Photo

Tremor Totem

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#161 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

So because there is one way to remove fear off your teammates (since UA covers any dispel attempts), it's op? Yes, shaman+rogue/TG/feral is good against lock teams. That's a comp weakness. Just like shaman/war was weak to any mage team in BC because shaman couldn't get rid of sheep. Generally the best idea is to fear the shaman and have your partner peel the melee since it's hard to cast with a rog/TG on you anyway.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#162 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

tremor spam is a myth, lhw spam is the reality vs locks.

#163 Edicus

Edicus
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

I'm still a bit bitter from S3 and 4 as well with Tremors becoming almost absolutely pointless from totem-stomping macros, so my opinion is biased.

Good priests still get fears off after killing my totems, so apparently only lock teams who completely depended on the macro are being affected right now (and the fact that their regular fear has to be casted rather than instant which makes a big difference). They also tend to be with Rogues who put so much pressure on the Shaman (and usually stand on the Shaman) so that he can't effectively hide totems around in special areas.

It was basically broken during BC anyways, where even sometimes I'd stay feared the full duration even though I'd be right next to the totem.

#164 Zugrug

Zugrug
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1689
  • 3v3: 1845
  • RBG: 1487

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

Jesus christ you guys really don't get it.

The problem w/ tremor totem is not fearing a shaman, it's possible to fear the shaman, "hard" but possible.

The problem is having any melee class they are with raping the lock or healer because they can't peel w/ fear. because of tremor spam and the fact that it pulses their teammates out instantly.

so nothing has changed?
Posted Image
pwn noobs all day

#165 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Your "one trick" completely shuts down a warlocks support and fear is far from a strong cc. Do you think tremor would be ridiculous if it broke polymorph? Of course it would be.

Wait fear is far from a strong CC? Fear is arguably the most powerful and feared(lol) CC in the game. Any time there is a warlock in 3v3 or 5v5 even with a shaman on my teams our goals revolve around not letting him get fears off regardless of tremor totem being up or not.

Also of course it would be OP if it broke polymorph. Poly already had some powerful limiting factors to it including healing the target and breaking on any damage.

CC that can move you otu of position and you can take damage while inside vs a CC that heals you and breaks instantly on damage. Comparing the two when trying to talk about what tremor should or should not break isn't very logical.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#166 Laserz

Laserz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:20 AM

Levidia is right (lol). Fear has the potential to be the best cc in the game. Period. There is nothing that can cc you as long as a 10 second jaunt around pillars directly away from your stunlocked team mate. Tremor just makes this a lot harder to pull off but honestly it's still pretty doable. Wait until grounding is on cooldown, death coil the shaman and fear while having a partner kill tremor?

#167 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

so nothing has changed?

nah it was quite possible to fear people out of tremor range before it ticked, etc. now it's turret ticks.

#168 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

Levidia is right (lol). Fear has the potential to be the best cc in the game. Period. There is nothing that can cc you as long as a 10 second jaunt around pillars directly away from your stunlocked team mate. Tremor just makes this a lot harder to pull off but honestly it's still pretty doable. Wait until grounding is on cooldown, death coil the shaman and fear while having a partner kill tremor?

It has the potential to be the best CC in the game but is also the most countered CC by far... And the fact that fear makes you run away is a double edged sword, it's good for melee peels but it's terrible in most cases if you are trying to burst a healer because it takes em out of your range/ out of LoS etc.

Your suggestion implies that you should only be fearable every 2 min (DC CD) and it still doesn't take away fear immunity to your partners.

#169 Oomlock

Oomlock
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

i usually die before the other team is done using their fear countering moves and has plenty left over.

#170 Laserz

Laserz
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

It has the potential to be the best CC in the game but is also the most countered CC by far... And the fact that fear makes you run away is a double edged sword, it's good for melee peels but it's terrible in most cases if you are trying to burst a healer because it takes em out of your range/ out of LoS etc.

Your suggestion implies that you should only be fearable every 2 min (DC CD) and it still doesn't take away fear immunity to your partners.

Well yeah the example I used would only be usable every 2 minutes but that's why you have partners to create more opportunities.

#171 Zestola

Zestola
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:06 AM

Tremor hotfixed. End of thread.

http://forums.worldo...211002734&sid=1

#172 Morgasaurus

Morgasaurus

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

I hope i'm not the only one that sees the similarity between these warlocks qqing about tremor being OP like bad mages QQ about grounding being OP; it can catch their instacast PoM-pyro macro lol.

A modicum of skill and the GCD on totems greatly shifts this in the warlock/mage's favor. Maybe you warlocks would have a lot better luck if you (a) dot first and (B) start fear when we start heals.

Also, I find it ridiculous that "CCing the shaman isn't the problem;" you want to be able to CC the shaman's partner easily too... and make us utterly worthless free points. :rolleyes:

#173 Syn

Syn
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darrowmere
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

Tremor hotfixed. End of thread.

http://forums.worldo...211002734&sid=1

Really? I thought we had 18 pages worth because we were discussing how awesome tremor was. He worded it in a way that completely ignores the fact that the drop tick was removed. It's "properly" ticking just fine, that's not what they hotfixed, it's the drop tick. Now it ticks 3 seconds after it's dropped, not immediately and then 3 seconds after.

#174 baaktus

baaktus
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

playing 2s with a lock and meeting another shaman healer+dps the way to win is through the totemstomping macro, sorry to say but it's the only way unless they suck, especially vs shaman+rogue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<