order to get much in other trees for a more hybrid role, you have to give up a lot from Balance.
* List up to five specific spells/abilities/talents you feel most need change, redesign or improvement in the order you feel each is most in need of attention. (MOST to LESS)
1) Frenzied Regen. It needs some kind of scaling ability; preferably in relation to max health. Self buffed in resto PvP gear, even if I get the maximum 10 rage/sec conversion, 2500 health is only 21% of my health in Bear Form. That % obviously gets worse the more buffs I have and would be horrendous for a Feral in tank gear.
2) Tiger's Fury. It's useless. The only time anyone uses this is for fun crits. The only way to really fix this is to completely redesign the ability. Perhaps make it add a short stun to your next Mangle/Shred.
3) Maim. Currently it's as useful for Resto as it is for Feral (not a good thing). In anything larger than a 2v2 situation, Maiming with more than 1-2 CPs on an assist target is worthless as it'll get broken instantly. Ferals lack the control (CC/stun/snare) abilities that other DPS classes bring to 3v3/5v5, and Maim only being an incapacitate certainly doesn't help.
4) Mark of the Wild. It just doesn't add much. In PvP, a cloak enchant already nearly negates the spell resist. It only adds 140 health, 210 mana, and very minor offensive stats. The Imp MotW talent is also quite bad: +5 stats and 9 resists for 5 talent points.
5) Rake. It's used as a CP generator for Restos trying to get a quick Maim off or Ferals trying to get a quick Rip in against high armor classes. It doesn't do enough damage to be worth using over Mangle or Shred in nearly every case. IMO add some kind of snare effect to the bleed.
Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:46 AM
Make Feral Charge trainable. This may be overpowered but i think if charge were nerfed a bit to balance it out might be ok. Increase the cooldown to 20 seconds and reduce the silence and snare to 3 maybe? I'm not to sure on this one i'm just brainstorming ideas. I think if it were trainable and replaced with a better talent for feral, maybe this new ability would help out feral druids in arenas.
Make Omen of Clarity useful for resto druids. I find it rather odd that a talent in the resto tree has no usefulness for resto druids. I dont really know how to change it, maybe let it proc off spellcasts or something. I'm all for having feral utility in the resto tree and all but at least let it be useful for resto druids.
Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:06 AM
Moonkin pvp itemisation is bad need more spell crit
Feral needs an interupt/stun giving feral charge a 1 sec stun with 4pc set bonus would be great
Furor lag still needs fixing and should not require talent points much like tm for warriors
Talents need to be updated like priests were
Treants need a pet bar
healing needs to be put back on feral gear... nuturing instinct needs to based on stamina
Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:13 PM
Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:21 PM
Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:36 PM
Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:44 PM
Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:04 PM
Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:56 AM
Personal opinions on issues :
-Predatory Strikes, its a pretty crappy talent, should be replaced with something else.
-Why did feral lifeblooms get nerfed last patch?
-Furor lags, and I miss interrupts sometimes because of it.
-Self explanatory: Rake / tigersfury.
-Range on cyclone is hurting alot also. (against those damn warlocks summoing their voidwalkers while BoP'd)
Faerie Fire Feral should be trainable and replaced with a talent giving the 2pc Tier 5 bonus from the feral gear.
Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:49 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users