#41 Taifun

Taifun
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

Tremor is fine at the moment, remove totem stomping, do something about 5hp totems THEN you can think about nerfing Tremor.

YES tremor should counter fear. but right now its basically like a warrior constantly having deathwish up YOU ARE IMMUNE TO FEAR if your any good.

Sorry but you're clueless, already feared Shaman can't restomp Tremor, all you have to do is make sure it's destroyed at the same time you fear Shaman. If coordinating with your teammate is too hard, you shouldn't be able to fear Shaman nor his team.

Shaman is easily fearable if you're any good, not the other way around.

#42 Escabar

Escabar
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:38 PM

well playing a lock and shaman (im not the best shaman however) I can easily say that tremor is op in 2s. Totem stomping is wroth a shit vs. warriors or hunters because

vs. warriors it puts ur pet in a gib position
vs. hunters your pet can never geto the totem if your hunter isnt a retard. +he can gib a pet

2) Yah timing a fear to land as tremor dies is doable, however 1) if he isnt retarded he will redrop it AS the fear is about to land. so killing it is pointless. secondly there are latency issues most ppl have, not everyone plays with 50ms (i do so i can pull it off). So sometimes you will see the fear go off and TREMOR actually appear after your fear and its hilarious.

ATM tremor is a delicate issue. It needs to be good yes. but in its current state its either OP or useless, its trying to find the median between these 2 to balance it.
Posted Image

#43 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

Dropping tremor right when you get feared to use latency to try and get broken out of fear instantly is equivalent to SWDing a sheep. Most people think SWDing sheeps is fairly skillful. If they mistime they might get feared full duration(did it too late), or you'll have about 3sec to kill it before it breaks them.

Also, lock sham has always had good matchups against other lock/healer teams.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#44 Zestola

Zestola
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

One thing I do wanna point out is in this thread, all the shamans saying Tremor is fine are shamans who have never hit gladiator and are currently sub 2k.

lol? Tremor is fine. You balance tremor vs warlocks, you break shamans against priests. It gets messy as hell.

#45 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

stop acting like shamans are the reason why locks are having a really hard time in arena (well at least those who don't play 2v2 with druids)

stop forgetting that forcing us into tremor spam mode prevents us from healing too much, dots still tick while you're trying to get a fear through, are they? i am very familiar with the concept of winning by forcing the opposite team to spend gcds on anything but healing (played both lock and druid for 3 seasons).

stop judging classes solely based on your 2v2 experience pyrilus.

i'll trade the current tremor functionality against defensive magic dispel any day. how is a 1 healer 3s with a resto shaman supposed to deal with cc chains which involve either a hunter, warrior, priest, druid or lock (read: any cc chain)? it was shit before the pulse buff, it was strong with pulses buffed and no stomping, it's halfway decent and very managable now.

go cry about rogues and spare us the hate. i'm really mad at you because you chose the easy way out and write walls of text instead of going out there and really playing your best tennis.

edit: goddamnit i actually read further. stop fucking pretending we are free to drop tremor at any given time; like we are never stunned, deathcoiled, blinded, cc'ed in any other way or god forbid forced to heal. it's not like every shaman is carrying his personal magic dispel bot around either. i'm so angry because i've had so many close fights against the best lock teams in my BG, there was no way to win these matches easy or fast so why the fuck are you lock pricks asking for exactly that against shaman teams? fucking ban me but get it into your head: you are complaining about the completely wrong class!

#46 Marinara

Marinara
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:37 PM

While tremor is cheap and spammable so is your totem stomp macros curse of tongues and fears. Along with the fact that if we're on DR you can move on to the partner to mitigate damage.

And yes basically what Taifun said, when you give it hp and removing stomping macros then you can think about nerfing it

#47 Acedraven

Acedraven
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

I play both a lock and shammy. tremor is pretty wicked atm against locks. However prior to the pulse change it was pretty stupid how I could get feared right over a tremor totem repeatibly and it not do a damn thing. I would think maybe a short cd like 4 sec would be reasonable. Or make it so it doesnt affect our fear drs on that target.
Posted Image

#48 Escabar

Escabar
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:39 AM

i think the biggest issue.

atm is balanced vs. priests OP vs. locks.

gotta find a way to fix it.
Posted Image

#49 Candya

Candya
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:36 AM

There's no issue

Shamans can drop a totem that can dispell fears to every team member within 30yards every 3sec or so. That's it.

They are balanced that way, the same way druids are balanced around not getting sheeped/snared/rooted, or paladins have bubbles, etc...

Tremor is a shaman design ability and that's it.

It's not gamebreaking for fering class, especially since totemstomp macros are back.

The only issue there is is in your head...

#50 Peacepipe

Peacepipe
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:15 AM

So all of the locks coming in here want tremor to have a short cooldown but what protection will it get in return from your pet totem stomping it every time?

#51 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

how so? You have a pet to kill it, we don't. If we're running toward a shaman (WONDER WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO EH) they can just spam it.

I really hope blizzard does something about this. because the Impossibleness of cleave to beat any comp, really, is just an excruciating process that involves immense skill and luck. Buff warriors death knights and pallys, nerf mages and rogues.

#52 Instability

Instability
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2134

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:31 AM

I currently play Priest/Lock.

Now I will openly say... Shamans make me want to pull my hair out. Sure, i slam my face on my totem stomping macro but my fears either get stopped by their DPS (or at least pushed back) or it gets caught by a grounding totem that just also ate up 2 of my DoT's (love new grounding totem D:)

But then you also look at this... most shaman/(dps) teams will not let you (warlock) get off haunts/ua's/fears. Whether it's a combination of earthshock/kick earthshock/scatter/wyvren sting... there is plenty for these teams to stop you. May I also remind you... without haunt up, our dot's do pretty terrible damage... thus easily being healed by riptide.

You can argue the fact "oh well you need to put more pressure on them blah blah.." Sorry, there really just anything you can do with a hunter pumping DPS into both you and your priest, while viper stinging him, and the shaman kiting us through traps in order to get off hex's/heals. (Yes, I know you can spell lock Hex, but it becomes rather difficult for your pet to even come near the shaman when you're spaming your totem macro and your puppy is running through the frosty planes in order to reach them 20 seconds later)

You absolutely cannot say that shamans dont have the upper hand on warlocks/priest.

But in saying that, it's just one of those things. I'd rather not see a class nerfed even more when they've been due for their glory for far too long. I've always been one to overcome (impossible?/difficult) comps as dpriest/warlock. Anything with a shaman provides that excitement.

This is not a "OH SHAMAN TREMOR TOTEM IS OP" reply. It's simply a "take a step back, realize that shaman/x has the upper hand on a warlock/priest. But on the same notion realize that it's "working as intended""

#53 Pyrilus

Pyrilus
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1143

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:17 AM

It very may well be that I play with the wrong class. I think druid is still probably the strongest partner if specced and geared correctly due to the fact that warlocks don't have great self-peels.

I just don't like Tremor Totem in the context that I'm already in an uphill fight trying to keep a rogue, warrior, or DK off me. Resto shamans can decurse so I have a much less reliable way of either slowing resto shaman casts (but resto shamans have the ability to instant heal now) or kiting with CoEx. I'm also purged of Freedoms. But again, my point is that I'm finding that Tremor Totem just puts fights over the top.

Tremor Totem means that against rogues and to a lesser extent TG warriors, SV hunters, DKs, and ret pallies, I'm casting three instant dots and maybe a UA or Haunt if I can somehow juke. This is not enough pressure to make a shaman have to be inefficient, and this is not enough pressure to even stop a shaman from gaining mana passively through water shield with my pet on them or drinking outright. All the while, with pressure levels as they are in-game, I'm being constantly healed and my own healer ends up being oom.

#54 Paulweezy

Paulweezy
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 1836
  • RBG: 1810

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:29 AM

Most Shaman teams I go up against either run with a DK/Rogue/Warrior. Which makes it really hard to do anything as it is because I am taking so much spike dmg and my healer ( which is a druid ) has to struggle to keep me up most of the game. And with my only form of cc getting neutralized by a simple Totem gives that setup the upper hand by any means. I never feel like I have the upper hand against a Resto Shaman/Melee comp but hey maybe everyone needs a counter amiright? I say make tremor the way it use to be and it might make it an intresting game.

On a plus note with the change to Grounding it now makes it even more difficult because it stays up unless direct dmg or you stomp it with your pet considering your pet doesn't get gibbed within the first 3 secs of the game. can you say gg *deathcoil* :(

#55 Zestola

Zestola
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:31 AM

how so? You have a pet to kill it, we don't. If we're running toward a shaman (WONDER WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO EH) they can just spam it.

If it were given a cool down imagine a priest comes as if hes going to fear, whacks my tremor right after I drop it I have nothing to do because tremor is on cd. I am forced to eat the fear which would lead to a sap and then a blind. gg. Atleast vs a lock I know the fear is coming and I can ground and shock the fear. If you are to nerf it I only see a reduction on the pulse or if its given a cool down it definitely needs its hp beefed up. Either way karma is a bitch and this is payback for s1-s4. :D

#56 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:40 AM

You should be ok against ret pal and sv hunters (well maybe not them since they are ridic) since they have no 'pummel'. Should be able to ua+haunt against them and that is definately enough damage to force heals and give you time to fear/kill tremor.

inb4 delete

#57 bobsauce

bobsauce

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:54 AM

Youre really complaining about tremor? You do realize how easy it is to kill tremor and insta fear right? Unless the shaman is just spamming it then you should be able to fear him.

You put a cooldown on tremor totem and it's rediculously easy as priest rogue to just lock the shit down. Even vs lock teams if it had a CD, how hard is LOL TOTEM STOMP then its a guarenteed fear...yeah thats balanced. Vs the class that is easily subjected to the most fucked up shit as a healer. People who complain about tremor confuse me.

BTW my hunter's pet in 2s is named tremor totem
Posted Image

#58 Ridzik

Ridzik
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Anub'arak
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:51 AM

I just don't like Tremor Totem in the context that I'm already in an uphill fight trying to keep a rogue, warrior, or DK off me.

now that's self pity, but i've got some news for you: i just don't like every rogue/mage/(priest) cc being on a seperate DR in the context that i'm already in an uphill fight trying to keep up with insane burst, instantly reapplied poisons and silence. everybody has its problems. thats no reason to take other classes forums hostage for the sole purpose to vent frustration (in a creepy indirect way)

i don't mean to offend you but i've watched your stream for some nights and you (and especially your paladin) have a lot to improve. in addition you do have neither perfect equipment (your paly has like 400 resil?) nor perfect professions (which would include engineering). in the end your ratings are probably right where they should be.

#59 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:17 AM

BTW my hunter's pet in 2s is named tremor totem

Rofl, that's fucking brilliant tbh.

inb4 delete

#60 ddank

ddank

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:02 AM

tremor is op in twos. not as much in 3s and 5s, especially if the lock has a totem stomp macro that is killing them as soon i drop them.

Every team has a counter in 2s, its the nature of the bracket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<