#21 Loleeta

Loleeta
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

The only thing I can think of would be to allow usage of tremor while feared/slept/charmed but give it like a 30 sec cd. or something. That way shamans don't have to keep spamming it while their opponent keeps spamming their macro. Playing the "totem mini-game" with hunters and warlocks gets pretty tiring.

This is what could be a decent band-aid fix. Current tremor is beyond silly. Just imagine if wotf was 30 seconds instead of 2 minutes, and also acted as a dispel to you whole team as well. Now just think for a moment the current state of tremor.

Of course this is from a warlock PoV with no CD fear, maybe the above idea won't be as popular to priests since they got CD on their fear.

#22 Gds

Gds
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

Am I missing the point or are you guys playing skirmish 1v2?
If you're teamed up with a healer he can easily kill totems while you land a fear.

Just because you are not remotely as dominant as you used to be it doesn't
mean we are the unccable doom of all warlocks.

#23 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

You're going to have to give up totem-stomping macros before we can nerf tremor or else it's going to be s1-4 all over again. I do agree a short cd would be ok, but not with stomping macros in game.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#24 fuuga

fuuga

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

playing ret/priest i find tremor totem insanely annoying and game breaking.. unccable instant buffremoving healer

Have your ret make a macro to target tremor and cast his new single target taunt. Poof, off-gcd tremor killer, then you are free to fear.

totems alone are more buttons than rogues use you fucking downie

inb4 delete

#25 Pirated

Pirated
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

honestly, it's gone from locks dominating shamans completely (tongues, no instant cast heals, everyone on the team taking damage from DOTS) to shamans pretty much dominating locks

yeah, I think tremor is too powerful
"i have literally never, to my recollection, overestimated myself"
-Buddhist

#26 Loleeta

Loleeta
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:32 PM

You are missing the point. Having teammate to kill the totem is pointless, I could kill it with the pet and obviously time it much better just a tiny fraction before fear lands, but that doesn't counter the fact that shaman can drop a new totem that very moment, that will take a second or so to appear on my screen and remove him from fear and place him in DR before I can possibly kill it.

And that's the good case, not taking into consideration that maybe I can't send the pet cuz it is switched upon and killed, or its slowed, or my healer has to spam heal me cuz of unCCable rogue/dk/warrior/hunter on my raping me, not to mention my healer cant afford wasting GCDs and mana on par with spamming 1secGCD and little mana cost tremor, neither can he be reckless with his positioning because thanks to tremor my peeling if he gets swapped on is effectively nil.

#27 EnyØ

EnyØ
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Anvilmar
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Tremor is fine. It's the nature of the shaman class. You have to work to be able to fear them. WotF sucks ass because rogues and priests can have it and they traditionally have been the ultimate counter to warlock/x. Team a Shaman with a Rogue and I see a problem. But it's a counter comp. Much like Mages counter Shaman solely due to burst + Counter Spell. If they want to balance everything, nerf CS, nerf Tremor, nerf Mutilate, nerf DW/Recklessness, nerf Cyclone, nerf Plague Strike/Sigils etc...

#28 Kitore

Kitore
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Bronzebeard
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

I vote Omniclass. Give everyone fear, totems, and AoE disarms; the ability to evocate and regen to full every minute; and stealth.

This game would be SO FREAKING AWESOME!!

*cough*

#29 Nerios

Nerios
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Area 52
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

Any good Warlock/priest I've encountered so far, always dominated me, due to the fact that it took me a GCD and some mana to constantly drop a totem, they could take out with an autohit or a pet-macro. In the time it would have taken me to drop a new one, in most of the cases, I was already feared by the priest or in need of a heal, due to the dots of the lock.
When I constantly have to check if I'm protected against fear, I can't focus on healing and in 99.9% of the cases this lead either to me being constantly feared or someone died, because I couldnt check the HP bars.
Tremor is a tricky thing. As Rice said, it can either completly destroy the enemy team or it can be a waste of time in mana.
IMHO, this is balanced though, through the fact, that the only classes that can fear, can also burn/drain my mana, while i'm constantly redropping tremor.

#30 Arirang

Arirang
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

It's really funny what kind of impact it brings when tremor pulses aren't resisted anymore thanks to the spell resistance change. Now a lot of shitty players have to learn to apply pressure before successfully getting a CC off.
My thread about FURY, what could have been the greatest PvP game.
SunBhie of Mushin
Arirang of OhCee
BLC vid

#31 Escabar

Escabar
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

Atm imo tremor is balanced in 5s

a lil OP in 3s

and VERY VERY OP in 2s.

One thing I do wanna point out is in this thread, all the shamans saying Tremor is fine are shamans who have never hit gladiator and are currently sub 2k.

All the shamans agreeing that tremor is a little out of hand are high rated and also run with some kind of melee class.

Imo I think tremor is a stick situation (i actually like the fact that resto shamans can decurse i think its fair and great)

My best bet to say balancing tremor would be increase the delay before the initial pulse maybe? cuz as it is now its near instant, no cooldown and low mana...However delaying the initial pulse again makes it semi unreliable.

My idea.....Increase tremor totem hp, INITIAL PULSE is how it currently is (near instant) however, the next pulse is delayed....similar to grounding totem having a 10 sec cd (now this delay between pulses will have to be tested etc. possible 5 seconds? just a theorycraft) and there should also be a small cooldown on being able to use tremor (again 10 seconds or so)

So this makes you somewhat FEARABLE if we TRY....i.e. kill a tremor and fear you, however killing a tremor wont be as simple as it used to be. OR if forwhatever reason we fail to kill it. Your fear gets instantly broken, but your now on DR and you are now subject to a half duration fear?

I think this is a pretty good compromise.

I play with a pretty horrible shaman in 2s and we BEAT other lock teams simply cuz of tremor...and HE SUCKS AT USING TREMOR LOL (half the time i gotta devour him and get him to drop it cuz he is fail lol)
Posted Image

#32 Subpar

Subpar
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

Priests should NOT be complaining about tremor.

All you have to do is have your partner force damage onto ours (lets use rogue for an example.)

Say your rogue gets a vanish cs on my rogue into a ks. We both know that if I'm not SPAMMING my lhw button in this cs->ks my rogue is DEFINITELY going to die if he doesn't have a trinket up. Meanwhile, you don't have to heal your rogue because mine is stunlocked. So you're running at me meleeing my tremor. What do you expect me to do? Drop another tremor and stop healing my rogue? If I drop another tremor you can just melee that one as you fear me. If I don't drop another tremor you can just fear me.

Priests who think shaman are unfearable now really need to l2p. Go talk to Eks on Mal'Ganis, I'm sure he'll be more than willing to help teach you the art of meleeing/SW:Ding tremor totems as you fear the shaman.

One single fear on a shaman in a priest rogue game is gg for the shaman, and you expect to get them for free? Jesus christ what a joke.

As for warlocks, it's really not that hard to make sure you kill a tremor before HoTing or fearing. A good shaman is supposed to be able to counter your fear mechanic. That's just the way it is. Just like rogues counter shaman. Just like warriors used to counter rogues. Tremor as able to be worked around but it shouldn't come easy, and a good shaman should be able to never be feared unless YOU outplay him. If you're only using your silly macro as you cast fear you aren't outplaying him.

A good player should be able to kill the tremor while fearing and if you're spreading your dots well enough we don't really have much of a choice sometimes to stop a heal even if we know you might kill the tremor because otherwise our partner will die. Sure, when we use tremor on someone in our party it removes fear. You act as if tremor was balanced before when you could fear us and we would run outside of the tremor's range before it pulsed. Tremor is a counter to fear, period. Shaman are balanced around the fact that they aren't supposed to be feared. Deal with it. Warlocks already counter paladins and dks. You want to counter shaman too?

Also stop being suggesting that tremor have a cooldown. That's never going to happen unless you give it 20,000 hp. I'll say it once more. Tremor is a fear counter. Good players are able to work around it. I didn't see warlocks complaining in tbc when it took 3 seconds to pulse and was just instantly killed by a pet and NEVER removed fear from the shaman ever.

#33 Mash

Mash
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

One thing I do wanna point out is in this thread, all the shamans saying Tremor is fine are shamans who have never hit gladiator and are currently sub 2k.

All the shamans agreeing that tremor is a little out of hand are high rated and also run with some kind of melee class.

Stopped reading right there. If you're gonna argue, don't start with "everyone who doesn't agree with me is stupid/crap".

#34 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

No they're not. Stop being silly.

#35 Phelps

Phelps
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blade's Edge
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

Bad players can't fear a shaman.
Posted Image

#36 Escabar

Escabar
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

really didnt think top rated locks such as glickz hosebeast pyrilus brayzee orgodemir myself and many others were bad players.

Now yah the old tremor was a JOKE and horrible.

YES tremor should counter fear. but right now its basically like a warrior constantly having deathwish up YOU ARE IMMUNE TO FEAR if your any good. it doesnt not counter it, it makes you immune (at least in 2v2) in 3s/5s its a diff story because you are much more forced into having to heal so you cant spam tremor as readily. I already awknowledged i think tremor is pretty fine in 3s/5s however in 2s its retardedly OP.

Fine maybe vs. rogue/priest because rogues can do some serious damage and counter shamans hard, so you cant spare a GCD to drop a tremor always.

But if you cant time a tremor to drop as a locks fear lands you fail....
Posted Image

#37 Candya

Candya
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

But if your pet cant kill a tremor as your fear lands you fail....

#38 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

dno, tremor totem was never a problem to me when I played priest, sure it was annoying but never really bothered me, if you dont suck you can handle it (with a pet its np at all, after all its not really safeproof)

its fine, why would it be op that one class can take away fear when, for example, warriors cant properly be sapped. do you see rogues whining that much about it?

food for thought

#39 Ghorkk

Ghorkk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Sporeggar
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Bad players can't fear a shaman.

this

#40 Hosebeast

Hosebeast
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/1/0/0/2

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

In most cases I don't even stomp/fear against certain teams anymore because it is a waste of time/gcd. Pet is still very vulnerable. I run into a lot of teams that will still fall back and kill my pet a lot so I can't really stomp that often or they run comps that won't allow you to reach the totems.. (hunters come to mind).

Like I stated in my other thread and a few others have mentioned. It can be retardly overpowered or completely useless. I don't really know what I would do to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<